Farming Simulator General Discussion

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 317 comments
2 Major things happened in the Farm Sim world today.

1. Big Bud's are now in the Mod Hub. This is great for someone like me that didn't buy the DLC for FS17.

No ETA yet, but it will be included in version 1.2 which also has "lots of bug fixes" and should release on PC before Christmas (All according to the community manager, Listertan, on the official forums.).

That is the one thing that really baffled me, they put the ability to build your own farm up from scratch but had no way to do any terraforming or build any kind of pathways/roads ??
This update must come ASAP, and to be honest should've been included in the launch build !

Now I have the debate...Should I continue with my existing farm, or wait and start again from scratch with the much needed landscaping update ?

and to be honest should've been included in the launch build !

That was apparently the original plan but it wasn't ready in time so they held it back. Considering all the other issues they have had with the game, it was probably the right choice. Granted they could have saved themselves a lot of grief by posting that video before launch and clearly stated it was coming post-launch.

Yeah if I had known that there would be no terraforming etc at launch I probably would've held off buying it until it was added.
I just presumed that things like this would've been in at launch.
Looks like I dont learn my lessons, I brought Project Cars 1 presuming it must have triple monitor support...But No.
Brought FS19 presuming the building feature would be complete...But No.... I will keep playing and supporting the FS franchise though, unlike Project Cars.

2 Major things happened in the Farm Sim world today.

1. Big Bud's are now in the Mod Hub. This is great for someone like me that didn't buy the DLC for FS17.
To elaborate, the Big Bud 450 now has wide tires and dual tire options as well :)

I'm not sure what happened, but it appears FS19 on my Xbox now runs smoother than ever, which means no headache for me. I'm currently having a lot of fun with haying and using the skid steer loader to load bales. I'm very happy that the skid steers turn a lot more responsive now compared to the nightmare in FS17. Oh and I'm still planning on buying FS19 for PC too ;)

Update 1.2 has been launched in beta status on PC.

ADDED:
  • Landscaping feature
  • Economic difficulty option
  • Support for mapping button combos besides the gamepad trigger buttons
  • In-game voting for mods
  • Combine rpm increase if the combine unloads
  • Selling of potato pallets
  • AI detection of tipped heaps
IMPROVED:
  • AI on angled edges
  • Mapping with devices not recognized by the game
  • Vehicle sounds
  • Combines can now be folded if just a small amount is loaded
  • Tree pickup of log grabs
FIXED:
  • Shading issues in some specific light/viewer combinations
  • Disappearing animals after starting a dedicated server again
  • Horse price issue when selling multiple horses at the same time
  • Egg pallets don’t appear correctly
  • Unlimited food after cleaning in front of a trough
  • The mower BIG M450 can’t be refueled
  • The header NH 3162 Draper 45ft doesn’t work well with NH CR10.90
  • Väderstad Tempo V 8 doesn’t work well in slopes
  • TT Multicultivator 5-in-1 doesn’t work well in slopes
  • Clients have access to all vehicles from all farms
  • Unable to start a dedicated server
  • The camera is desynced from vehicle
  • Wear speed if washing is disabled
  • Issues with combines harvesting multiple fruit types
  • Engine sound in multiplayer
  • AI overtaking to other fields with small working widths
  • AI working width New Holland FDR 600
  • AI turn direction issues with cultivator and sowing machine attached together
  • Bale mounting on Fliegl Butterfly and Fliegl DPW
  • Delayed lowering of pipe for potato harvesters (Ropa Keiler 2, Grimme SE 280)
  • Crash on Mac OS X when saving screenshot

Important:
If your game is updated to 1.2.0, you will only see multiplayer games that are also in 1.2.0.
Thus, you won’t be able to connect to dedicated servers still in 1.1.0.

Update 1.2 has been launched in beta status on PC.

