Faulty ps4 disk

• Thread starter Djkaijones
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Djkaijones91
Hi i brought gt sport brand new on disk for the ps4 I placed it in my ps4 and it gives me and error of the disk is dirty or damaged its a brand new disk and this occurred the first time I placed the disk into the ps4. This has never happened and dosent happen on any other disk I have and sum had scratches on them.. So I belive the disk is faulty I have spoken to the place I got my disk from and they can't accept a return due to the game being used and it possibly being a manufacturing fault. I have reached out to urselfs on twitter as well as playstation and had no response this was a gift to myself for Christmas and now I can't play this for Christmas. I've done everything possible to try resolve this cleaned disk, ps4, rebuilt my ps4 hard drive delted the game reinstalled 3x

PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Last edited:
Hi i brought gt6 brand new on disk for the ps4 I placed it in my ps4 and it gives me and error of the disk is dirty or damaged its a brand new disk and this occurred the first time I placed the disk into the ps4. This has never happened and dosent happen on any other disk I have and sum had scratches on them.. So I belive the disk is faulty I have spoken to the place I got my disk from and they can't accept a return due to the game being used and it possibly being a manufacturing fault. I have reached out to urselfs on twitter as well as playstation and had no response this was a gift to myself for Christmas and now I can't play this for Christmas. I've done everything possible to try resolve this cleaned disk, ps4, rebuilt my ps4 hard drive delted the game reinstalled 3x

If you bought GT 6 and tried to play that on PS4, it will not work, because it is a PS3 game, so the disk is not faulty, but if you bought GT S and the disk will not work on PS4 and other PS4 games on disc does, then you have a faulty GT S disc.

If you bought GT 6 and tried to play that on PS4, it will not work, because it is a PS3 game, so the disk is not faulty, but if you bought GT S and the disk will not work on PS4 and other PS4 games on disc does, then you have a faulty GT S disc.
GT6 is only for PS3

For PS4 you have to get GT Sport...
Gt sport my bad

Last edited by a moderator:
Most places will still accept returns if it’s within a certain time frame. I’d try to talk to management of whatever store you bought from and plea the situation to them. Make sure you have receipt to show!

Gt sport my bad

Most places will still accept returns if it’s within a certain time frame. I’d try to talk to management of whatever store you bought from and plea the situation to them. Make sure you have receipt to show!

I would try what @iGeaux_Psycho are saying, odd that the store dosen't want to take it back since it used, because you had to use if for finding out if the game works or not, so for me it is a bit lame excuse from the store, if it's manufacturer fault, the store have to take it in return and send it to the distributor or Sony and get a refund for the new game they had to give you, if the game dosen't work and you went back to the store just after a day or two, they have to take it back and either give you a refund or a new game in my opinion.

Last edited:
I agree that the store should have no problem in exchanging the game disc for another exact disc of the same game if yours is defective and was just bought..

Guys you gotta remember not every country is US or UK. Im not sure where djkajones is from but I personally am not surprised they wont give him a replacement. Its wrong but as I said, other countries dont care as much after the disc is opened.

>Its wrong but as I said, other countries don't care as much after the disc is opened.

That's True! (unfortunately)

Hi i brought gt sport brand new on disk for the ps4 I placed it in my ps4 and it gives me and error of the disk is dirty or damaged its a brand new disk and this occurred the first time I placed the disk into the ps4. This has never happened and dosent happen on any other disk I have and sum had scratches on them.. So I belive the disk is faulty I have spoken to the place I got my disk from and they can't accept a return due to the game being used and it possibly being a manufacturing fault. I have reached out to urselfs on twitter as well as playstation and had no response this was a gift to myself for Christmas and now I can't play this for Christmas. I've done everything possible to try resolve this cleaned disk, ps4, rebuilt my ps4 hard drive delted the game reinstalled 3x

PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Have you tried to eject the disk and insert it again?

Other workaround:

Remove your GT sport Blu-ray disk

Delete your game again (everything including any saved related files on the HDD)

Try to update your console again!

That way:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...-system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

Select: Option 3.

After you have updated your system, disconnect the console from internet, and try to insert GT sport again.

Does it run now? (does it install the game properly on the HDD?)

If not, then we have indeed a problem. (On that matter, i would try to run that disk on another console if possible) - as Potato_Head mentioned below...lol what a name! :-P

If yes, let it install and start the game (without any updates)

Get into the game, and exit the game afterwards.

Now connect to the internet and update GT sport to the the latest version. (1.10)

If your game works as above, you shouldn't face any further problems actually. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from trying clean the disc, are you able to try it on another system?

The store should have no issues replacing the disc. They probably think you broke it.

I had this problem too, still do actually. Only thing that works for me is unorthodox, but works.

When you insert disc, you hear it trying to read/ making noise. Sounds like the reader is not moving. I hit my PS4 over the disc reader. Starts making the spinning noise and works. Worth a try if it's doing what mine does.

I had this problem too, still do actually. Only thing that works for me is unorthodox, but works.

When you insert disc, you hear it trying to read/ making noise. Sounds like the reader is not moving. I hit my PS4 over the disc reader. Starts making the spinning noise and works. Worth a try if it's doing what mine does.
Yes exactly the same it goes quiet and let's me play for about 5 mins and they gives me the dirty damaged error

Yes exactly the same it goes quiet and let's me play for about 5 mins and they gives me the dirty damaged error
Mine will not even play when it does that. It makes noises and then stops. Shows the error. So, I decided to hit it over the disc reader when it makes the noises. It started working. Acts like the reader is stuck or something. I probably need to send it in to Sony. But, it is working for now

Thanks guys I have tried all the above when I first placed the disk in and still get the issues the place I brought it from are very funny about it i live in the UK and I have spoken to a manager about this is and she wouldn't take it back the disk is brand new no scrathes and no dirt.. I have contacted playstation and they told me to go back to the store I the moring wich I will do... I've also contacted polyphony but no response from them.

Back