Faster than Stig?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lambomeanie
  • 33 comments
  • 2,247 views
nearly ALL the cars they test are sporty and have sports tires on.

the sports hards in this game are like the tires you'd buy on a stock honda civic.

ive tested the lateral g's and they arent realistic for top gear testing.


for example, i spin in 4th gear HARD in my 600 hp supra coming around the big corner back onto the straight stretch before the end, on sports hards.

that would never happen in real life, my fourth gear goes to like 250 km/hr
 
Poppins
whoever says use sports hards is a ****ing idiot.

sports softs is what they always use on top gear for their lap times.

Whoever posts on something he has no intention of being involved in is a ****ing idiot too. This is a bit of fun, the options are simple, you do it or don't.

My grandfather used to say " If you have nothing to say of value, nothing of wisdom to part with, nothing positive to add, then it's usually best to shut the **** up. "

He was a wise man.
 
for example, i spin in 4th gear HARD in my 600 hp supra coming around the big corner back onto the straight stretch before the end, on sports hards.

that would never happen in real life, my fourth gear goes to like 250 km/hr

very scientific, that. :lol:

Instead of dismissing you as an idiot, I think you should read the other threads on tire grip, the lateral G with sports hard is pretty close to what you can achieve IRL.
 
Ironically, I had this exact same idea, and I must say you're handling it well, but I think I was a bit more strict with my personal regulations than you are. I'm not sure what kind of familiarization laps the Stig is allowed on the track, but I only gave myself 3 standing-start hot laps to get a best time for any given car. No grinding out the same track for 3 hours to eek out the best time, no fine tuning any settings, nothing. Just what you see is what you get. Here's what I got with a few cars (I have them on a spreadsheet):
Car My Time Stig Time
2009 Ferrari 458 Italia 1:23.1 1:19.1
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 1:21.3 1:19.5
2010 Jaguar XFR 1:27.6 1:26.7
Tesla Roadster 1:31.6 1:27.2
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX GSR 1:28.8 1:28.9
2007 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR 1:27.7 1:28.2
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec C 1:27.3 1:30.1

Beat a couple, lost several, but like I said, this was in my first 3 laps on that track with that car. With a few more laps in each car I'm sure I could beat them all.

EDIT: These times were also done with a DS3, not a wheel. I forgot that part since I'm at work and wasn't paying attention...
 
Last edited:
Back