ADDED:
  • Landscaping feature
  • Economic difficulty option
  • Support for mapping button combos besides the gamepad trigger buttons
  • In-game voting for mods
  • Combine rpm increase if the combine unloads
  • Selling of potato pallets
  • AI detection of tipped heaps
IMPROVED:
  • AI on angled edges
  • Mapping with devices not recognized by the game
  • Vehicle sounds
  • Combines can now be folded if just a small amount is loaded
  • Tree pickup of log grabs
FIXED:
  • Shading issues in some specific light/viewer combinations
  • Disappearing animals after starting a dedicated server again
  • Horse price issue when selling multiple horses at the same time
  • Egg pallets don’t appear correctly
  • Unlimited food after cleaning in front of a trough
  • The mower BIG M450 can’t be refueled
  • The header NH 3162 Draper 45ft doesn’t work well with NH CR10.90
  • Väderstad Tempo V 8 doesn’t work well in slopes
  • TT Multicultivator 5-in-1 doesn’t work well in slopes
  • Clients have access to all vehicles from all farms
  • Unable to start a dedicated server
  • The camera is desynced from vehicle
  • Wear speed if washing is disabled
  • Issues with combines harvesting multiple fruit types
  • Engine sound in multiplayer
  • AI overtaking to other fields with small working widths
  • AI working width New Holland FDR 600
  • AI turn direction issues with cultivator and sowing machine attached together
  • Bale mounting on Fliegl Butterfly and Fliegl DPW
  • Delayed lowering of pipe for potato harvesters (Ropa Keiler 2, Grimme SE 280)
  • Crash on Mac OS X when saving screenshot

Important:
If your game is updated to 1.2.0, you will only see multiplayer games that are also in 1.2.0.
Thus, you won’t be able to connect to dedicated servers still in 1.1.0.

Awesome! Can't wait for the landscaping feature!

Well, I've officially bought FS19 for PC off of Steam. First thing I noticed was how drastically improved the FPS is, it's almost like 4K :lol:. I've already downloaded a couple mods including the Westbridge Hills map which was my favorite map mod in FS17 :)

Well, I've officially bought FS19 for PC off of Steam. First thing I noticed was how drastically improved the FPS is, it's almost like 4K :lol:. I've already downloaded a couple mods including the Westbridge Hills map which was my favorite map mod in FS17 :)

Great News! We can now play together! With @Northstar and build a massive farm :D

The question is, do we stick with Felsbrunn or do we go with a different map?

We should also probably figure out a good day/time to get together to make things easier.

Edit: This seems like a good multiplayer map and is currently in testing by Giants so it should be released soon.

Last edited:
The question is, do we stick with Felsbrunn or do we go with a different map?

We should also probably figure out a good day/time to get together to make things easier.

Edit: This seems like a good multiplayer map and is currently in testing by Giants so it should be released soon.

Im really open for anything tbh, since we are all on PC, we can incorporate mods as-well on Giants Modhub!

Also. Almost finished organizing my garage :P

MgoGn0R.jpg

Last edited:
Well @Kitten you doing a lot better than me, I still only have 3 of the cheapest small tractors in my garage :( (and my garage is just a empty space next to a field I own :lol:)

Mind you I only get to play a hour a night, its no way near enough to make any kind of progress in a game like this unfortunately.

Well @Kitten you doing a lot better than me, I still only have 3 of the cheapest small tractors in my garage :( (and my garage is just a empty space next to a field I own :lol:)

Mind you I only get to play a hour a night, its no way near enough to make any kind of progress in a game like this unfortunately.

To be fair, I kind of used a money cheat. Cause I wanted to make a big farm and farm 100 acres or so... and pretty impossible to do so with the money you start with.

To be fair, I kind of used a money cheat. Cause I wanted to make a big farm and farm 100 acres or so... and pretty impossible to do so with the money you start with.

I did wonder, you have a fancy, fully stacked garage and 5mil still in the bank... Either that or I thought you had quit your job to play FS19 full time :lol:

I did think about using a money cheat, but have managed to stay away from anything like that at the moment....For some reason I'm happy with my 3 smallest fields on the map, my 3 smallest cheapest tractors and my left over $26 :lol:

I did wonder, you have a fancy, fully stacked garage and 5mil still in the bank... Either that or I thought you had quit your job to play FS19 full time :lol:

I did think about using a money cheat, but have managed to stay away from anything like that at the moment....For some reason I'm happy with my 3 smallest fields on the map, my 3 smallest cheapest tractors and my left over $26 :lol:

I must admit its rather satisfying have small farm with small tractors. Quite oddly satisfying :)

We will have to make sure all 3 of us are on come harvest time so we can have 2 harvesters running and someone running a semi! :lol:

