Fantasy cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Michael88
  • 32 comments
  • 1,609 views
Messages
5,235
Austria
Nicest part of hell
Hello guys,

just have one question, maybe its a noobish one but I couldn't find the answer via search button. (Fantasy cars....)

Ah, now to the question:

Does PD invent their own fantasy cars? (Except the F1):dunce:

I've never seen a JaugarJX220 LM race car in real life (internet, TV), same with the Altezza Touring car, the Honda S2000 LM, the FTO super touring car and so on, It seems that nearly every car with a big GT printed on it is a fantasy car. However, IF PD invents their own cars, how is that possible with the car manufacturer licenses?

I am wondering about this since GT2......
 
The Jaguar XJ220 LM does exist, just not necessarily under GT4's livary (same deal with the Ford GT LM Spec II).

(google Jaguar XJ220 LM and you'll find pictures here and there of the real deal in between all the GT4 photo mode ones)
 
Spike, you are right, but I dont think the other cars do exist.

As example I never found evidence for the exist of the super touring cars (FTO & Subaru).
 
Some of the cars are indeed 'fantasy' cars - most of the LM varieties never actually existed in that form. They are built to represent a possible type of highly developed race car, but do not represent an actual class of real racing.
 
Thank you, thats what I wanted to hear! :D:tup:

But to be honest all that ''invented'' cars look very nice, PD made a great job with them, they really look like high performance race cars.

But the lack of sponsor stickers (except the ''potenza'' stickers on the wings) and that big GT on them makes the car looking a little bit unrealistic.
 
Aw, Duke beat me to it.

Lack of sponsor stickers? What dyou call that 'big GT'?

Anyway, that's why I like GT1 and 2 better.
 
The Jaguar XJ220-C and XJ220-S were two racing-liveried versions of the road car.
 
The Alteeza Touring car I've not seen like that but a Lexus with the same look to it raced in the BTCC in England last year for sure in a sort of blue/green livery.

Shame PD didn't continue wit hthe Cerbera LM from the first GT, that was painted to the track and silly fast
 
I do miss the Cerbera LM, 'twas my 2nd favorite car in GT1. The FTO Tourring Car was still the greatest car in GT1, racing with it was practically cheating!

That reminds me, how is the FTO Super Touring Car in GT4?
 
3-Wheel Drive
I do miss the Cerbera LM, 'twas my 2nd favorite car in GT1. The FTO Tourring Car was still the greatest car in GT1, racing with it was practically cheating!

That reminds me, how is the FTO Super Touring Car in GT4?
Fast, but not as great as it once was in GT1. I find the RX-7LM and the Impreza LM to be the better cars now. The RX-7 LM feels a lot faster.
 
3-Wheel Drive
That reminds me, how is the FTO Super Touring Car in GT4?

Just got it and its....LAME. It looks great but it only has around 450hp (with oil change) and with its 4WD it doesnt turn faster than the other cars. Actually its like any touring car just a LITLE bit faster . In two words: Nothing special.

In GT2 it was awesome! Its handling was wonderful and it also looked very cool with its black look.
But I have to see a picture of it to remember.:scared:

BTW, OFF TOPIC: Wasn't there a 7-gear FTO with 600HP in GT2? It was either yellow or turquise.💡

I also miss the Cerbera, it was awesome an almost a cheater car, it wasn't the fastest at the straights but it was incrdible soft around corners and great in endurance races.:dopey:
 
In GT2 it was a yelow GTO LM race car, the FTO LMwas green or black. Personally I love the FTO LM in GT4, you just need to know how to drive it, power isn't everything, I prefer the 4-500bhp cars to racing the LMP and group C type racers.

I would love to see a few TVR race cars back in GT again too, but the Cerbera LM had the same spec and pain job as a real Cerbera GT car, but the real one wasn't called the Cerbera LM.
 
I prefer the look and feel of the FTO LM from previous GT's to the FTO SuperTourer in GT4. That said, the FTO SuperTourer is fast becoming one of my favourite cars. The fact I hold the speed record with it should be an indication of that, and it still handles well even at those speeds.

I'd ideally like to see them both in GT5.
 
