Favorite and least favorite corner

United States
Heaven
What's you favorite and least favorite corner from any track?

My has to be this one its both interesting and annoying at the same time :)

Couldn't pick a single corner, but two standout sequences for me are the run from Duffus Dip to the Chicane at Knockhill, and over the top of the mountain at Bathurst - both tricky, rollercoaster, rides but incredibly satisfying when you get a good run through them :)

The Good: Turn 4 (ish) at Sonoma. Down the hill, sharp left then a quick right hander over the crest of a hill. So satisfying when you nail it.

The Bad: The final hairpin at Long Beach - so so so dull and some cars can barely get round the bloody thing!

The Ugly: Final chicane at Spa. What were they thinking with this awful corner on what is a wonderful flowing ciruit.

Last edited:
Eau Rouge is my favourite, It has a nice flow to it
But for me the worst probably is the oschersleben first corner
i mean seriously, when i start at the back the ai always pile up into the corner
it is so frustrating

Worst is obviously Oschersleben's first turn, apart from that I like that track though.
My favourite is probably the turn 5/6 chicane combo thingy at Red Bull Ring, nice flow and some camber as well.

Worst:
Turn 6 at Road America. The car goes light every time. It's difficult to judge whether it will go light or not and it's frustrating.
Final Corner at Fuji. Always struggle to figure out where the best way to go through there is.

Best: No idea.
Turn 5/6 Chicane at the Indianapolis Road Course is difficult. But when you get it right, is incredibly satisfying. In GT3 cars, the car dances through there and it's awesome.
Copse to Maggots and Becketts at Silverstone. Especially in an IndyCar or another high downforce car. You can throw it in and it will stick. Maybe a slight lift at Copse in the dirty air. But it's just awesome. Sure, COTA's replica is good. But it doesn't quite replicate Maggots and Becketts as well as the original.

Favorites: Of course Eau Rouge, Esses at Watkins Glen, Porsche Curves at Vintage LeMans, from The Cutting to Skyline at Bathurst, and for some reason Druids at Oulton Park.

Least favorites: Last at Snetterton, 1st at Oschersleben (both hated by others it seems), turn 4 at Zolder, Island Bend at Oulton Park.

I'm surprise that no one mention a corner from Azure Circuit, the hairpin turn is a pain in the ass.
I would have mentioned it but I didn’t cos I love Monaco.
But I remember in the original project cars how every car crashed at the turn before the bridge jamming the road

Mine are both at Spa

Favourite Pouhon. Driving that in a hybrid Le Mans car always feels good.

Hate. Stavelot 1. Dear god no matter what car I'm in all i do is understeer badly. Hate it.

Not to be forgotten, the Carousel at RA is another i hate. Always lose time there

I'm surprise that no one mention a corner from Azure Circuit, the hairpin turn is a pain in the ass.

There are a few corners at Monaco which suck, namely the chicane after the tunnel (turn 10), and the last two bends before the front straight (turns 17 and 18). I've been playing F1 2017 lately and struggle here big time. But to show it's not all bad, I really love the flat out, ballsy approach at turns 13 and 14.

For PC2, a section which really throws me off are the Spa chicanes, turns 19 and 20 - horrible in every way! Brands Hatch turn 1 is also a pain, as is Fuji's Dunlop hairpin (turn 10 into turn 11).

My favourite are the high speed, flat out kinks at Bathurst (turn 20 after conrod straight) and the right-hander after the hairpin at Hockenheimring (turn 7). Easy to take flat out in slower cars, sometimes a bit hairy in the faster cars, especially when you need to set yourself up for the subsequent slower corners. Awesome feeling every time (flat throttle, high speed, wide turn, line up, brake hard for the next bit!)

Tracks that just suck overall include Circuit of the America's, Brno and Sonoma Raceway.

Tracks that are enjoyable a million times over include Long Beach, Imola and Catalunya

There are a few corners at Monaco which suck, namely the chicane after the tunnel (turn 10), and the last two bends before the front straight (turns 17 and 18). I've been playing F1 2017 lately and struggle here big time. But to show it's not all bad, I really love the flat out, ballsy approach at turns 13 and 14.

For PC2, a section which really throws me off are the Spa chicanes, turns 19 and 20 - horrible in every way! Brands Hatch turn 1 is also a pain, as is Fuji's Dunlop hairpin (turn 10 into turn 11).

My favourite are the high speed, flat out kinks at Bathurst (turn 20 after conrod straight) and the right-hander after the hairpin at Hockenheimring (turn 7). Easy to take flat out in slower cars, sometimes a bit hairy in the faster cars, especially when you need to set yourself up for the subsequent slower corners. Awesome feeling every time (flat throttle, high speed, wide turn, line up, brake hard for the next bit!)

Tracks that just suck overall include Circuit of the America's, Brno and Sonoma Raceway.

Tracks that are enjoyable a million times over include Long Beach, Imola and Catalunya
Brno's much better than Long Beach (my opinion obviously) :)

The Ugly: Final chicane at Spa. What were they thinking with this awful corner on what is a wonderful flowing ciruit.

It didn't used to be in there and was added (as a bus stop first and transformed into a chicane after) because of max average speed regulations in F1 or something.

I know spa lost the gp for a few years to Zolder because they had to implement something like that. Spa being walonian and Eolder flemish meant the flemisch politicians didn't want to give a budget to alter the track.
The walonian mp's found a smart solution and added a (literal) busstop and stockage place for the salt that's used for the roads in winter.
This way they circumvented the flemish mp's and got the gp back.

Yes that ****'s possible in belgium. :P

Back