• 317 comments

Cowboy

Lariat Member
Premium
United States
North Dakota
RacingCowboy570
RacingCowboy570
I bought FS17 back in December when it was on sale and I have been pretty hooked to it since. With the console mods regularly updated there's always something new to do. Currently I'm trying out the new Woodshire map and I must say it's pretty decent.

What adventures are you GTPlaneteers up to?

Here is a nice article going over what was confirmed over the weekend. So far it's looking very good.

• You can build your farm from the ground up. And expand on it.
  • You can remove weeds with a harrow. But only in an early growth stage.
  • Lime has been added.
  • In the mission system, you can choose whether you want to work with your own vehicles or if you want to use those of the field owner. One of these choices makes the time limit go away (not sure which).
  • There is a limit on how many animals you can put in one stable.
  • There will be hoses connecting various tools/tanks to each other, and to the vehicles. (Not sure whether the hoses are attached manually or automatically…)
  • The ground adapts to placeables.
  • Tractors are grouped into HP classes in the shop.
  • Vehicles (and tools?) will eventually show sign of wear and tear.
  • The working speed and the strength of tractors will decrease over time.
  • Two new brands were spotted during the presentation: Agro-Masz and Samson.
  • Nav meshes (the animal areas) are buyable and placeable in different sizes.
  • Giants is working on stopping the rain leaking through roughs. 90 % done.
  • Vehicle interior will have cab lighting and dashboard illumination
  • Multiplayer can be made competitive, with up to 4 teams.
  • There are different startup levels. One option is to start with everything, like vehicles, equipment, a farm and fields. Another option is to start with nothing but money. No farm, no equipment, no fields. Just money. (Not sure how many starting levels there are, though…)
  • You don’t only buy fields. You buy entire areas of the map, including forests and meadows.
  • Giants are talking to the Courseplay developers. Not for integration, but for compatibility.
  • You can now sleep through the night (skip the night)
https://www.yesmods.com/farming-simulator-19-confirmed-features/

Also in case you were wondering what else is new to the game since FS17.

- John Deere
- Cotton and Oats are new crops
- Horses that you can ride
- Companion dog

FS19 looks awesome, I can't wait for its release.

I'm a huge farm sim geek for some reason. I've never even really driven a tractor aside from the one my dad got when he redid his backyard, but they appeal to me on a major level.

If you have Steam, I recommend checking out Farmer's Dynasty. It's sort of a new twist on the genre where you can do other things than just farm. For starters you need to rebuild your grandpa's old farm by fixing it up. After you fix it up, then you can renovate it by buying stuff at a hardware store. The farming aspect is pretty good too.

I got FS17 a fair while back after watching someone play it on YouTube, I thought it looked like a nice relaxing game and had never played anything like it before. Even after watching a few of YouTubes video's of it, it still took me by surprise how much I enjoyed it.
After seeing the new features of FS19 I think I'll definitely be picking this up on release.

.....It still surprises me, after years and years of being a hard core sim racer that I'll be hyped for a farming simulator :lol:

Apparently Mahindra is in FS19 as there is one of their side by sides listed as a pre-order bonus on Steam.

I kinda hope that they expand a bit on skid-steer loader manufacturers. Would love to see Kubota or Bobcat (hometown brand :D) be added.

Here is the first developer blog and it goes a little more in-depth on how the farm building aspect works.

https://forum.giants-software.com/viewtopic.php?f=876&t=127623

I'm looking forward to building what is truly my own farm!

I kinda hope that they expand a bit on skid-steer loader manufacturers. Would love to see Kubota or Bobcat (hometown brand :D) be added.

Bobcat made it onto consoles which is a good sign since they only port mods from brands they have a license for. Guessing we will at least get a JD one.

Here is the first developer blog and it goes a little more in-depth on how the farm building aspect works.

https://forum.giants-software.com/viewtopic.php?f=876&t=127623

I'm looking forward to building what is truly my own farm!

Bobcat made it onto consoles which is a good sign since they only port mods from brands they have a license for. Guessing we will at least get a JD one.
Very nice to see that we'll be able to create our own pastures instead of dealing with default ones, which are sometimes on the other side of the map from the farm :lol:

Looks like they are pulling from Farmer's Dynasty with the ability to build your own farm. I do like that and think it'll really add a nice element to the game.

Hmmm, I wonder if we can convince Giants to give us a review copy of FS19? :lol:

I'm holding my breath until I see the new graphics and physics engine at work. The 2017 game is pretty much just an updated game from 2013, and even that was a horribly optimized engine once you started installing mods. Good thing is that they have now employed the best modders out there so I am hoping this will be the best installment yet.

The latest dev. blog goes into the revamped mission system and gives a peek at the new UI which looks much better than FS17.

https://forum.giants-software.com/viewtopic.php?f=876&t=127832

Sounds much more fun and realistic than how they worked in FS17.

Hmmm, I wonder if we can convince Giants to give us a review copy of FS19? :lol:

Didn't Pure Farming give you one? Surely Giants won't want to be one upped by some noobs! :P

Looks nice, hopefully either the EU or NA maps are nice enough for a long term game save since I’m going to try avoiding mod maps in FS19.

Still no terrain deforming? That's kind of disappointing.

Oh and I better be able to drive a train.

New trailer.

"FARM LIKE NEVER BEFORE!" *rock music playing in the back ground* Because farming is so rock 'n' roll. :lol:

This is the geekiest game I've ever heard of, but somehow it's still strangely appealing. Might see if there's a demo on the PS Store...

Still no terrain deforming? That's kind of disappointing.

Unfortunatly that was confirmed awhile back on the official forums. Supposedly there is a possibility it could come post-launch but I wouldn’t count on it.

Oh and I better be able to drive a train.

I just hope there is actually a purpose to them. I don’t think I used the train in FS17 more than a handful of times.

Double post, but here is a good size gameplay video featuring what appears to be someone from Giants. It's not in English but there are still some interesting things like a view of the new menu's, the European map and what the 3D shop looks like. It also appears we can sell land on top of buying it.

Double post, but here is a good size gameplay video featuring what appears to be someone from Giants. It's not in English but there are still some interesting things like a view of the new menu's, the European map and what the 3D shop looks like. It also appears we can sell land on top of buying it.

Am I the only one who is happy that the grass is taller this time around?

Supposedly starting this week they will be releasing fact sheets for equipment in the game which has some basic info along with a screenshot or two.

Am I the only one who is happy that the grass is taller this time around?

Nope, I found it a tad annoying that the grass didn't look much different after cutting it in FS17.

One thing I really hope to see in FS19 is some proper wheel support. I've started to play FS17 with my DFGT and the lack of force feedback really takes away from the experience.

The first fact sheets are out

bXHQnZdD.jpg

fsQyztRT.jpg

NjeBsXdA.jpg

VTqhSBU7.jpg

Attachments

• bXHQnZdD.jpg
    bXHQnZdD.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 10
Along with the fact sheet they've also updated the game page to include the manufacturer list. Seems they usually include a few additional pieces of equipment on top of the fact sheet.

I never bothered touching the slurry spreaders in FS17. It seems like so much work when you could instead use a solid fertilizer spreader/sprayer.

It's more work, but it's cheaper since it comes from either manure or silage.

Like you though I usually just do solid or liquid fertilizer. With FS19 simulating soil health to some extent there may be more incentive to use it.

Can't wait for this game ,i want to use duel virpils flight sticks for controls with my wheel.
Im also waiting for someone to do a plugin for motion for simulatiors

Back