Fanmade GT5 Sound Previews

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 170 comments
The problem is, if you get audio that sounds too real, as demonstrated in numerous videos, it can sound out of place if the graphics do not reflect that same level of realism.

Building on that logic, the game also feels out of place right now, because of the low audio quality and the great visual quality.

Tada :sly:

The problem is, if you get audio that sounds too real, as demonstrated in numerous videos, it can sound out of place if the graphics do not reflect that same level of realism.

funny-pictures-cat-is-pushed-on-nose.jpg

There is no problem.(except in your head maybe)
Please stop with your nonsense.
99.9% of people would very much like a more realistic and a better audio experience, at least on par with general graphics level.
Your 0.1% which obviously prefers stagnation over progress can kindly shut up, please.

Can't we just come to the conclusion that people like me don't really care about how "out of place" the real life sound is? Since most of us will never be able to drive those cars anyway, it doesn't really make a difference.

Can't we just come to the conclusion that people like me don't really care about how "out of place" the real life sound is? Since most of us will never be able to drive those cars anyway, it doesn't really make a difference.

it does make a difference cause, gran turismo is made to give people like us the experience, that we can't get on a daily, like they do.

If they are willing to bring the whole experience into our living room, or where ever we decide to play gt5.

Why not have the sound? I mean without realistic sound, the game is boring.

Just my 2 cents.

it does make a difference cause, gran turismo is made to give people like us the experience, that we can't get on a daily, like they do.

If they are willing to bring the whole experience into our living room, or where ever we decide to play gt5.

Why not have the sound? I mean without realistic sound, the game is boring.

Just my 2 cents.

I mean it doesn't make a difference to people like us how "Out of place" the real life sound is in a game, is what we want to complete the experience.

completely agree, Do you remember the tt demo, I tought the sound was definitley improved even when the car is idiling the engine sounded lovely. In prologue bar a few cars they all sound like different brands of hairdryers.

only 3 videos so far? :boggled:

anyway, i made my own and it's just a quickie since i barely found any solo replay(hence the low quality)

only 3 videos so far? :boggled:

And you just now noticed? Also, I can't find anymore high quality lap videos to do more with so thats it for now, unless you know of some I can use.

New one from me:

Keep a sharp eye out for another one of these next month.

Last edited:
After a long while, here is a brand new one:

Last edited:
Amazing, you need to send to PD somehow, link all the "GT5 sounds are crap" threads so they finally understand that they need sorting!

I don't understand how PD actually recorded each vehicle's sound, yet they all of them are so muted/inaccurate/plain bad in-game.... What are they doing wrong?

In my opinion what they actually do wrong is to put the drivetrain sound much louder than the engine and exhaust sounds, it hides the entire sound inside the car and bumpers cameras...

As you can see in the chase camera, the sound of engine and exhaust only sounds are more "acceptable" in most cases, and in some are very well made!

Man good job, its awesome watching GT5 gameplays with real engine sounds, imagine if that was in the game... I think the sounds on car games are very important, and when i bought GT5 i was kinda disappointed, but in my other game, Dirt 2, are away better.

Some people have said that if they change a few settings on their surround system it completely changes the sounds on GT5 and makes the cars sounds more real .. Not sure if this is true for everybody, but some people have said it ;)

Some people have said that if they change a few settings on their surround system it completely changes the sounds on GT5 and makes the cars sounds more real .. Not sure if this is true for everybody, but some people have said it ;)

All cars have two distinct sounds (except tyres, other incidental noise like crashing etc.) - exhaust and "engine". Sadly, the latter is more whizz and whirr than the grunt and growl we'd expect (intake and combustion noise radiating from the block / through the chassis are missing). These two sounds have different emission points, too, corresponding to where the engine and the exhaust are.

In interior views, the exhaust is almost always behind you. If you've set the audio mode to "multi-speaker" (i.e. four or more) but only have a stereo setup, you're only going to hear the sounds that are in front of you in the game. That often means no exhaust, just the engine whir.
Similarly, setting it to stereo whilst using surround hardware just mixes the two together with no distinction (front-to-rear) and the whir tends to dominate the sound in many cars, what with it being wide-band noise and all.

So yeah, check your settings. And PD should include proper intake / engine notes to supplement the exhaust sounds and tone down that infernal whining.

Forgot all about this thread. Here's two new ones, one from last year and one I just completed today:

Last edited:
These are awesome! Just gives an idea as to how these cars should sound in-game. By the way RACECAR, I'd love to see videos for these:

1. Lamborghini Murciélago
2. Ferrari 458 Italia
3. Pagani Zonda R

Once again, great job 👍

Back