Fanatec PS5

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am just about to order my new wheel and pedals but cannot get a reply out of Fanatec as obviously really busy. Does anyone know if there wheels and pedals are PS5 compatible.

Thanks,

Rocketman84

Hi all,

I am just about to order my new wheel and pedals but cannot get a reply out of Fanatec as obviously really busy. Does anyone know if there wheels and pedals are PS5 compatible.

Thanks,

Rocketman84
I was going to get a wheel from Fanatec but before I buy, I emailed them a week ago and yesterday I got an email from the and the said this. There is currently no information from Sony Computer Entertainment whether the official PS4 products will be compatible to the upcoming PS5. Therefore, we cannot guarantee any compatibility to the PS5 console or PS5 games at this point.

I was going to get a wheel from Fanatec but before I buy, I emailed them a week ago and yesterday I got an email from the and the said this. There is currently no information from Sony Computer Entertainment whether the official PS4 products will be compatible to the upcoming PS5. Therefore, we cannot guarantee any compatibility to the PS5 console or PS5 games at this point.

Fanatec should setup a compatibility guarantee with Sony. If you buy a Fanatec product (let's say less than 6 months before a new console release date?) and it turns out to not be compatible with the next-gen console you can return it for a full refund (just pay shipping costs).

This could potentially a few things: 1) get more transparency between Sony and it's trusted vendors 2) increase sales 3) put peripheral support in the spotlight instead of an after-thought; make it part of the selling point to buy said console right away. It's not like Fanatec/Thrustmaster are new to the Playstation/gaming industry. There isn't a single reason why this shouldn't be happening, except that Sony has the wrong upper management to greenlight something like this. Even Sony will still make more licensing revenue from moves like this. Can someone think of a downside outside of the return hassle for vendors like Fanatec/TM (who knows maybe they'll like the product enough to keep it for their PC)?

Jerome

Fanatec should setup a compatibility guarantee with Sony. If you buy a Fanatec product (let's say less than 6 months before a new console release date?) and it turns out to not be compatible with the next-gen console you can return it for a full refund (just pay shipping costs).

This could potentially a few things: 1) get more transparency between Sony and it's trusted vendors 2) increase sales 3) put peripheral support in the spotlight instead of an after-thought; make it part of the selling point to buy said console right away. It's not like Fanatec/Thrustmaster are new to the Playstation/gaming industry. There isn't a single reason why this shouldn't be happening, except that Sony has the wrong upper management to greenlight something like this. Even Sony will still make more licensing revenue from moves like this. Can someone think of a downside outside of the return hassle for vendors like Fanatec/TM (who knows maybe they'll like the product enough to keep it for their PC)?

Jerome
I am going to wait Jerome until I here something from Sony, I am not going to spend $2000 on a wheel and then return it.

Chris

Back