Fanatec Reveals Direct Drive ClubSport DD and DD+ Wheel Bases: Available to Pre-Order Now

• Thread starter Famine
  • 472 comments
Anyone use both the Clubsport DD/+ and Simucube care to provide their opinion comparison's FFB feeling?

Already know build quality, level of software customization, and customer service are all far better with Simucube, I just want to hear the functionality that matters as a deciding factor to me that every single “comparison” review seems to avoid discussing in the FFB.

What is the nuanced difference between both wheelbases besides “Simucube better and smoother but not by much”?

So today I sold my CSL ELITE base and planning to upgrade to the DD+, but am torn between the GT extreme set and the clubsport rs wheel.

I like the GT wheel and don’t really mind the QR2 Lite, but seeing the rim’s flex in boostedmedia video put me off, plus afraid of that vegan leather durability - although I have vegan leather on my car seats and no problems there.

Then for the club sport rs wheel, need to pay 100 extra and not sure about those lights.

I play GT, ACC, dirt rally 2.0 and ea wrc. Any thoughts and suggestions welcome!

Also any news regarding coal whine, drivers or full force so far?

I have a Clubsport RS wheel. Just a DD Pro, though. I really like it. It's awesome for road cars. Nice quality, good buttons etc. Worth the money.

I have a Clubsport RS wheel. Just a DD Pro, though. I really like it. It's awesome for road cars. Nice quality, good buttons etc. Worth the money.
I can only hope that it's good for any kind of racing, right - only thing I don't really play is F1 racing..

I can only hope that it's good for any kind of racing, right - only thing I don't really play is F1 racing..
I’d go yoke if only doing f1, lmp, gr1/2. Careful though, im 6’2” and https://fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-f1-esports-v2 at 270mm is a bit small and wears on the hands. The 300mm extreme which comes with is good but the diameter of the wheel is less than my 330mm, which again with the hands. Still a good wheel and probably enough/appropriate size wise for most cars.

It'll be just fine. It's heavy. Hopefully your rig is fairly stiff. It prefers that.
Unfortunately not.. I am on a wheelstand pro. Thinking that the DD+ is too much already, but am confident it will work. Now that you mention it this way I am having second thoughts about the wheel.

Not a single problem with my CSL Elite - however if in the end it doesn’t work I might have to reinforce it or buy a new one. However I think that companies setting the specs for the stands and what they can handle are over cautious ‘just in case’. Could be wrong…

I’d go yoke if only doing f1, lmp, gr1/2. Careful though, im 6’2” and https://fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-f1-esports-v2 at 270mm is a bit small and wears on the hands. The 300mm extreme which comes with is good but the diameter of the wheel is less than my 330mm, which again with the hands. Still a good wheel and probably enough/appropriate size wise for most cars.
Maybe you missed that F1 is the only thing I am NOT playing.

Also I am 5’7” so, no problem with smaller wheels either but I get what you mean from your end. :/

Maybe you missed that F1 is the only thing I am NOT playing.

Also I am 5’7” so, no problem with smaller wheels either but I get what you mean from your end. :/
Oh wow…derp

I should probably try to not comment until the 2nd or 3rd coffee 🙄

Its cool with the yoke, i wanted an authentic size, and got it. Things aren’t so bad. Definitely some weird calluses forming 😂

Unfortunately not.. I am on a wheelstand pro. Thinking that the DD+ is too much already, but am confident it will work. Now that you mention it this way I am having second thoughts about the wheel.

Not a single problem with my CSL Elite - however if in the end it doesn’t work I might have to reinforce it or buy a new one. However I think that companies setting the specs for the stands and what they can handle are over cautious ‘just in case’. Could be wrong…
I've got a playseat challenge and it works but it is most certainly too much to get the most of my setup from a folding rig. My upgrade was just delivered today, though. 😁

That's not going to work well with the DD+. I have a TrakRacer TR8 Pro after I downsized from a full aluminum profile rig, and the DD+ at times shakes the whole thing. Also keep in mind the wheelbase itself is about 4-5 times heavier than the CSL DD/GT DD Pro.
Its cool with the yoke, i wanted an authentic size, and got it. Things aren’t so bad. Definitely some weird calluses forming 😂
Putting Fanatec's business troubles aside for a moment and hoping it stays in business and all that, a larger F1-style wheel has been top of my wishlist from these guys for a long time. I really like my 2.5 or whatever version I have, and I use it sometimes still, but mostly I just use my McLaren wheel because the Formula wheel is simply too dang small, especially when running a high amount of torque on the DD+. I don't know why they made it as small as it is in the first place, as 270mm is not a realistic size for an F1 car, Indy car, etc etc. I guess it didn't matter as much when Fanatec developed the Formula rim that is still like the basis for all its current Formula wheels, since it was way back when everything was belt-drive and long before DD was a mainstream thing. But even then it could get tiring. Not so much because of the torque but because your hands are so close together when driving--it can put a lot of strain on your wrists and forearms.

That's not going to work well with the DD+. I have a TrakRacer TR8 Pro after I downsized from a full aluminum profile rig, and the DD+ at times shakes the whole thing. Also keep in mind the wheelbase itself is about 4-5 times heavier than the CSL DD/GT DD Pro.

