Fave Track Thread

• Thread starter danjama
  • 20 comments
United Kingdom
London
Ok so we're not spoilt for choice in FC track-wise, but i think we have plenty of variety. So I'm curious what everyones top 3 tracks are, Also any reasons/stories why you pick those tracks. This will also help with track selection online when i am hosting. I'll start the ball rolling.

1. Vallelunga. Good combination of twistiness and outright speed (the first series of bends are awesome).

2. Virginia Raceway. I didn't know it too well but have played it more over the last few days and this track fascinates me. It is not traditional atall and really challenges your concentration like no other.

3. This was very close between Mugello or Spa. I think i would pick Spa but only because it is bigger so there is more work to nailing a good lap.

Saying that i like all of the tracks included, the only track i would add is the 'Ring, just because i love it.

With out a doubt Ferrari Challenge has the BEST tracks of any racing game I know of. Its hard really to nail down top 3 favorites really I enjoy them all for different reasons.

1) SPA , Quite possibly the greatest circuit of all time.So much going on there,speed,all different types of apex turns. I enjoy it greatly.

2) Mount Tremblant , I really enjoy the elevation changes,has a good flow and rythm.

3) Mugello, Very nice layout ,elevation changes,blind turns a lot of fun.

Interesting that both of us picked a track from each region, Italian,European,North American.

Last edited:
Favorites of mine:

1] Mont Tremblant (for the same reason as VDUB)
2] Mugello & Vallelunga (simply fun)
3] Spa-Francorchamps (Too many reasons to list)

1) SPA , Quite possibly the greatest circuit of all time.So much going on there,speed,all different types of apex turns. I enjoy it greatly.

2) Mount Tremblant , I really enjoy the elevation changes,has a good flow and rythm.

3) Mugello, Very nice layout ,elevation changes,blind turns a lot of fun.

Interesting, these would probably be my choices too. Well, Spa certainly. And probably also Mount Tremblant. But I also really enjoy Montreal (:lol: Redwood Park). I really enjoy a lot of the tracks.

It would have been easier to pick my least favorite. Paul Ricard. :yuck: Without a doubt. It just doesn't seem to flow.

haha lets get a petition going - kill paul ricard circuit, it does suck!

Don't think ol' bernie ecleston will be happy with that idea, his main office at the side of the track......then again, yeah buldoze it LOL

Just a Side Benefit of dozing it.:)

I say just doze the side and leave the track :lol:

About Paul Ricard, keep in mind that this track has been butchered. (as many others, in my country Estoril is a good example, I guess Donnington will follow soon and the lost "uniqueness" of Hockenheim is another sad track-butchering story)

I'm not even sure the following map represents the "classic" layout of Paul Ricard, but you'll notice that what we race in FC is a short version of the track:

ricard.gif

About my favourites (among FC tracks):

1st - SPA- FRANCORCHAMPS

2nd - SILVERSTONE

3rd - MOUNT TREMBLANT

I'm a poor driver in all of them, but I really like "fluid" tracks over "stop'n go" tracks.

my fave tracks:

1. Tremblant
2. Spa
3. Mugello

Hon mention: California
I don't like ovals at all but the ai is particularily bad at this track. Makes for a nice relaxing race in single player

dishonourable mention: Paul Ricard, Homestead, Silverstone

CANT STAND that track either,needs to be bulldozed right away. Paul Ricard

haha lets get a petition going - kill paul ricard circuit, it does suck!

dishonourable mention: Paul Ricard, Homestead, Silverstone

:lol: Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks at Paul Ricard like yesterday's coffee.

Silverstone: I enjoy watching races from this track and I really WANT to like it. But somehow I just don't. :guilty: I've played it as well in F1:CE (very briefly) and Total Immersion Racing (quite often in years past) and didn't like it in either of those games either. Maybe it's just my own lack of ability to come to grips with it's unique character. But watching races on TV, drivers make that whole Maggots-Becketts-Chapel complex look so smooth and fluid. And I feel so clumsy. I don't know if it's me or it's just difficult to apply these corners to a racing sim. But I also find I never really take a perfect approach braking into Stowe. Either I'm too early or too late and I could SWEAR I'm braking at the same spot every time. And Club feels so restrictive--you can't power through it and I always feel no matter what line I take through there that it's the wrong one. So we won't even talk about Luffield which makes me feel like I'm trying to show off pulling out of a driveway and end up embarrassing myself. Credit where it's due, I like both Bridge and Copse. 👍 ;)

California and Homestead: Along with Daytona and even Indianapolis, I don't think racing circuits inside ovals offer much imagination. As I don't particularly care for either, I probably suffer from not playing either enough and they're the only circuits (along with :yuck: Paul Ricard) that I'll avoid when joining an uninvited lobby. I probably need just a bit more practice to get it right. But when I haven't raced either for more than say, oh a few minutes, I tend to forget my braking point and entry off the oval and onto the circuit. A few laps to practice in time trial and I'm fine. And California does offer some challenging corners. So they're the only two tracks where I could still benefit from the racing line for the 1st lap or two of a race as the penalty for making a mistake at that point is rather high.

