Fanatec response to Moza, Logitech and Thrustmaster.

• Thread starter Turbunio
  • 7 comments

Fanatec will release a NEW wheelbase in Q4 this year?

• YES

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • NO WAY

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • NO RELEASE, BUT YES ANNOUNCE OF NEW WHEELBASE

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
United States
Boston, MA
Turbuni0
Fanatec last big announcement came out a day before BlackFriday 2021… they introduced to the market the first budget direct drive compatible with major platforms.

Everything after this has been a catch up game for their competitors.

Now that the field is beginning to level up with amazing products like the Moza R9, Logitech G Pro and the expected Thrustmaster DD, should we expect some reaction from Fanatec this year for the 4th quarter?

What do you think?

Clubsport DD is about to get a release and i believe it will be the first product that will go on sale with QR1 / QR2 option.
My guesses:

1)_13nm Peak Torque (it may be 15nm but i think they will want to have better "distance" from Podium
2)_some kind of display for sure (like Podium) and maybe some rev led stripe
3)_smaller than Podium but longer than csl dd/ dd pro
4)_passive cooling
5)_about the same axle system design as the csl dd/ dd pro but aluminum as the Podium
6)_it will be also a "piece of art" over all design wise (just like the csw)
7)_Playstation version also
8)_Price: 800-850$/euros for the plain version and 900-950$/euros the PS version

These are all my speculations. I have no info from Fanatec :D:D:D (just to be clear in case the specs will be the same)

1)_13nm Peak Torque (it may be 15nm but i think they will want to have better "distance" from Podium
It is not excluded that there will be two versions, one with a small power supply and 10Nm of torque and a 15Nm variant with a Boost Kit.
2)_some kind of display for sure (like Podium) and maybe some rev led stripe
I'd rather not have a display, it makes the product unnecessarily complicated and at the same time not particularly useful.
I prefer no led stripe also. Most steering wheels have Rev LEDs and it is unnecessary to duplicate them. I've also seen a lot of people asking how to turn off the diodes on their CSL Elite base and when they find out they can't, they stick black tape on top which isn't very elegant.

I have no inside information and this is speculation on my part.:)

I think a CSW DD somewhere in the 13nm range is coming within 6 months. I’m hoping a podium set of pedals will be here sooner

This logitech true force sounds really special, will fanatec come out with their own version in the upcoming csw dd?
If they don't, it will be very difficult to appeal to the GT7 crowd, given the weak FFB the GT DD Pro gets from the game.

Back