Faster Load Times

Messages
23
Messages
jerryaldaz@yahoo.com
Is it just me or the more I play it the shorter the loading times seem to be?

Maybe it was PD plan all along, piss off customers first and then BAM!:)
 
You can see it says installing the first couple of times you run the track.
 
Yeah the more you play the more data it installs to your PS3, the more data it's installed the less it has to load when you revisit the same tracks etc.
 
Had difficulty trying to find out how well a Solid State Drive performs with GT5. Does anyone have more information, or is the price not really worth it for a negligible decrease in load times?
 
Had difficulty trying to find out how well a Solid State Drive performs with GT5. Does anyone have more information, or is the price not really worth it for a negligible decrease in load times?

I would not suggest a solid state drive (SSD) for a ps3. There were even negligible differences in 5400RPM vs 7200RPM; also, i believe, at least for the phat models, that ps3 only runs on SATA/150 so it will just downrank any SATA/300 you put in. I personally run a Western Digital 500GB (WD5000BEVT) and my system seems to have sped up from the increased room for the game data and what not; I have a MGS4 PS3 phat too (model# is CHECHA, i think.)

The more you play the better it shall get loading time wise. Tsukuba is my most played track so it loads quite quickly whenever I go to it. I don't know whether or not it makes a difference from the initial install or not, but in the settings on the last menu section there is a "diagnostics" menu and in there there is an option to pre-install data, but i do suspect that it is the same thing as the initial install. Haven't tried it yet, too busy playing when i do have the freetime.
 
Its a reward for those that plays seriously !:)
 
Someone posted a video of GT5 on an SSD. The difference was definitely noticeable. He could scroll the entire list of cars on Arcade without any thumbnail loading whatsoever, then the model loaded up incredibly quickly too. Impressive stuff.
 
I would not suggest a solid state drive (SSD) for a ps3. There were even negligible differences in 5400RPM vs 7200RPM; also, i believe, at least for the phat models, that ps3 only runs on SATA/150 so it will just downrank any SATA/300 you put in. I personally run a Western Digital 500GB (WD5000BEVT) and my system seems to have sped up from the increased room for the game data and what not; I have a MGS4 PS3 phat too (model# is CHECHA, i think.)

The more you play the better it shall get loading time wise. Tsukuba is my most played track so it loads quite quickly whenever I go to it. I don't know whether or not it makes a difference from the initial install or not, but in the settings on the last menu section there is a "diagnostics" menu and in there there is an option to pre-install data, but i do suspect that it is the same thing as the initial install. Haven't tried it yet, too busy playing when i do have the freetime.

Someone posted a video of GT5 on an SSD. The difference was definitely noticeable. He could scroll the entire list of cars on Arcade without any thumbnail loading whatsoever, then the model loaded up incredibly quickly too. Impressive stuff.

Thanks for the info -- was very much appreciated.

👍
 
Back