And speaking of butchering tracks, I really, REALLY miss the old Hockenheim with it's long blasts through the forest. I'll even take half butchered and chicaned Hockenheim post Jim Clarke, compared to the bankrupt, plastic surgery version that exists today.

That was a great post jjaisli,you put it very well concerning Silverstone. I want to like it,feel I'm wrong for not liking it,but it always makes me feel like I dont have a clue.When playing the offline portion of the game,where its pretty easy to win,Silverstone still makes me feel like a Dork.:dunce:

And by the way. As a long time Gran Turismo lover PD is really bothering me by giving us tracks such as HSR,and Suzuka Fuji,which are fine. But all these other games come out with these ALL WORLD tracks and GT gets nothing.

My 3 fave tracks:

1. Mugello, I hadn't played this track before on any game and I can't recall watching any races here before but me and this track just get on with each other really well. I adapted quickly and I love driving it, a joy and for once a track that is fun to drive also has some good overtaking spots, unlike so many other driving-friendly, racing unfriendly tracks like Magny Cours. Favourite section - entry into the first corner, getting the braking right here is extremely rewarding, though I love the whole track in general, good in the rain too.
2. Silverstone, First time I saw this track was when I watched F1 when I was younger, seeing Mansell and Hill take victories. First time I played it in a game was ToCA Touring Cars, as it was the 2nd race in the game if I remember right.
Ever since, I have loved this track, not as easy to get into a rythmn straight away and requires some practice before hand, but once you're in the rythmn its a super fast track and very enjoyable to drive and race. Has a good variety of corners and my favourite section is the Bridge to Priory section and Maggotts into Becketts. This is the best track in the world in my opinion to seperate those who can run super-fast laps and those who can't, definitely a hotlapper's dream, though it isn't impossible to race to victory here as its easy to make mistakes. One of the reasons I love it so much and I'm not even a good hotlapper, I think its just because it makes getting a good time so much more satisfying.
3. Spa-francorchamps, who doesn't love this track? Obviously the highlight is attempting to take EauRouge-Radillion flat out. But again, good variety of corners, a fair amount of overtaking places and fairly challenging. Oddly, for a track considered so difficult, its actually pretty easy to jump in a car and get used to the track within 1 or 2 laps, getting fast times is a different matter.

As for Paul Ricard, I actually like the circuit, lol. Though I preferred it in its older configurations, I still actually enjoy it, not one of my favourite circuits, but certainly one I can enjoy. I don't have much trouble qualifying or racing and I enjoy chasing people down here.

And by the way. As a long time Gran Turismo lover PD is really bothering me by giving us tracks such as HSR,and Suzuka Fuji,which are fine. But all these other games come out with these ALL WORLD tracks and GT gets nothing.

To be fair though, none of the tracks in any Gran Turismo are particularly bad at all, I like almost all of the GT-original tracks and the Japanese tracks are fine.
Notice how we have no Japanese tracks in this game, its something that I think this game lacks a lot, especially as they "took inspiration from F355 Challenge" which featured Suzuka and Twin Motegi.

Favourites:

Mugello
Mont Tremblant
Spa

All great tracks with elevation changes, multiple right/left corner sequences (with tricky weight-transfer issues) & beautiful scenery.

I also enjoy Vallelunga for its tight alternating hairpin turns, & Virginia & Infineon, which are similar to each other, with their bumpy, off-camber twists & turns (although Infineon has really NO passing spots at all).

I can't stand Homestead & California - ugly, uninteresting, "slidey" tracks. :yuck:

Silverstone in FC has grown on me more & more - it is a classic course with a very challenging flow & a number of great passing opportunities.

Paul Ricard is a terrible track to TT drive, but I find it actually leads to some fun races with multiple lead changes.

Monza is a classic track, but really pretty boring, with everything pretty much depending on those three chicanes.

My personal favourites:-

1 Silverstone
2 Mont Tremblant
3 Spa

Worst tracks:-

1 Homestead
2 California
3 Montreal (Redwood park)

Shame about Hockenheim and Paul Ricard, both destroyed by the health and safety police. And its a shame that the `Ring` isn`t on FC like GT4.

Hi :) my top 3 are

1 - Spa. Simply a classic
2 - Infineon. Tricky, i like those off-camber turns in the first sector
3 - Mugello. I just clicked with this one

Top 3:

1. Spa - Simply awesome
2. Infineon - Nice flowing corners, and i'm good at it:D
3. Monza - Classic, fun, challenging.

Back