Putting Fanatec's business troubles aside for a moment and hoping it stays in business and all that, a larger F1-style wheel has been top of my wishlist from these guys for a long time. I really like my 2.5 or whatever version I have, and I use it sometimes still, but mostly I just use my McLaren wheel because the Formula wheel is simply too dang small, especially when running a high amount of torque on the DD+. I don't know why they made it as small as it is in the first place, as 270mm is not a realistic size for an F1 car, Indy car, etc etc. I guess it didn't matter as much when Fanatec developed the Formula rim that is still like the basis for all its current Formula wheels, since it was way back when everything was belt-drive and long before DD was a mainstream thing. But even then it could get tiring. Not so much because of the torque but because your hands are so close together when driving--it can put a lot of strain on your wrists and forearms.
I have a CSL DD and I would love to have a F1 style rim that is backlit. I would say that about 75% of the time I'm playing in a darkened room and I would like to be able to see my buttons.

Yeah. I wanted Fanatec to do a wheel with a screen, but now that I only play mostly in VR, those things matter a lot less LOL. But would still be cool to have.
There is definitely a division occurring. While I appreciate a good readout when looking at wheels my first question is can i find the important stuff blind.

Great video, I started with his settings for GT7 and tuned to my liking as soon as I got my DD+ and can’t recommend enough as well as the hard work put into the fanalabs profiles by Maurice for PC AC & ACC. I absolutely love it

There is definitely a division occurring. While I appreciate a good readout when looking at wheels my first question is can i find the important stuff blind.
Regardless if I can see it in VR, Fanatec should still be coming with new wheels featuring a screen and revamped sizes.

Waiting on arrival of a DD+. Reading thru the Driver thread on Fanatec forum, trying to determine what is a usable FW install for PS5 GT7 - reports are mixed.

Is it:

1) FW from driver pkg 455: ClubSport DD(+) Base: 2.0.1.4 / WQR: 1.0.0.3

2) FW from driver pkg 456: ClubSport DD(+) Base: 2.0.2.6 / WQR: 1.0.0.7

3) FW ClubSport DD(+) Base: 2.0.1.4 with WQR: 1.0.0.7

4) none of the above wait for 457

and for the wheels:

Can I stick w

Podium HUB: 6 & Podium BME: 22

CS SW Formula V2(X), V2.5(X): 46

Or do either need upgrades to work?

TIA for any experiences/advice

Recvd base (4 days from order) and proceeded w option 3 (Base: 2.0.1.4 with WQR: 1.0.0.7). Install went fine, no issues. Set PBME to 24 and CS Formula V2 to 47. Tested on GT7/PS5 for 2.5 hrs so far, no disconnects. F1 23 works fine w existing setup. Driver shows all buttons and displays working w both.

CSP V3 inverted, SQ 1.5 & HB 1.5 work fine, both H pattern and Sequential shifting

Used settings from DD Pro and started w FFB about 60% which was around 8+ NM. Feels a bit “richer” like adding a subwoofer to the stereo is the quick takeaway

Issuses:

• Square button on PBME sends X. Works correctly on other wheels
  • BRF setting in tuning menu no longer activates rev lights to see adjustment visually
  • Upper paddles on APM on PBME used to work turn signals in GT7, no longer (fine on Formula V2 w APM).
Also tested a 918 RSR wheel that I’d converted to qr2 using SRM adapter. No Rev lights. Everthing else good I realize this is old wheel but if they come thru w QR1 base side then this will affect some users

UPDATE:
So BME has issue w both buttons 8 & 9, not just 9, on PS5. 8 should be X and 9 Square. But both buttons are sending X first and then Square. You can see this in GT7 car tuning by making an adjustment to power or something and a press will activate the adjustment and then 2nd press will close then activate the hint. Normally X will activate and close. Square will bring up the hint box

Either button does same thing

Last edited:
I also ordered a DD+ and Clubsport RS Wheel - hopefully gets shipped immediately after 30th of April when the QR2 is available again. Hopefully I don't get any coil whines or defective units and also by the time it arrives I hope 457 driver is out.

Great video, I started with his settings for GT7 and tuned to my liking as soon as I got my DD+ and can’t recommend enough as well as the hard work put into the fanalabs profiles by Maurice for PC AC & ACC. I absolutely love it

Well I have to disagree with his basic premise, which is turn the in-game torque all the way up and lower on the base. The basic signals from in game are being increased but the fine sharp peaky details are being compressed or clipped as the torque setting is dialed up. The base FF signal may feel the same strengh but with less difference between max and min feedback signals

The DD+ has the higher torque rating so has more range to work with, as well as claimed faster response/slew rate. Better to send the full range of output from the game and set the base for the desired signal strength. The finer detail can still come through.

For starting w the DD+ I took my DD Pro settings (basically what @Abarth_71 came up with) and then set the DD+ to 8NM, about 60%. Mostly a similar experience but I could already feel a somewhat richer range of output. My in game was 4 torque, 7 Sensitivity.

Then I lowered game to 3 and upped the base to 75% - this felt better to me. Also tried 2 and 95% - similar but slightl different - not enough mileage yet to say

UPDATE - did another 100 mi or so and 3 is the better setting. 2 is falling off too much. 75% is about right for me ATM, but room to go higher. So far i’m noticing more detail in the more subtle effects: weight transfer, suspension movement, onset of understeer, oversteer, surface texture all had a bit more happening. No other issues so far (coil whine, disconnects) So DD+ is a nice step up but maybe not life changing over the DD Pro. Will have to wait for fullforce to be supported to really say

Last edited:
Back