• 31 comments

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
Post quick lap videos and channels here. Whether they're your own or just some you're a fan of. They don't have to be top ten times, just laps you're impressed with and think others could learn from. Remember, no matter what the speed is there is always some aspect of the lap other people can learn from.

I'm always on the look out for hotlap videos to study and Youtube channels with regular uploads. It's one of the best ways to become a faster driver. Try to keep videos to single lap, short format. If the lap is inside a long video, please provide a time stamp to the point in the video of interest.

I'll start it off with @Doodle's channel here. This is his test season Suzuka Manufacturer's Series best lap:

Here's my latest upload, which is for the 4th round of test season Nation's Cup:

Here's @Z28_ 's channel, he's posts great guides for faster lap times and is a regular streamer:

Some of my videos:

Circuit experience Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop with Z4 Gr.3

Daily race qualification lap at Nurburgring GP with the WRX Gr.3 1:59.305

Here's @Z28_ 's channel (...)
This guy's guides are awesome, they helped me achieve faster lap times :)

As someone who's clueless on lines, especially with new tracks, those videos were a real eye opener. I think I saw 1 corner I was doing right in them...

*Subscribes*

I’m pretty happy and confident that I’m fairly fast, but some of the times and car control on display from the super quick guys is unreal. Concentration levels must be through the roof. Must be a pleasure to drive at such a high level... yes, I’m looking at you @Wardez... (amongst others!)

Here's one of my own in a BMW M6 GT3.

I basically do hot laps on nordschleife I have uploaded alot of other nordschleife hot laps in GT3,road and LMP1 cars.

I've watched a lot of faster people's vids and they do help a lot, especially with tracks you don't know well.
But I'm kinda at the point now where watching them it looks exactly the same as watching my own laps, just that they seem to be doing it 3 seconds faster lol. I guess I just need to fine tune the details now, perfect throttle and brake application and all that good stuff.

Another hot lap of my own I set earlier today in the Renault RS01 GT3. Set a lap of 6:35 could of been faster. Definitely one of the faster GT3 cars in stock form. All my laps are done with a controller and all cars in the stock bought from brand central form.

Here's tonight's sports mode race I stream nearly every night... I've given up on the FIA races because every time the race starts it's only me that's moving

I've watched a lot of faster people's vids and they do help a lot, especially with tracks you don't know well.
But I'm kinda at the point now where watching them it looks exactly the same as watching my own laps, just that they seem to be doing it 3 seconds faster lol. I guess I just need to fine tune the details now, perfect throttle and brake application and all that good stuff.

I'm gonna make a detailed video on exactly what to look for when studying hotlap videos to improve your own times. I realized there's a lot that most people aren't seeing I feel I could do well to highlight. Should be interesting.

I'm gonna make a detailed video on exactly what to look for when studying hotlap videos to improve your own times. I realized there's a lot that most people aren't seeing I feel I could do well to highlight. Should be interesting.

Agreed, I'd like to see what you come up with. I rarely watch videos, although I do follow ghosts of fast laps. I think throttle and brake application techniques at various points through the turn are the biggest differences between drivers. The timing and rotation speed of the wheel combined with rate of pedal application and release is critical but difficult to convey. Plus more than one technique can deliver the same resulting lap time!

Sometimes I watch the fast lap replays in game from the top 10 lists for every event. It does help with shaving off time. With the replays you can switch the camera to your own normal view, that is very helpful. I occasionally share my replays in game, but haven't posted any to my youtube channel. There are plenty of more skilled drivers out there posting stuff. Even on the rare occasions were I post a top time, I know it's only because the aliens haven't posted their times yet. I'll spend an hour doing laps until I'm consistently not getting any quicker and then some alien comes along and blows away that time by at least a second or 2. lol

Sometimes I watch the fast lap replays in game from the top 10 lists for every event. It does help with shaving off time. With the replays you can switch the camera to your own normal view, that is very helpful. I occasionally share my replays in game, but haven't posted any to my youtube channel. There are plenty of more skilled drivers out there posting stuff. Even on the rare occasions were I post a top time, I know it's only because the aliens haven't posted their times yet. I'll spend an hour doing laps until I'm consistently not getting any quicker and then some alien comes along and blows away that time by at least a second or 2. lol

Yeah... but this one made it to the leaderboards just before the last race.
And I like having them on my YouTube channel. I like watching them. I know I’m not an Alien, but sometimes I can do a clean enough lap that makes me feel better when watching back.

Shameless plug for my own channel which you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT5vWKxsyERkX8mwjefgjQg?view_as=subscriber

I focus on a variety of different content, from tutorials and lap breakdown videos to daily races and patch note breakdowns from the perspective of a competitive player. I come from Forza, so I'm relatively new to the GT Sport community but I bring over 10+ years of competing over there at the highest level, hopefully that will transition to GT!

A few of my favourite vids from my Channel:

Photo Finish at Maggiore

Nurburgring Nordschleife Track Guide (Part1/4)

Brand Hatch Daily Race #1 Time

As a viewer, I love to watch @gtr3123 , his passion for the game and will to improve as well as his interaction with chat and the way he seems to genuinely care make his streams fun to watch, although as a Brit I tend to stay up too late watching them! @Z28_ was also someone I meant to check out so I'll make that my mission for tomorrow.

Can't have a Youtube thread and not mention my friend and teammate Steve aka F4H Super GT. He has an extremely successful channel built on Forza content but has been putting out a lot of great GT Sport videos recently too. Definitely check him out here: https://www.youtube.com/user/xSUPERxGTx

Also shoutout to @MINKIHL whose setup thread made the transition from Forza to GT as a non tuner a lot easier for me, I'll be sure to check out your channel!

Thought I'd revive this thread with an absolutely epic 4 way battle I had in today's daily race in the BMW VGT. Races like this are why I LOVE this game.

Back