Fanatec Reveals CSL Pedals, Starting at $80

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 42 comments
Does anyone know if the CSL Elite brake and throttle pedals would work with the new CSL LC pedal? Also would CSL Elite rubbers work on the new CSL LC pedal?

I have the original CSl Elite Pedals and added the load cell kit. My new configuration is:

Gas: (original CSL elite brake pedal)
Brake: (new load cell pedal)
Clutch: (original CSL elite accelerator pedal)

Two years ago I added the Load Cell kit, which re-purposes your brake pedal to a clutch pedal, which was a huge upgrade to the foam brake. But I was racing auto at the time and decided to put the re-purposed clutch pedal in storage. Well, I decided to add the re-purposed clutch to my rig this week and noticed that the spring was stiffer than the accelerator spring pedal ... I decided to switch pedals per above and the stiffer spring works MUCH better for throttle control, especially for reducing "hammering" the accelerator and spinning tires.

I had been on the fence for upgrading to the V3 because of throttle control issues, but I think the new setup will keep me happy for now. I didn't have to reprogram anything ... just switched the inputs around and everything worked OK.

I had been on the fence for upgrading to the V3 because of throttle control issues, but I think the new setup will keep me happy for now. I didn't have to reprogram anything ... just switched the inputs around and everything worked OK.
I have the V3s (inverted and modded), they're very nice.

You can get similar performance out of the CSL/Elite sets though, loadcells in those are already pretty decent and I'm sure somebody could do a hack-job to get dampeners installed too if they really wanted to.

I have the V3s (inverted and modded), they're very nice.

You can get similar performance out of the CSL/Elite sets though, loadcells in those are already pretty decent and I'm sure somebody could do a hack-job to get dampeners installed too if they really wanted to.
The inverted pedals do look nice. I will probably go with those if I upgrade since it has a damper included. So that makes the inverted upgrade about $120 over the standard V3 with damper, which seems like a good deal for an upgrade like that. Regardless of either V3 setup, I need to make sure the layout will fit my rig ... per the manual it looks like it there is a good variety of custom options for the pedals plates and extensions ... is there any horizontal adjustment of the pedal itself? As an example, could you move the entire brake pedal 40 mm to the right?

I'm also curious if GT7 has support for the brake rumble feature.

Also, is the damper a big upgrade over the load cell? I've been messing with the rubber stiffeners on the LC and I've found a decent setup. But does the damper feel more like an actual brake in real life?

Sorry for bombarding with questions.

is there any horizontal adjustment of the pedal itself? As an example, could you move the entire brake pedal 40 mm to the right?
Annoyingly no, well not out of the box.

You can open everything up (though the screws are in super tight) and remove the spacers between each pedal but you’ll need to measure and make your own if you want to move them horizontally, which is exactly what I did.

Any tube with 16mm inner diameter and around 20mm outer diameter will do; I’ve done that with plastic but might try brass in the future.

10CE9372-00A5-4380-84A2-6319CEC75F77.jpeg

Also, is the damper a big upgrade over the load cell? I've been messing with the rubber stiffeners on the LC and I've found a decent setup. But does the damper feel more like an actual brake in real life?

I took it off the brake as I felt the Loadcell was good enough for the way I play. Instead I put it on the throttle at the lowest setting. It gives the throttle just enough resistance that you can hold it at any percentage.

Last edited:
I’ve been looking at jumping into the load cell game and discovered this thread. I have a couple of questions for anyone who knows:

Are the V3 pedals the same as the Clubsport pedals?

Also, does the inverted brake pedal allow you to still rest your heel on the base, or do you have to keep your foot hovering over it to be effective?

Annoyingly no, well not out of the box.

You can open everything up (though the screws are in super tight) and remove the spacers between each pedal but you’ll need to measure and make your own if you want to move them horizontally, which is exactly what I did.

Any tube with 16mm inner diameter and around 20mm outer diameter will do; I’ve done that with plastic but might try brass in the future.

I took it off the brake as I felt the Loadcell was good enough for the way I play. Instead I put it on the throttle at the lowest setting. It gives the throttle just enough resistance that you can hold it at any percentage.
Thank you very much for the detailed reply! And the detailed instructions for the mod! The pic was a nice touch. Looks like you added some custom pedal plates as well which give more flexibility. Did they mount direct to the included extensions?

I have an OpenWheeler cockpit with the center pole for the wheel base, which is a little annoying, but the seat is very comfortable for the price range. I just got the Clubsport Shifter this weekend and finally have it setup ... I think I may need to at least consider alternate seats or add some foam to protect my knees. Foam is probably the cheaper option to explore first .:)

Back