Favorite and least favorite daily races

United States
Indiana
pie4july
When I wake up every day, I immediately check the Daily Race Discussion post on my phone to see what the daily races for the day.

What ensues is either jubilation or utter disappointment.

What races make you excited or disappointed? Maybe PD should check out this thread lol.

Daily races that make me very excited

Gr 1/2/3/4 at Interlagos
Gr 1/2/3/4 at Suzuka
Gr 1/2/3/4 Dragon Trail – Seaside
Gr 3/4 at Blue Moon Bay Infield A
Gr 3/4 at Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa
Gr 3/4 at Autodrome Lago Maggiore (all layouts)
Gr 1/3/4 Dragon Trail - Gardens
One Make races at Tsukuba Circuit (sometimes)

Daily races that make me disappointed (aka irrationally angry).

Anything at BB Raceway
Anything at Northern Isle Speedway
Anything at Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Anything at any layout of Tokyo Expressway
Anything at N24.

Last edited:
I loved the GrB race about two weeks ago, its a shame it hasnt repeated/come back since, though tracks that are relatively interesting are also ones I tend to enjoy, usually the fictional ones but I know that most would prefer the real ones which is understandable! I dont mind what class is used, but I do wish the One-Makes cycled through more unorthodox cars more often, a bit like how they are now with the KTM.

I don't really mind any, I don't race at ovals though. But I don't like seeing the same style of race every other day for weeks, like group 3 on ovals. I suppose they tend to be popular so they keep redoing them? They really do seem more common than other races

I love it when Race C is Gr.3 or 4 at Brands Hatch, Suzuka, Interlagos, Nurb GP, Maggiore (full version) or even Blue Moon Infield A, heck even Monza when I know there could be chaos there at any moment. Gr.2 would likely be good at those tracks too but I haven't had the chance to race them anywhere other than Suzuka yet.;)

I hate it when Race C is not the said groups or even worse it is but it's at an Oval (like today at BB), Tokyo, Alsace or Tsukuba, such a waste. :(

I'm finding less and less time to race lately but generally Gr.3/4 at Brands GP, Maggiore or Dragon Trail will peak my interest.

I haven't touched Interlagos in months as I always end up with negative SR there. Anything oval, Willow Springs, Toyko generally gets ignored.

I don't really mind any, I don't race at ovals though. But I don't like seeing the same style of race every other day for weeks, like group 3 on ovals. I suppose they tend to be popular so they keep redoing them? They really do seem more common than other races

I would love to race on ovals if we had proper stock cars. But we don't. It doesn't feel right to me with a GT car

FT1 VGT @ Lago Maggiore
Renault RS01 VGT @ Lago Maggiore
Toyota 2000GT @ Lago Maggiore
Old Mustang @ Blue Moon Infield A
Corvette Road Car @ Big Willow

Ones I don't like:
All FWD onemakes.

Love:: GR.1 / GR.2 Disappointed with GR.4 and anything slower.

Love:
Nurburgring 24H, Nordschleife,
Mount Panorama,
Brand's hatch GP,
Big Willow,
Monza,
Tokyo East Outer loop

Disappointed:
Interlagos
Lago Maggiorre
BB raceway/ Bluemoon bay / Northern isle speedway
Nurb GP
Alsace

...Tsukuba, such a waste. :(

The 24 laps Gr.4 race at Tsukuba was really fun though!
Everyone was jumping on the Lancer hype train, while I owned them in my WRX :)

The track would be great for Gr.B races too I guess?!
But more of them please.

But for the rest: Alsace, BB, Big Willow, Bluemoon bay and Tokyo are tracks I never race on. Also the small Suzuka version is kind of boring.

My favorite has to be Gr.3/4 at Interlagos and Lago Maggiore :)

I tend to race based on the tracks and less on the cars. I do pick Gr.3/Gr.1/Gr.4 races more often than any of the road car races, but it's still really about the track. As a result I almost always race in B or C races. However, I did REALLY enjoy driving the 2000GT on Maggiorre Center II. It seems like that car is perfect for that track, as much as a road car can be anyway.

I love, in this order:
Interlagos
Maggiorre (any variation)
Nurb GP
Dragontrail Seaside
Alsace Village
Tsukuba
Willow Springs Big Willow
Kyoto Yamagiwa+Miyabi
Kyoto Yamagiwa

I dislike:
Nurb24
All of Tokyo (I enjoy the tracks and know them well, but they are a nightmare to race on unless literally everyone is really clean)
Streets of Willow Springs
Suzuka
Mount Panorama
Northern Isle (so boring)
BB (almost as boring as the Isle)
Monza (also not a bad track, just messy in daily races)
Rally sucks.