Farming Simulator 19 Update 1.2
  • [Added] Landscaping feature (1.2)
  • [Added] Economic difficulty option (1.2)
  • [Added] In-game voting for mods (1.2)
  • [Added] Combine rpm increase if the combine unloads (1.2)
  • [Added] Selling of potato pallets (1.2)
  • [Added] AI detection of tipped heaps (1.2)
  • [Added] Support for mapping button combos besides the gamepad trigger buttons (1.2)
  • [Added] Support for mapping half-axes even if a device is unknown (1.2)
  • [Added] Support for mapping non-centering device axes, such as a throttle on a joystick (1.2)
  • [Improved] AI on angled edges (1.2)
  • [Improved] Mapping with devices not recognized by the game (1.2)
  • [Improved] Vehicle sounds (1.2)
  • [Improved] Combines can now be folded if just a small amount is loaded (1.2)
  • [Improved] Tree pickup of log grabs (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Shading issues in some specific light/viewer combinations (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Disappearing animals after starting a dedicated server again (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Horse price issue when selling multiple horses at the same time (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Egg pallets don’t appear correctly (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Unlimited food after cleaning in front of a trough (1.2)
  • [Fixed] The mower BIG M450 can’t be refueled (1.2)
  • [Fixed] The header NH 3162 Draper 45ft doesn’t work well with NH CR10.90 (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Väderstad Tempo V 8 doesn’t work well in slopes (1.2)
  • [Fixed] TT Multicultivator 5-in-1 doesn’t work well in slopes (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Clients have access to all vehicles from all farms (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Unable to start a dedicated server (1.2)
  • [Fixed] The camera is desynced from vehicle (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Wear speed if washing is disabled (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Issues with combines harvesting multiple fruit types (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Engine sound in multiplayer (1.2)
  • [Fixed] AI overtaking to other fields with small working widths (1.2)
  • [Fixed] AI working width New Holland FDR 600 (1.2)
  • [Fixed] AI turn direction issues with cultivator and sowing machine attached together (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Bale mounting on Fliegl Butterfly and Fliegl DPW (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Delayed lowering of pipe for potato harvesters (Ropa Keiler 2, Grimme SE 280) (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Crash on Mac OS X when saving screenshot (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Black screen when starting game with some keyboard layouts (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Trailers don't brake when detaching with automatic motor start off (1.2)
  • [Fixed] Button mappings of the Logitech G27 and the Logitech Driving Force GT (1.2)
  • Fixed cultivating and sowing contracts disappearing after accepting them (1.1.3)
  • Fixed a rare blocker when creating a farm in multiplayer (1.1.3)
  • Fixed block when entering vehicles after changing the inputs (1.1.3)
  • Fixed sound with 7.1 headsets (1.1.3)
  • Fixed saving mouse sensitivity (1.1.3)
  • Fixed invert-y option for vehicle comeras (1.1.3)
  • Fixed issues with Logitech force-feedback wheels (the centering force can now be configured in the Logitech Profiler (G25, G27) and the Logitech Gaming Software (G29, G920) (1.1.3)
  • Fixed input conflicts when changing devices (1.1.3)
  • There is no default mapping for unknown devices to avoid issues with constant menu and camera changes (1.1.3)
  • Fixed some crashes with input devices (1.1.3)
  • Fixed saving of sensitivity/deadzone of input devices (1.1.3)
  • Fixed default bindings for wheels and wheels in combination with Logitech G Saitek Farm Side Panel (1.1.3)
  • Added support for Logitech G29 and G920 gear shifter (1.1.3)
  • Added support for Logitech G25 (1.1.3)
  • Added support for Thrustmaster T-GT and TS-XW (1.1.3)
  • Fixed camera orientation with head tracking (e.g. Track IR) (1.1.3)
  • Various vehicle and tool fixes (1.1)
  • Tweaked some crops (1.1)
  • Rebalanced animals and husbandries (1.1)
  • Fixed various dog issues (1.1)
  • Fixed horse functionality (1.1)
  • Fixed rain collisions (1.1)
  • Fixed sound playback in various gameplay scenarios (1.1)
  • Improved the helper AI (1.1)
  • Fixed player movement issues (1.1)
  • Fixed flashlights in Multiplayer (1.1)
  • Fixed particle effects (1.1)
  • Fixed BGA functionality (1.1)
  • Polished both basegame maps (1.1)
  • Fixed fill volumes (1.1)
  • Pedestrian system fixes (1.1)
  • Fixed milk statistics (1.1)
  • Weather system tweaks (1.1)
  • Fixed Night to Day transition (1.1)
  • Various loca fixes (1.1)
  • Added resolution scaling option (Windows/Mac) (1.1)
  • Improved default mapping of various gamepads/steering wheels (Windows/Mac) (1.1)
  • Added support for attaching steering wheels while the game is running (1.1)
  • Other minor tweaks and fixes (1.1)
  • Improved performance on low-end systems (1.1)
  • Fixed performance warnings (1.1)
  • Fixed translation inconsistencies for all languages (1.1)
  • Adjusted the UI in certain screens (1.1)
  • Improved Multiplayer management controls (1.1)
  • Updated store with missing items (1.1)
  • Fixed various sync issues in Multiplayer (1.1)
  • Fixed player permissions after merging the game (1.1)
  • Fixed horse cleaning in Multiplayer (1.1)
  • Fixed forklift in Multiplayer (1.1)
  • Fixed input context and Pause display if the sync occurs during Pause (1.1)
  • Fixed husbandry issues in Multiplayer (1.1)
  • Fixed sounds in Multiplayer (1.1)
  • Fixed client side player position issues in Multiplayer (1.1)

