Farming Simulator General Discussion

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 317 comments
Pre-ordered the game today for $40 (saved $10 from a gift card earned through Microsoft rewards) and cannot wait to get my hands on it. :D

I haven't done much apart from getting some settings sorted out and exploring a little, but I can already tell this game is going to be worth every penny, especially once some decent mod maps come out and Giants adds the ground customization stuff. I can't wait until Wednesday night to really get into it.

Also, they've added a much needed search function to the mod hub, not that there is anything to search for right this second. :lol:

After exploring both maps I think Felsbrunn will be my serious map until a mod map I like comes out.

Also, two gripes so far;
1) Placables are ridiculously expensive if you go outside of the intended area.
2) Contracts don't pay much, so they will really only be good for some extra cash if you're bored.

Other than that I have only positive things to say after a couple hours with the game.

Ended up buying it! Add me on steam chaps, and we shall start a farm up. https://steamcommunity.com/id/Kitten__/

I'm probably going to be playing pretty much all weekend so If you're interested I'll set up a server.

*has no clue about how farming goes*
*might as-well blow up the farm*

If you need any help let me know, there's alot to take in but the learning curve isn't as steep as it may seem.

I played FS19 for a good couple hours last night. What a fantastic title, quite impressed. Multiplayer will sure be fun!

I'm probably going to be playing pretty much all weekend so If you're interested I'll set up a server.

Oh Yes! I am for sure interested!

Tips on setting up controls are much needed! I have a Fanatec CSWV2 and Saitek X52 Flight Stick. All a bit overwhelming at the moment!

And they still haven't properly set the speed of traffic... It's been like this since FS2011... They could've at least fix that.

Honestly, I think this is just FS2017 in a new graphic jacket. Which is good, because I think with the new graphics engine the modding community can come out with some fantastic stuff!

My initial thoughts on this game are pretty much all positive, however the fps on my Xbox seems to drop often. Other than that I'm really enjoying it :D

I got to play for a few hours yesterday, the graphics are much better than FS17. I wish that Giants would make a more midwestern style map, but the maps in the game are fine until the mods come out.

Giants will be releasing mods starting day 1, here is the schedule for the week.

On Tuesday
Case IH 1660 Combine Harvester
Case IH 1030 Header
Deutz-Fahr AgroStar 6.61 Tractor

On Wednesday:
Hürlimann H 488 Tractor
Ursus T127 Bale Trailer

On Thursday:
Ursus Z586 Bale wrapper
Case IH 1455 XL Tractor

On Friday:
Kverneland Exacta El 700 Fertilizer Spreader
Fliegl DPW 180 Bale Trailer

Big Bud should be released in roughly 2 weeks according to Giants.

The dog seems rather pointless (and takes up an animal building slot), but the horses should be cool.

I'm currently preloading it and it will release on PC in about an hour. Even though I've been watching streams of it for a week now, I'm still extremely excited to try it. :D

Apparently the dog is a stray and just hangs out sometimes :)

Sorry I need to revisit this Mods thing again....Looked at the Mod Hub and all that seems to be there are official mods from Giants...Is there somewhere else I need to go to get some mods ? (if so please recommend the best site)
:cheers:

Even though there are a couple bugs. I already put 100 hours on FS19, I have never had so much fun in a game before. Its such a relaxing game, I end up forgetting how much time goes by.

I've only managed 13 hours, partly because I haven't had much time and partly because I messed up my Felsbrunn save that had 12 of those hours and I don't feel the need to start over on it. Once a decent map get's released I'll surely put in lots of time.

Sorry I need to revisit this Mods thing again....Looked at the Mod Hub and all that seems to be there are official mods from Giants...Is there somewhere else I need to go to get some mods ? (if so please recommend the best site)
:cheers:

I would say if it's not listed in this thread stay away (there's a couple other sites on the last couple pages that are reputable as well).

Thanks @Northstar
Just had a sneaky quick read through (I'm at work so shouldn't be doing this), clicked on one of the sites on the list and the first comments I read are 'Stay away from this, Fake Mod, Dont download' :scared:
This is the reason I just wish they would do Steam Workshop...Easy to find things and easy to see if its a good Mod or not.

Oh well, I dont really need Mods at the moment, was just preparing for my future farm.

Well i harvested 80 Acres of Corn... and i got an output of around 600,000L of Corn in my Silo... Took a couple hours... :lol:

I'm debating on wether to buy FS19 for PC. It's good on consoles however the fps drops give me a headache after a while, plus the PC side has a lot more mods to choose from.

Seasons is coming (no date yet, but they are obviously making good progress).

seasons.jpg

I'm debating on wether to buy FS19 for PC. It's good on consoles however the fps drops give me a headache after a while, plus the PC side has a lot more mods to choose from.

I would do it just so you don't have to deal with the stupid slot system.

@Northstar im currently in the process of moving, so I will have to redo my field eventually. Haha. Whenever that is. rip my crops.

I created another save for my offline game, the map we were on will be untouched until we're both on again (unless @Cowboy joins us). :cheers:

Back