Fanatec Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 77 comments
How about gifting one of the dozen ;) ?

In all seriousness - rim looks awesome but constant wacking in the face while changing rims (Don't know if it is just me. Because of changing using only one hand) kinda stops me expanding my collection. I'm waiting for the Podium pedals.

Fanatec has said in their forums you can use silicone grease pretty liberally anywhere on the quick release, i.e the threads, the tightening nut and brass spacer contact surfaces, and the rubber gasket surface itself. Helps get it much tighter when clamped down but also releases much easier. I’ve bashed my own face a couple times before following that advice myself.

Oh dear. Will they ever learn. This will cause me a headache for the delivery address I have chosen.

Perhaps those who ordered when it said the 16th are still on schedule but new orders will be pushed back to meet supply. Makes sense.

Perhaps those who ordered when it said the 16th are still on schedule but new orders will be pushed back to meet supply. Makes sense.
Yeah I asked that over on the Fanatec Blog after posting here but have not had a reply yet. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

Official confirmation from Thomas over on the blog.
Unfortunately there is a small delay of a few days. We will notify all customers shortly.
Incredibly that it takes someone badgering them on a different blog post to actually let their customers, who have handed over a lot of money, know of the delay.

Official confirmation from Thomas over on the blog.

Incredibly that it takes someone badgering them on a different blog post to actually let their customers, who have handed over a lot of money, know of the delay.
This was posted early this morning by Thomas (near the bottom):
"All components of the the Porsche wheel are in stock and ready to ship. We just wait for a new firmware which enables the new intelligent telemetry mode so that you can make full use of your display. The wheel will be shipped this week and you have it before Christmas."
https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Shipping confirmation for me as well! Hopefully it arrives before Christmas.

Also, it's not available again until February 21 2020.

I got the tracking info for mine yesterday also. Since I live about 60 miles north of the warehouse here in California it showed as delivery for Monday. I just got a text from FedEx that is is on a truck for delivery today. Saturday. FedEx must be trying to get all the Christmas deliveries delivered and stay ahead of things. Works for me.

I also received an email yesterday from Fanatec about updating the firmware of the wheel. I just barely read it so I will have to look at it a little closer and update my PS4 F1 wheelbase also.

Really looking forward to having a GT style rim for my podium.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this GT3 rim on the universal hub only? ie without the podium buttons?

I’d be keen to see some photos of how it looks with the universal hub buttons.

I know the podium buttons replicate the real car blah blah blah, but it is very “busy” & is unlikely to give me any extra functionality.

I’ve got a CSW2.5 on PS4 (Drivehub) so I’m guessing half the fancy stuff won’t work (LCD telemetry, etc)

Can anyone confirm that the 911 GT3 R wheel button module can be used to control PS4 just like the F1 Podium Racing wheel and P1 PS4 wheel?

I would imagine one of the buttons is mapped to act as a "PS" button when the base is in PS4 mode like other Fanatec wheels?

Can anyone confirm that the 911 GT3 R wheel button module can be used to control PS4 just like the F1 Podium Racing wheel and P1 PS4 wheel?

I would imagine one of the buttons is mapped to act as a "PS" button when the base is in PS4 mode like other Fanatec wheels?
Yes it can. The Podium Button Module Endurance Quick Guide can be found in the Downloads section of the Podium Button Module Endurance product page and associated 911 GT3 R product pages. The 'Button Mapping' section of this Quick Guide shows the standard inputs on different platforms.

NqtUyKH.png

https://fanatec.com/media/pdf/3f/95...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

The only official confirmation so far that we have (at least from what I've seen) is that they are working on compatibility with CSW Base v2.5 in Display Legacy Mode.

The only official confirmation so far that we have (at least from what I've seen) is that they are working on compatibility with CSW Base v2.5 in Display Legacy Mode.
Ugh. I’m saving for a new wheel and was hoping that this would e compatible.

The Button Mapping has changed.
I have the Wheel + Button Module on a DD1 Base, and i can asure you that the Quick Guide Mappings have changed. The sheet i got with the Button Module shows other mappings then the download version from the Beta-Drivers forum (which is correct).

I got my stuff delivered last week and am absolutley thirlled of the Hardware itself.
Learning that you HAVE to flash everything at least once to make the Button Module work on a PS4 is a big shame though.
The longer i was reading through the Forums from Fanatec, the more i learned how bumpy the start for this product was.

i would highly reccomend everyone considering to buy this product, to read through the forum threads there.
It might change your mind...

And to be honest, it is quite concerning how long Fanatec takes to release a new, "Everything-is-working"-Firmware.
Especially if you take into account how long those products are availabe.
You have to get better at this Fanatec, your Products demand it!

If anyone has questions, please ask.

The rim itself is just a rim, the compatibility issues come from the Podium Hub and Button Module.

If you want to use another Rim with the Button Module, that should be possible.

Try the Forum on the Fanatec Website.

I tried a Momo Monte Carlo 350mm and it does't quite fit. With a 10mm spacer it would be fine with the button box though.

Of course it will work fine without the button box.

Back