Wow that's quite the update !
Luckily I did a bit of harvesting last night, my 3 small fields of soybeans gave me about 40k to do some landscaping tonight :)

One of my fields really needs flattening out, my little tractors keep getting stuck trying to get up the small hill, the poor things are just too gutless :lol:

Well I made a complete mess of my first landscaping mission :(. Knew I should've tested on a new map first :banghead:.

Had my 40k sitting in the bank and started smoothing out one of my fields, not a problem, didn't realize it erased the field as it goes, but no biggie as I do have a plow to reset the field at least. Used almost half my money doing that, then I looked away and accidentally pressed the mouse button to raise the ground level... I now have a massive mountain in the middle of my field, and it used the last of my money to do it :grumpy: :banghead:.

When I get back on tonight I will need to take out a loan just to flatten my field out again :(

The landscaping is a welcomed addition to the game for sure. It's a bit frustrating though since I typically end up with oddly elevations when I put down animal pens or any other buildings. I need to play around with it more to figure it out.

Right now my best farm is on the American map. I built up a sheep farm since it's pretty easy to collect grass and hay to feed them and the wool comes decently quick. I also have a small chicken coop too that provides a decent amount of eggs. I tried cows but trying to get the TMR right was a bit irritating. The horses were a bit meh too since it took a bunch of endless riding to get them in peak condition. I wish they had some sort of missions you could do with horses or at least add collectibles you could go off and find while riding.

I also want to get into forestry too, but none of the maps seem to have a good setup for that. It takes far too long for the trees to grow too so I can't even plant my own.

The landscaping is a welcomed addition to the game for sure. It's a bit frustrating though since I typically end up with oddly elevations when I put down animal pens or any other buildings. I need to play around with it more to figure it out.

Right now my best farm is on the American map. I built up a sheep farm since it's pretty easy to collect grass and hay to feed them and the wool comes decently quick. I also have a small chicken coop too that provides a decent amount of eggs. I tried cows but trying to get the TMR right was a bit irritating. The horses were a bit meh too since it took a bunch of endless riding to get them in peak condition. I wish they had some sort of missions you could do with horses or at least add collectibles you could go off and find while riding.

I also want to get into forestry too, but none of the maps seem to have a good setup for that. It takes far too long for the trees to grow too so I can't even plant my own.
From my experience on FS17, TMR is generally made by a single grass and a single straw bale mixed with a couple scoops of fermented silage.

I'm still waiting for a good map before I really test out the landscaping stuff. Thankfully I know there is at least 2 in the testing phase so it shouldn't be too much longer before they show up in the modhub.

So, this thread kind of died.....

Recently I've been playing on the Westbridge Hills map that got converted from FS17. To this day it's still my favorite map I've played on for the sake of how American it is.

So, this thread kind of died.....

Recently I've been playing on the Westbridge Hills map that got converted from FS17. To this day it's still my favorite map I've played on for the sake of how American it is.

I've just haven't had any interest to play, and I kind of get bored if I don't play with anyone. lol.

I've been too busy building an International trucking powerhouse to focus on farming (which currently consists of a whopping 2 semi's!). I'm planning on putting some time into it this weekend though now that some mods are finally getting tested by Giants.

Back