Fanatec RennSport Wheel Stand V2, reviews and pics on Page 6

• Thread starter dawei213
  • 149 comments
I've spend the past few days scouring the internet and the forum looking for a good wheel stand. I was planning to make my own but decided to see what's out in the market. It seems to boil down to Wheel Stand Pro and the Rennsport Wheel Stand. I've looked at both pros/cons of each stand and the general consensus is that both are great stands. Now I know that V2 of the RWS is coming now and I've seen one image with how the center column knob has been replaced by a clamping mechanism. Also included in the $130 price is the shifter plate and brake stopper accessories. However, I cannot find any more information on what the new enhancements are going to be except is has "better adjustability of vertical post and more features included." What is this better adjustability? And is the more features just the shifter plate and brake stopper?

Anyone know? Right now I'm leaning towards the RWS V2 because mostly of the price. $130 for all that is really hard to beat.

------ EDIT ------
Instead of starting a new thread with reviews, several members have already reviews in the thread. Just go to page 6 of this thread to read it. Enjoy!
REVIEWS HERE: Page 6 starting with post 106

Last edited:
Not 100% sure but I think you can now angle the centre column. I'd go Rennsport, haven't tried either but from video reviews the V1 is noticeably more stable than a wheelstand pro.

You should check out Sonacs videos on YouTube, he has a GT3/GT2 hooked up to a V1 Rennsport.

Just wanted to say I love my WSP but it was all I was aware of. With the price of the Rennsport being about $100 cheaper I would go for the Rennsport probably.

Just wanted to say I love my WSP but it was all I was aware of. With the price of the Rennsport being about $100 cheaper I would go for the Rennsport probably.

$100 cheaper?!! That's crazy, in the UK a wheelstand is £100 and a Rennsport works out about £110.

Well, i wouldn't say $100 cheaper. For the WSP, with shipping and for the version with the G25/G27 shifter plate, it's comes to around $195 for me. For the RWS V2, with shipping, it comes to be around $148. So $47 is still a great deal cheaper.

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything to think about if you live in the US then, both great products, save yourself some dollar and go Rennsport.

Yeah, I just placed the order.

"Your order has been successfully processed! Your products will arrive at their destination within 2-5 working days."

Pretty sure it won't be coming until near the end of Jan from what I've read in other threads. I can wait.

Yeah sorry, I should note that I'm in Canada so the wheelstand pro came to over $250 after shipping and exchange rate.

When I saw that the Rennsport was so nice and would have been a lot less for me I was a little bummed.

Yeah sorry, I should note that I'm in Canada so the wheelstand pro came to over $250 after shipping and exchange rate.

When I saw that the Rennsport was so nice and would have been a lot less for me I was a little bummed.

Yeah, I can imagine that feeling. But at least you're able to turn around, fire up GT5 and go and play! I have to wait for both my wheel and stand to come in now.

Please post a quick review showcasing the new features when you get the V2 RWS. I'm still on the fence whether to cancel my order for the RWS and go with a oButto.

Yeah, I just placed the order.

"Your order has been successfully processed! Your products will arrive at their destination within 2-5 working days."

Pretty sure it won't be coming until near the end of Jan from what I've read in other threads. I can wait.

That sounds promising though! I ordered mine in November, had an update before Christmas that they should ship 3rd week of Jan, not long now ... Better still my gt2 and csp's are about to leave Germany for the UK! Anyone know if UPS deliver on Saturday?!

I've had a RWS for 1.5 years now. I love the thing and it won't be frowned upon by the wife or GF because it looks sharp and folds away. Another thing about the RWS is that it's so solid and all metal and when the rumble motors vibrate in the Fanatec wheels you can even feel the vibration in the clubsport pedals. The whole stand will vibrate and give the sensation of movement. Combine this with a buttkicker and you have a great immersive experience.

I've had a RWS for 1.5 years now. I love the thing and it won't be frowned upon by the wife or GF because it looks sharp and folds away. Another thing about the RWS is that it's so solid and all metal and when the rumble motors vibrate in the Fanatec wheels you can even feel the vibration in the clubsport pedals. The whole stand will vibrate and give the sensation of movement. Combine this with a buttkicker and you have a great immersive experience.

Wait, you put the buttkicker on the wheelstand!? :P

After doing research I decided to order the RennSport Wheel Stand! I can't wait for it to arrive. I'm not sure why the v2 doesn't have more detailed photos/videos.

After doing research I decided to order the RennSport Wheel Stand! I can't wait for it to arrive. I'm not sure why the v2 doesn't have more detailed photos/videos.

Yeah, me neither. You would think adding more details and with the low price would definitely drive more business to them.

The rennsport was awfully expensive to ship to canada as well. Fanatec only used UPS which has exorbitant brokerage fees.

We actually use UPS in the USA and USPS to Canada just because to avoid those expensive broker charges

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!

I was fretting over the delivery of my CSP and GT2 because I HATE UPS.

On average it takes me an extra 3 or 4 days and 50 bucks to get something through them.

We actually use UPS in the USA and USPS to Canada just because to avoid those expensive broker charges

Why aren't there any detailed photos of the RennSport Wheel Stand version 2? Can you please post some up? Well, it's too late now for me since I already ordered but it would be nice for future buyers wouldn't you think? :)

Fanatec sent my stuff ups cost me $60 at the door for the wheelstand and another $60 for the Turbo S. Can't remember if I got whacked again on the Clubsports though...

When I get mine I will try to post a video of it because there's nothing about the version 2. I still don't understand why Fanatec would not market it better.

Latest Posts

Back