Fanatec Wheel - PS4 mode?PS4 

• Thread starter WadeOhh
  • 32 comments
Australia
Sydney
WadeOhh
Hi all,

Just curious to know, how do you get the Fanatec wheels to work on the PS4? I plugged my Fanatec CSR in tonight in preparation for pCars on Thursday to check if it was working and I couldn't get the console to recognise the wheel. I tried PC mode and PS3 mode on the wheel and I couldn't navigate the PS4 menu with the wheel.

Just wondering whether I am doing something wrong, or whether support for these wheels will come with the release of pCars (this is the first game I'm going to be trying my wheel on on my PS4).

Appreciate any responses :)

Hi,

Fanatec wheels wont be supported in the PS4 menus or all games, the drivers will just work while playing Project Cars. For PS4 menus or ingame share functions you have to use a DS4 in addition to your wheel.

hope this helps :)

Fanatec wheels wont be supported in the PS4 menus or all games, the drivers will just work while playing Project Cars. For PS4 menus or ingame share functions you have to use a DS4 in addition to your wheel.

hope this helps :)

Ahhhh. Ok. Thanks for your reply. This helps :) So the Fanatec wheels will DEFINITELY work from day 1 in pCars (I've taken a day off work on pCars release day and I'd hate to waste it on not being able to use a wheel). When I tried it tonight and it didn't work, I panicked that wheel support might not be on PS4 from day one and support for wheels might come later.

Also, do you have any idea what mode the Fanatec wheels need to be in in order to work on PS4 (PC or PS3 mode)?

Seems like I can keep my G27 pedals with a Fanatec wheel? Interesting. Wonder if anyone would buy just my G27 wheel and shfiter. If I can keep my pedals and just get the CSR wheel and shifter I'd be set.

If I can keep my pedals and just get the CSR wheel and shifter I'd be set.

I wanted to do the reverse! Haha. I wanted to have the G27 wheel and shifter and use my CSR Elite Pedals, but no dice on the PS4 :( So I had to dive in and grab a CSR wheel. I really like the G27 wheel and shifter, but so far, the CSR wheel seems pretty good.

I'd really recommend upgrading your G27 pedals to the Fanatec pedals (well, any pedals with a load cell brake). You'll never go back. I tried the G27 pedals a few weeks ago and they felt so weird. I could barely use them.

If you use the DS4 to navigate menus and whatnot on PS4, does that also mean you can assign in race buttons to the DS4? The CSR wheel doesn't have a GREAT deal of buttons so it'd be nice to be able to set the DS4 to the side and assign not so frequently used buttons to it.

Any vids showing PS4 and GT2? As a GT2 owner I'm interested. I saw Alan's Vid but no GT2 image in Game options.

I'm pretty sure we won't be able to see the profile in options on ps4 yet,from what i understand,functionality for the fanatecs will be added in the day 1 patch,i have a 911 turbo s and i nearly fell over when it was announced it would work haha.

I wanted to do the reverse! Haha. I wanted to have the G27 wheel and shifter and use my CSR Elite Pedals, but no dice on the PS4 :( So I had to dive in and grab a CSR wheel. I really like the G27 wheel and shifter, but so far, the CSR wheel seems pretty good.

I'd really recommend upgrading your G27 pedals to the Fanatec pedals (well, any pedals with a load cell brake). You'll never go back. I tried the G27 pedals a few weeks ago and they felt so weird. I could barely use them.

Do the CSR pedals come with a load cell brake? The Forza CSR with the pedals is bundled on their website right now for $250. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than building a PC (since I already have a PS4)

I'm pretty sure we won't be able to see the profile in options on ps4 yet,from what i understand,functionality for the fanatecs will be added in the day 1 patch,i have a 911 turbo s and i nearly fell over when it was announced it would work haha.
Ok thanks mate. I'm hoping its works first time but these things have a knack for going tits up.

Do the CSR pedals come with a load cell brake? The Forza CSR with the pedals is bundled on their website right now for $250. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than building a PC (since I already have a PS4)
CSR's don't have a load cell, but CSR elite's do.

There are already some complains about fanatec wheels and project cars on PS4.

I asked fanatec about configuration and their answer was this:
this is how our wheels are working in project CARS:
“To use any Fanatec wheel you just need to connect it at or before the "Press X to Start" screen, then press the button which maps to X (PS3 mapping) on the wheel, it will then be automatically recognised and selected. I'm not sure if any specific firmware version is required as I believe it does just operate in PC mode.”

