Not open for further replies.

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Fantasy Premier League 2020-21

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
Create a team, give it a name (puns involving Premier League footballers are preferred) and join both leagues.

Classic League ID: 7pdqvs

Head-to-Head League ID: o8dh85

Enjoy the season!

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you state your team name when you sign up in the thread or your team will be removed.

User Log + Team Names
@Jimlaad43 - Onomah Tyres, Bono
@Famine - Bielsabub
@redhed17 - The Chosen Ones
@Hasnain282 - Lund, Sweat & Tears
@DK - Bunch of Wengers
@adamp93 - Cancelo Culture
@Phoenix - The Forgotten Ones
@88GTA - Dollaruma
@ASH32 - Team Ash
@MUSC4EVER - HELP ME!!
@m8h3r - Giroud, sandstorm​

Last edited:
When is the deadline to pick our team?
90 mins before the first kick off of the season, still waiting on TV schedules to determine when that'll be but if I was to guess I'd say 11am UK time on 12th September

Say hello to the manager of Bunch of Wengers. :embarrassed:

The season starts this weekend. You haven't got long to sign up to the league.

I don't think I will, I'm not that bothered this season to be honest.

When's the deadline?

Thanks for the mention. Picking a team now, just need a name.

Deadline is Saturday, an hour or two before kickoff.

I picked a team a while ago. I’ll log on and join up.

As you can see I've liked multiple posts in here, that's a pretty good indication that I am going to join.

Tomorrow will be that day baring some major disaster or something. Which this season may well end up as, going to be hard to get a good team going for certain.

Edit:- Ok joined, still Team Ash because I'm still not changing it until I win.:P If that ever happens I'll use an awful pun name forevermore. :yuck:

:cheers::gtplanet:

Last edited:
I'm in, just before the deadline. I kept forgetting all week to do it so itll probably need wildcarding in a months time.

Team name is Giroud, sandstorm.

Can someone please claim "JP Milan", it's the only team of 12 I haven't been notified of.

Can someone please claim "JP Milan", it's the only team of 12 I haven't been notified of.
Sorry thats a friend of mine he surfs GTPlanet now and then but doesn't have an account. He said he understands if you remove it.

I took on AVERAGE in the H2H this week, and thankfully won 65 - 59. :) Joint 2nd place with 2 H2H wins so far. :)

Not so well in the standard league, with joint 7th. Already 36 points behind the leader. :rolleyes: :lol:

I Triple Captained Salah this week...
Sounds like the way my season has been going. :rolleyes: Saying that though, I used the Wild Card a few weeks ago, and it is paying off this week with the double games for some players. ;) I thought I had jinxed Fernandez, but double games for Utd, and triple Captain, and although still not in top form, has given me 24 points for this week. :)

Last edited:
There are mid week league games starting soon, deadline to sort fantasy teams out has passed by the looks of it. I missed it. :indiff:

Against my better judgement, I joined a mini league (starting Wk 8) at work, and I was vying for the lead until a few weeks ago.

But I think I might give up on it. One of my mates has already given up, and he has 6 players who are injured, 4 who are not in their teams first squad (including his first choice GK who hasn't played since we started the league, who is also his vice captain :lol:) and hence he only has 5 players who can possibly score any points.

And yet, he outscored me yesterday by 9 points!!. He only scored 2 points yesterday, but I scored -7. Minus 🤬 seven. You have got to be 🤬 kidding me. :ouch: OK, so I am very likely going to pick up a lot more points than him tonight, but still...

I also seem to have the 'Kiss Of Death'... Firmino has been utterly 🤬 useless, Rashford stopped playing when I signed him. Foden was on a streak so I made him my captain for the double game week. He scored 4 points. Four 🤬 points! And he has scored only 4 since then as well. What a shower of utter 🤬 🤬.

Prediction for this week: Salah to get stretchered off in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Last edited:
@Touring Mars That is this season in Fantasy Football, more bonkers and unpredictable than ever, for obvious reasons and I fully expected it, most did in fact, it's why a number of people didn't take part/have ended up giving up. :( Don't give up though just gamble like mad with some risky transfers, you've got nothing to lose.

I'm currently top of this league and I get the captain choice wrong almost every week. I was about to captain Cancelo the other week and then flipped to Jesus, so of course Pep benched him and Cancelo got a goal, an assist and a clean sheet. :irked:

Then I took a -4 point hit to swap Jesus and Smith-Rowe for Calvert-Lewin and Gundogan and captain the former and Everton lost at Home to nil to Newcastle and Man City was MIA except for the transferred out Jesus.
Oh and Bamford was stuck on my bench and scored and got two assists, meanwhile most of my defence didn't even play. :banghead:

I've actually picked Cancelo as captain this week so expect a red card or something tonight to make up for me not having Leno or Bednarek. :dopey:

I've also already used the Wildcard and Free Hit and only scored average points then too. :ill:

Even Salah scoring nothing for weeks was likely because he was my captain. Vardy also went 🤬 after I picked him (as captain a bit too) and then had to have an operation.:crazy: Tierney injury is on me too, brought him in and he got big points that week so after that he had to miss a ton of games as it's almost as if I'm not allowed to have a transfer go so well. :lol:

There's been way more stuff too, I just can't remember it all. :dunce:

My bad luck (mainly captain pick and new transfers) is usually so bad that I'm now avoiding most Man Utd players and from captaining Bruno Fernandes even when it's sensible to do so because it may jinx things, it's utterly ridiculous really. :guilty:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Last edited:
Mate, a few weeks ago I brought Soucek in, forgot to pull him off the subs bench as he then scored 2 goals and 15 points. My C and VCs Son and Salah scored 2 points each that week and nobody else missed a game that week.

It's odd but I invariably find myself staring at my team and seeing no players from the top teams. Fernandes and Foden were the only Manchester players in my team at the start, and both had such dire openings to the season they've gone and now I can't get them back. I had two transfers and forced Dias and Gundogan into my team just to make sure I had some City players there - but watch as they suddenly go on a 4-game losing streak (I wish).

The only good thing to come from the 9-0 was that so many people got goals and assists that it wasn't an absolute disaster not having any United players in my team. If, I dunno, Cavani had scored 5 of those goals then it would have been a disaster.

Lol to anyone who had Bednarek. -7 :dunce:

Last edited:
:irked:

"had" being the operative word. His contract with Athletico Turismo has been terminated with immediate effect.

Who've you replaced him with? Hope it's not Thiago Silva as I brought him in this week so that probably won't go that well, that's the plan anyway. Might captain Antonio one week too, need to ruin West Ham's season as they have been doing too well for my liking. :mischievous:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back