Fastest GT3 Car ?

• Thread starter smckenna92
  • 55 comments
United Kingdom
Scotland
niceonehulio
What do you guys think is the fastest gt3 car or best allrounder. I personally like or feel fat in the BMW Z4 GT3 and the McLaren 12c GT3.

Thoughts? Facts ?

I'd say it probably depends on track however the McLaren and Z4 definitely seem to be up there, as for an all rounder I would recommend the Audi R8 LMS, it's easy to drive and just generally feels like a well-balanced car.

The fastest GT3 cars in a straight line is the Aston Martin,

I kinda feel the Audi needs a slight Bhp boost, though this may reflect which Audi they copied for the game as I believe the Audi R8's are allowed a larger air intake with a ballast penalty, they may have copied the lesser version,

I'd say the Z4 is probably best all-around, but not by very much at all. It obviously depends on the driver's style and the track. That's kind of the beauty of GT3 IMO, it's so well balanced and every race is really interesting.

SLS or Z4 for me, R8 is too understeery and the Ginetta is just slow in both straight line speed and cornering:lol:

From what I've driven:

SLS - straight line monster as you'd expect and very good acceleration out of corners, brakes off of a moped though, exit oversteer needs attention

RUF- needs a lot of diff preload and an understanding of its pros and cons, stand on the throttle coming out of corners and it just squats and goes, heavy off throttle oversteer, a good bit of exit understeer, doesn't like curbs at all

12C - the easiest to drive by far, haven't tried it since the game came out though so I don't have a ton of insight

Ginetta - very lightweight compared to the other GT3 cars, very good brakes and easy on the tires, great car for tight technical tracks but struggles a lot on top speed tracks

Aston - this car and i don't get along but it does have a lot of potential for sure, it may say it has the highest top speed but in reality the SLS accelerates so much faster that unless your at LeMans the SLS will be slightly faster in a straight line, this Aston has a heavy amount of exit oversteer and tends to work the front tires hard, default setup understeers on entry

Z4 - haven't driven

Audi - only drove once

I've only really driven the Audi, The RUF and the SLS at this point and would agree the SLS is the fastest in the straights. The Audi feels well balanced but underpowered in comparison.

The RUF is one on its own, once you get the hang of them, they are quick but the style is a little different from the other two.

Hoping to get an offer for the Aston or Z4 in my next season in career to compare those also.

I was able to drive the McLaren with a X-box Dpad. Very smooth with no setup changes.
I would love to have Ferrari, Corvette and Lamborghini in this conversation about GT3's.

Where does the BMW M3 GT3 fit in, was driving it in just solo mode and it's so smooth and well balanced, my favourite GT3 car to drive but is it up there?

Where does the BMW M3 GT3 fit in, was driving it in just solo mode and it's so smooth and well balanced, my favourite GT3 car to drive but is it up there?
It's quick but you need to set the downforce for every track or you'll be really slow on the straights.

Nor sure if it differs depending on format but on the xbox one it's no quicker than the z4, m3, or the 12c. At least for me when running hot laps on catalunya gp anyway.

In untuned form or in tuned battles? How is it on tires? I need to ask for i host a Gt3 serie...
Stock matte. I didn't tune it because I'm a cockpit player and I have to work my "right side driver" skills a lot! To be honest, at this moment I don't like it at all, not even IRL. I bought the DLC because the Mercedes and the Beemer.

The Bentley is clearly the fastest one, but unfortunately it handles like ass, so I don't think it's fun to drive.

Back