The problem is that a friend of mine and more 3 persons on fanatec forum cannot start the game, the wheel stays with a "n" on the digital panel and the car don't move (I know it is Neutral) because they cannot change gear.

Has anyone with a earlier copy that could play on PS4 using a fanatec wheel?

His wheel (I also have a CSR but not the game yet), it's nice the gear indicator on PS4:

IMG_20150506_133326.jpg

The fanatec CSR wheel have some issue with the game, the clutch is not detected is calibration, the shift issue is resolved but the acceleration of the car is strange, it keep accelerating but the speed is not proportional to the acceleration. I saw a twitch stream of this wheel working and it a mess, and I have one also.
Let's wait for another patch or firmware update, if they say the wheel is not support after all, I'm going to be very upset.

CSW V2 is working fine, I saw one on twitch working 100%.

I also had the issue with CSR wheel + pedals. The issue looks like it is with the clutch pedal; if you unassign the clutch or assign it to a face button the wheel works fine. Obviously not ideal if you wanted to race with a pedal clutch, but at least it is driveable.

Jeez! This sounds like a mess for the poor CSR users. And you know what, I shouldn't be surprised. For me, if there is a day one glitch in ANY game and it affects a minor user base, 9 times out of 10 I'm in that user base. Haha.

I'm picking the game up in about 4 hours so I'd like to know as much as I can before I grab it. So, the clutch problem I'm not too worried about (I can live without the clutch for a while I guess). A lot of the cars don't use a clutch in real life anyway. But this issue worried me a bit...

...the acceleration of the car is strange, it keep accelerating but the speed is not proportional to the acceleration. I saw a twitch stream of this wheel working and it a mess...

So, this issue sounds more like an actual handicap if the cars accelerate weird and wrong. Can anyone else confirm this bug or can someone maybe give a bit more of a detailed explanation of what is happening?

Also, in the options, where it has a profile for the wheel and a picture, is the CSR wheel appearing here (this would be good to know to see if the wheel is properly supported but just has a few little bugs, or whether they've forgotten about the poor CSR users all together).

So, this issue sounds more like an actual handicap if the cars accelerate weird and wrong. Can anyone else confirm this bug or can someone maybe give a bit more of a detailed explanation of what is happening?

I honestly didn't notice anything wrong with acceleration. Although I'll add the disclaimer that I'm more of a causal racer and only did about half a dozen laps before work this morning.

Also, in the options, where it has a profile for the wheel and a picture, is the CSR wheel appearing here (this would be good to know to see if the wheel is properly supported but just has a few little bugs, or whether they've forgotten about the poor CSR users all together).

The picture of the CSR wheel appears.

I honestly didn't notice anything wrong with acceleration.

Ahh, Ok. Well, thats a good sign I guess. Hopefully its just a bit of an incorrect analysis from the above people about the acceleration being whacky. Anyone else with any feedback about this issue?

The picture of the CSR wheel appears.

Oh good! Thats a good sign. If it didn't, I was thinking it would be a much bigger job to get it into the game. At least if its in the profiler, it might just need some tweaks to get it working fully (IE: get the clutch working).

So, just so I've got this straight, at, or before, the 'Press X to start screen', the wheel needs to be turned on (in PC mode) and the 'X' button needs to be pressed. Then, the wheel will be connected to the game. From there, navigation is done with the DS4. Is this right?

Sounds correct to me WadeOhh, except that navigation is done via the wheel/pedals and not the DS4. The only thing the DS4 appears to be used for is the pit engineer coming through the speaker and using the middle PS4 button. Other inputs from the DS4 did not work while the wheel was plugged in
On a related subject, in your power saving options set it to never turn off/sleep. Obviously the PS4 OS doesn't pickup the inputs of the wheel, so it thought I was idle and gave me a warning about going into sleep mode after a little while of driving.

In 1 hour I'll get to investigate this all myself :) Looking forward to finally giving it a try. When I take a break this afternoon, I'll try to report back my findings and I'll list any issues/knacks I notice.

Hi all,

Just curious to know, how do you get the Fanatec wheels to work on the PS4? I plugged my Fanatec CSR in tonight in preparation for pCars on Thursday to check if it was working and I couldn't get the console to recognise the wheel. I tried PC mode and PS3 mode on the wheel and I couldn't navigate the PS4 menu with the wheel.

Just wondering whether I am doing something wrong, or whether support for these wheels will come with the release of pCars (this is the first game I'm going to be trying my wheel on on my PS4).

Appreciate any responses :)

CRONUXMAX + Ps3 mode

Back