Last edited:
Love

BB Raceway, Blue Moon Bay group 3
Maggiorre group 1,2,3,4
Bathurst group 2,3
Dragon Trail group 2,3,4
Alsace group 2,3,4
Suzuka group 1,2,3,4
Big Willow group 4
Blue Moon Bay infield A group 1,2,3,4
Kyoto+Yamagiwa group 2,3,4
Interlagos group 2,3,4
Tsukuba group 4 or interesting N class cars

Hate

Brands Hatch GP
Nurb GP
Interlagos group 1
Bathurst group 4
Big Willow group 3 or B
Kyoto driving park
Karts

I’m happy when I see anything really as long as it isn’t an oval tbh

Particularly happy with
Monza
Tokyo expressway (big straight)

Other main stream tracks that people enjoy I’m happy to see but prefer Monza and Tokyo cos I seem to be extra competitive there

Don’t like -
Anything road car
Tokyo
Bathurst
Ovals

Like -
All other tracks
Everything else GR 4,3,2
GR1 is good but cockpit view is comprised

I Love;
Nordschleife
Tokyo Expressway
Maggiorre (any variation except for standard reverse one)
Mount Panorama
Dragons Trail seaside & gardens
Bluemoon raceway
Kyoto Yamagiwa

I'm lukewarm on;
Alsace
Interlagos
Kyoto Yamagiwa+Miyabi
Tsukuba
Brand Hatch love the track, not so keen on it in sport mode
Monza, again love the track, not so keen on it in sport mode

I dislike:
Suzuka- need a lot more practice
Willow Springs- just no
Nurburgring GP- very boring
Northern Isle
Rallying because the racing model is awful

Also, I avoid most races in road cars

Last edited:
I love most races in Gr. 1-3. Even Blue Moons oval is okay in Gr. 3 cars. Gr. 4 is a bit too slow, though i do enjoy it on some of the smaller courses - the race on Dragon Trail Gardens the other day was great fun.

Always love seeing:
Lago Maggiore
Interlagos
Dragon Trail
Mount Panorama
Blue Moon Infield
Nordschleife
Suzuka
Kyoto Yamigawa/ Yamigawa+Miyabi
Tsukuba

Not super keen on:
Monza - Great track, but not so great in daily races)
Nürb GP - Haven't tried it post patch, but was never a fan of the abuse of run off areas that the game allowed
Blue Moon Oval in Gr. 3 - Again, it's ok, but ovals will never be as exciting as road courses.

Usually steer clear off:
BB
Northern Isle
Willow Springs
Tokyo Expressway
Alsace
Anything rally

and i usually avoid road cars for sport mode, although i do love them outside of that.

Favorites:
Group 3 or Group 4
Dragon Trail (Seaside & Gardens), Brands Hatch GP, Suzuka, Monza, Nurburgring (GP or 24h), Mount Panorama, Kyoto&Yamigawa
Prefer the longer Daily C race where tire wear & fuel come into play.

In the middle:
Group 2 and Group 1
Lago Maggiore, Interlagos, Tsukuba

Least Favorites:
Road Cars and Group X
Ovals, Tokyo, Willow Springs

EDIT:
I completely left out Group B and the rally course stuff. I normally love dirt/rally racing but in GT Sport I avoid it if at all possible. Aside from playing the Challenges in Circuit Experience and the Driver Tests, which I did as few times as was required for me to achieve the gold rating.

The 24 laps Gr.4 race at Tsukuba was really fun though!
[...]

But for the rest: Alsace, BB, [...], Bluemoon Bay and Tokyo are tracks I never race on. Also the small Suzuka version is kind of boring.
Agreed, even tho Suzuka East can be fun from time to time. The Infield versions of Blue Moon are really nice, too ;)
You forgot Northern Isle btw

My favorite has to be Gr.3/4 at Interlagos and Lago Maggiore :)
*Nordschleife and Suzuka :P

Like:
Monza, Yamagiwa, Yamagiwa+Miyabi, Nurb GP, Nurb Nords, Suzuka, Interlagos, Dragon Trail Seaside, Maggiore main layout, Tsukuba
Hate:
All other tracks

I'm okay with all the tracks I like in Gr. 4 and 3, but 2 and 1 that shrinks down to Nurb GP, DT, and Monza
Hate everything

Love sambabus racing on Tokyo. Are you reading this PD?
Tokyo East

My favorite races are Gr.3 and Gr.1 at Nurb GP, Kyoto, Dragon Trail, Suzuka. I think that’s it! And I actually love racing at Blue Moon, but it’s kind of frustrating when people keep changing lanes like Max Verstappen.

Latest Posts

Back