Favorie overall make of cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter NissanLover
  • 44 comments
  • 1,237 views
I like specific cars in GT3, not just manufacturers.
I'm very fond of the Mazda (fd3) RX-7. It's light, fast, easy to control. It is also very forgiving of driver error. If you pick a wrong line in the RX-7 just tap the brakes and drive back to the correct line. It won't spin you off into the weeds like the Camaro and Corvette.
I like the Vette because once it's set up, it's great fun to drive.
Honda S2000's of all stripes. Good looks, great handling, fairly fast.
The Skyline because it can be controlled even over 1000hp. It does require a bunch of set-up. But once dialed in, very fast.
Toyota Supra. Keep it under 750HP and it's awsome. Over that, it becomes an intractable, ill-handling, tire-burning beast.
Lancer, EVO7. It ain't the least bit pretty. But it's quicker than many cars with 1 1/2 times the power. Requires great amounts of tweekage for great handling and adequate top end. Once that is handled it rox the sox off most other cars.
Lotus 350, out of the box stock it's fast, tractable, obedient, goes where it's pointed, and very quickly. Mod it up and it only gets better.

Flyr31, those of us in the US, where Skylines aren't readily available, would like to cry at you. You lucky dog!!!
 
yeah FLYR31 and alexy2k know wher it at? nissans are pimp, anyone can have a favorite car but i like all nissans, their so great and all fast, especially latley!!!
 
yeah us americans like to take lil hondas and rice them out and maek them lound and flashy, but theirs posers and theirs guys that acctually beef up the performance, personally i dotn like either. thats one of the reasons i like nissans cause people dont go out and kill them to death with ugly body kits and loud mufflers or put like 10 12inch 1000W subs in them so that you can fell your zipper vibrate within a 100 mile radius. geez its so lame.
 
Originally posted by Presarc
My favorite in real life is the almighty Taurus SHO. I honestly cannot get enough of this car. I dont have my license yet, I'm still 2 or 3 months away, but I just bought a 1995 Taurus SHO with 83,000 miles on it, V6 24V 3.2L engine, stick of COURSE, runs 220 HP to flywheel, and 5.5 second 0-60 according to my brother and a few other sources. I've heard on internet it's between 5.8 and 6.0, but it's just as fast or faster than the supposedly 5.4 Dodge Stealth I'm in a lot. I'm probably going to get some www.shoshop.com stuff on it. Not even considering a supercharger, but just some small stuff, add it up to maybe 250 HP to wheels. Would be good for me, if I could get it to 5 seconds flat I'd be happy.

I cannot get enough of the Taurus SHO. I'm thinking about putting 17 inch or 18 inch wheels on it, but I'm trying to figure out if I want chrome, alloy, aluminum, or something else.

Anyone have any ideas? It's a metallic silver 1995 Taurus SHO when nice new Yokohama tires.

Manual Transmission SHOs have a 3.0 liter motor. Stock, they will hit 0- 60 in mid 6s, but not 5sec. 250hp to the wheels on these cars will cost thousands.
 
I'm gonna have to go with Honda. They handle so well...

Their cars are just tight all the way around (I drive one in real life). In my opinion they make too many FWD cars, but they handle really well. The RSX and CL are apparently some of the best handling FWD cars out there. The accords and civics clean up in the econo market.

The S2000 handles like a dream in GT3 (haven't driven one in real life) and then of course there's NSX.....

Its got to be honda. I just wish they had more models and put bigger engines in all of em.

So for cars its honda... second place goes to bmw.

For trucks.... dodge.
 
Simply Porsche, and thats "por-sha" not "poorsh". A "poorsh" is what old red necks sit on out in fron of their house after the wiskey has rotted thier brain and they cant take the old Ford pickup out for a romp through the hills.

To bad no Porsche license in GT3, I love the RUFs but would like to see some more veriety. But it is an Aisian game after all.
 
ya know... i was just thinking about that.


I was just comparing the 911 carrerra s to the NSX on acura's webiste : )
 
I like Mazda's quite a bit in the game
 
I like Nissans mostly.
I love the sound of my 595hp 300zx and my '94 R32 GT-R sounds super awesome at 2-3000rpm.

I drive a Skyline in real-life too!
 
I am not heavily biased towards one company or the next, but I'd have to say that if I had some supa-cash lying around, I'd Buy a Nissan or a BMW.
Simply put, I love the hp to weight ratios of these two cars.
 
I would say Nissan.
This is purely for the game...

I love the R390GT1, I believe it is the best prototype car in the game.

I also love the silvia, which is an excellent car of its own class. "gtu" if you could call it that.

And of course the skyline.

The skyline is one of the best gt racers in the game...
4wd if you wish for it...
fr is you want a straight race car.

Either way or any of the ways, the nissans have a range of formats and abilities to host any racers interest.
 
In the game, Id go for Nissan. No fwd POS like the other Japanese models, the Skylines, Silvias and Zs rock. And also the there are more Nissans in the game than other makes (I pretty sure)

But in real life, it would be a toss up between BMW, Holden or Nissan.
 
In real life, Porsche is absolutely the best over all company. Its almost a fact too, considering they have the record for the most wins by any single manufacturer (According to the FIA).

In the game? You guessed it. Ruf!

How can anyone say that the Ruf's dont perform better than any cars in their same league!
 
Back