Fanatec Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 77 comments
"Note: While the Podium Hub is fully supported by our CSL and ClubSport wheel bases, the Podium Button Module Endurance is currently only compatible with the Podium Series direct drive systems. Compatibility to the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 will follow in a future firmware update, with the display operating in Legacy Mode."

mode.png

Very pricey but looks to be very well made, and great to see they're making leather versions for those that don't like suede/alcantara 👍

Last edited:
Hm, but its the steering wheel of the "old" model 991, not the 2019 991-2, thats a pitty. Still nice if youre a Porsche fan and got the money...

Because he can't afford it. Simple as that;)

I can afford a dozen of them and while I disagree garbage as I’m sure it’s fantastic (in leather) I will say it’s damn ugly.
Too many contrasting colors for my old eyes. Is this what you young guys like nowadays?

I can afford a dozen of them and while I disagree garbage as I’m sure it’s fantastic (in leather) I will say it’s damn ugly.
Too many contrasting colors for my old eyes. Is this what you young guys like nowadays?

So a guy with old eyes call it garbage. I can live with that:) Now makes everything sense;)

Unfortunately, it seems so. But I'd argue for an exemption here, because I think the contrasting colors are an example of function before form in this instance. The fact that most of the buttons are different colors means you can more easily remember which does what - blue does X, yellow does Y, and so on.

So a guy with old eyes call it garbage. I can live with that:) Now makes everything sense;)

I did not call it garbage. I’m sure it functions great, the aesthetics are less than desirable.
I guess I could use my VR more and not have to look at it.

I am not taking her to the prom.

It's a replica of an actual Porsche GT3 R wheel you dork.

If only this and other wheels were available without the universal hub. Just makes them too expensive IMO.

How about gifting one of the dozen ;) ?

In all seriousness - rim looks awesome but constant wacking in the face while changing rims (Don't know if it is just me. Because of changing using only one hand) kinda stops me expanding my collection. I'm waiting for the Podium pedals.

I haven't had any communication to tell me anything different for my order.

Remember last december? The botched Podium wheelbase launch? No word for months about any delays, until a few days before the scheduled availability date, which they had 6 months to correct... So yeah, I hope to receive that UPS e-mail notice in my inbox real soon, to confirm delivery before X-mas.

Back