MasterStorm
I'd ideally like to see them both in GT5.
I hope PD throws new cars in GT5 instead putting them out.:scared:

PD should learn that we also like the forgotten cars of GT2 in GT5, changing them like tires on a race car is just stupid.:guilty:

More cars not different cars!

Yeah, the FTO LM should be included in GT5, with the old handling and the old engine. I guess it had something around 500 hp.

Ops, that pretty much off topic. Sorry. :nervous:
 
maybe polyphony should make deals with the car manufacturers to promote business. that would rule in my opinion.
 
This is off topic in regard to GT4, but Holden in Australia latest TV add for its Rodeo Ute goes something like this.

Man and Women laying in bed sid by side, the women asks the man, "what is your Favaourite Fantasy"?
The vision moves to a Holden Rodeo Ute in a open cut mine site, and the man says " A New Holden Rodeo Ute with the Aussie V6".
So much for Fantasy cars 👍
 
For fantasy cars, I missed the Celica Rally Car (the latest celica) from GT2. It was really good looking as far as I can remember, sporting the Movistar sponsor. Too bad it got ditched, probably to make way for the RSC Rally Raid Car.

Anyway, fantasy cars in GT4 are not bad. Lots of good ones.
 
In the next game, they should just give us the Racing Modification again. That way, every car can be a fantasy car again.
 
vectradriver
In the next game, they should just give us the Racing Modification again. That way, every car can be a fantasy car again.

Everyone wants it, back in GT2 it was so incredible cool to turn my beloved GTO twin turbo into the blue and white racing car....:dopey: :guilty:
Its also the most fun to tune your first car in GT and making races collecting 100.000 Credits only to turn your car into a real racing car. Fantasy or not, that was just plain awesome.👍
 
There is the XJ220C

Enjoy:)


 

Attachments

  • 880-2.jpg
    880-2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 880-1.jpg
    880-1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 10
DLRgian
There is the XJ220C

Enjoy:)



Was it a racing pig in real life as it is in GT4. By pig, I mean was it bloated, heavy and slow and couldn't win races. No disrespect intended to the pig.:yuck:
 
SirBerra
Was it a racing pig in real life as it is in GT4. By pig, I mean was it bloated, heavy and slow and couldn't win races. No disrespect intended to the pig.:yuck:

Now its one of the fastest for its HP class, you can easily leave RX7 LM's and other JGTC cars behind you and its even faster at long straights due its great streamlined shape.
That car is also great at corners, win it and try it out.
 
Michael88
Now its one of the fastest for its HP class, you can easily leave RX7 LM's and other JGTC cars behind you and its even faster at long straights due its great streamlined shape.
That car is also great at corners, win it and try it out.

I was really trying to bait someone into saying that this Jag was a fine motor car in GT4. I'm always looking for someone to say something good about a car that I haven't had success with. I might not have the optimum setup for the vehicle.

I already have this Jag (both Road Car and Racer) in my garage and have tried to use the Race vehicle to get 200 A-spec points at Sarthe I Endurance. In brief testing, I didn't much care for it at all. I believe it felt a bit unwieldy in those Mulsanne (I'm sure I spelled it wrong) chicanes and went through tires faster than I liked. I chose to use the RX-7 LM instead and it's much easier to use to win. I guess I'll test the Jaguar further at some other courses and see if it's as good as you believe it to be.
 
SirBerra
I guess I'll test the Jaguar further at some other courses and see if it's as good as you believe it to be.

Try to lower the oversteering AID, that helps much in corners for the jaguar. :)

And the car drives MUCH better with a steering wheel.
 
SirBerra
Was it a racing pig in real life as it is in GT4. By pig, I mean was it bloated, heavy and slow and couldn't win races. No disrespect intended to the pig.:yuck:

Well it won LeMans (before being disqualified) in the hands of David Coulthard - so it wasn't too much of a pig. ;)
 
DC drove in a LeMans?...weird...could never see him being in LeMans
 
Ya its funny because before and after the race the cars get scrutineered. I feel someone else was favoured? Also was this the last time they competed?
 
Haha Unipart...sorry lol, always recognise it because that's where the mother works.

Anyways, it just goes to show how lazy pre-race checks can be sometimes if it turns out after a race that something was wrong.
 
Back