Farming Simulator General Discussion

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 317 comments
Granted it's obviously hard to tell until we get to play the game ourselves, but both new base maps look miles better than the base maps in FS17.

I also hope that the trains are always running like in the videos. There is a PC mod for FS17 that makes them do that and that small thing really adds some life to the map.

Kinda surprised that the PS store hasn't have it for pre-order yet.
With it being so close now.
(Nov 20th)

First look at animals

It also looks like we're getting a New Holland skidsteer.

Yup, there was even a fact sheet for it.

hCexqAng.jpg

Speaking of fact sheets, they did 8 this week with a few showcasing some of the older equipment that's in the game. Here is a link to the thread where all the sheets get released, the first post gets updated each Friday with the new additions.

https://forum.giants-software.com/viewtopic.php?f=876&t=128540

Can you use gears in this

They've said that gearboxes are included, but haven't gone into any detail on how they will work.

Yup, there was even a fact sheet for it.

View attachment 775351

Speaking of fact sheets, they did 8 this week with a few showcasing some of the older equipment that's in the game. Here is a link to the thread where all the sheets get released, the first post gets updated each Friday with the new additions.

https://forum.giants-software.com/viewtopic.php?f=876&t=128540

They've said that gearboxes are included, but haven't gone into any detail on how they will work.
Hmm interesting i wonder if the add on shifter for truck simulator would work on this

I bought FS17 on Steam because it was 'dirt' cheap ;) Now I am hooked; especially after giving myself more $ (yes I Cheated :) ) and buying more equipment. Also hooked because I bought the Logitech Heavy Equipment bundle (wheel and pedals too plasticky) and the console (for operating loaders, etc.) works great. Game is keeping me from F1 2018 and MS FSX on steam :)

I bought FS17 on Steam because it was 'dirt' cheap ;) Now I am hooked; especially after giving myself more $ (yes I Cheated :) ) and buying more equipment. Also hooked because I bought the Logitech Heavy Equipment bundle (wheel and pedals too plasticky) and the console (for operating loaders, etc.) works great. Game is keeping me from F1 2018 and MS FSX on steam :)
Whats your thoughts on the button box ? I know you can buy it separately but for 300 aus has left me in doubt.

Playstation just put FS 19 up on the store.
49.99$ Base game
89.99$ Premium edition. (Includes Season Pass)

So....we're two weeks away from release. Too early to start the hype train yet?

So....we're two weeks away from release. Too early to start the hype train yet?
Nah its going to be fun, im just thinking of hardware i can get for this game .
Im getting v8 supercar anti roll bar shifters made up .i should be able to use the levers for various farming vehicles, also going to set up a Joystick

So I have been looking at getting the Logitech Side Panel but a thought just occurred to me. Is there any reason that I couldn't use a Saitek X52 Joystick as the loader stick control?

So I have been looking at getting the Logitech Side Panel but a thought just occurred to me. Is there any reason that I couldn't use a Saitek X52 Joystick as the loader stick control?
Pretty sure you can ive seen people use sticks before, im hoping to set up the warthog stick and get that truck sim button box .

Starting next Monday there will be a stream every day up to the release date.

n5X9hjco.jpg

You can as I've seen a couple people use a joystick for that purpose. Of course even if it didn't work I would not recommend the Logitech stuff since it sounds like it has terrible build quality.

They've really started the final promotional push!

Brand trailer:

John Deere interview (subtitles are in English). If you notice, she mentions a surprise, which has already been confirmed to be the S790 harvester.

Behind the scenes look at sound recording:

And finally when exactly you can play it:
time.jpg

After watching the first couple streams I am really impressed at how it looks. The new lighting is a major upgrade as is the overall presentation. I'm not a big fan of the US map though, if the Europe one is anything like it I'm guessing it will be like FS17 where I rarely touch the base maps and only use mod maps.

Also, Big Bud will be a free mod released after the game is out.

Giants will be releasing mods starting day 1, here is the schedule for the week.

On Tuesday
Case IH 1660 Combine Harvester
Case IH 1030 Header
Deutz-Fahr AgroStar 6.61 Tractor

On Wednesday:
Hürlimann H 488 Tractor
Ursus T127 Bale Trailer

On Thursday:
Ursus Z586 Bale wrapper
Case IH 1455 XL Tractor

On Friday:
Kverneland Exacta El 700 Fertilizer Spreader
Fliegl DPW 180 Bale Trailer

Big Bud should be released in roughly 2 weeks according to Giants.

I am looking forward to having a dog and a horse too :)

The dog seems rather pointless (and takes up an animal building slot), but the horses should be cool.

I'm currently preloading it and it will release on PC in about an hour. Even though I've been watching streams of it for a week now, I'm still extremely excited to try it. :D

Back