Favorite Aspect of GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 38 comments
  • 2,714 views
Messages
1,973
United States
Florida - USA
Messages
Flsurffisher
I recently found mine and I've actually been playing since Feb. Stated once then started over in April.

It's driving cars the can "slide" in any Seasonal with Toscana. Awesome course and when you can drive a Shelby Cobra 427 or Lambo Gallardo with Sport Tires you're in for a thrill ride! I don't know if others drive it the same way but when I can throw the wheel over on a turn and get into a drift and slide into the next straight, wow! Fun! I know it slows you down and takes time off your lap but...it's a cool thing to do and acutally win the race! That course is built for drift cars!
 
It's probably the graphics TBH. Not that that's saying much =P
 
I think it's the variety of cars. We can have almost anything between karts and F1 cars, and with the addition of the NASCAR rides, several new supercars and those aforementioned karts, it really feels even better.
 
Variety of racing and physics. It also looks great :)
 
Detail of the premium cars. I can stare at them all day in the new car dealership.

But that's about it.
 
Turning off all HUD elements and driving the Jaquar XJ-13, Ford Mark IV, or Shelby Cobra '66 427.
 
Setting up the cars is really fun to me..I've only been trying it myself for a week and although im still learning how everything works with the suspension and LSD, its really awsome taking a classic 70s muscle car and making it no longer corner like its wheels were melted in place!
 
Driving any racecar with all aids off on the nurburgring at night with a slight drissle of rain.
 
I love to drive slowly in the green hell, looking the landscape and the little details, is almost therapeutical....
 
jaycee_xr3
I love to drive slowly in the green hell, looking the landscape and the little details, is almost therapeutical....

I wanna try that.. i think ill call up one of my Camaros and take that drive
 
I love driving my Mclaren F1 in it's cockpit view because I can finally drive my favourite car of all time in GT5.
 
Driving any racecar with all aids off on the nurburgring at night with a slight drissle of rain.

That sounds like a lot of fun and really tough to find.
 
Cockpit Mode on an HD widescreen. I wish I had that TV back. Just beautiful sounds and images, it's beautiful.

My other is one corner of the Nurburgring, where you see a small cottage and behind it is a mountain of trees. I've stopped there during races just to take it all in.
 
That sounds like a lot of fun and really tough to find.

Actually it happens to me more often than you'd expect when hot lapping on the 24h layout with time weather change.
 
Kool Mode D
I love driving my Mclaren F1 in it's cockpit view because I can finally drive my favourite car of all time in GT5.

Yeah buddy.
To be honest my favourite thing to do though is take a car (premium) around any track with no HUD and just drive with the cockpit view. Gives me that same wow feeling I got watching all those trailers before 24th November 2010.
 
The cars. Whether it's premium or standard.
The fantasy track.
Oh, the driving physic and of course, the graphic. ;)
 
I forgot, the slow, calming, beautiful jazz. It makes the game so serene, so stable, nothing like the pumped-up adrenaline crap we see today. A game to take slow, and to relax and drive.

I mean how often has GT5 made you want to smash your PS3? Probably not a whole lot.
 
The fact that the game has almost all my ALL TIME favourite cars :)
 
All the new features they offered.
Except for that car trading limitations.
 
*The Nurburgring, Suzuka, Monza, Fuji, Tsukuba, Indy. All the real life tracks that PD did correctly.

*Grand Valley. It's the one fictional track that is very real to me. It's a blast.

*Premium cars. Cockpit views on premiums still make me say "wow". Little things like being able to toggle between hi beams and lo beams on the headlights and being able to control the windscreen wipers on premiums make it fun for me. A premium car with cockpit view running on the Nurburgring at night is just so awesome.

*Cars with the correct sounds. There's plenty that do have the correct sounds and that makes it really fun for me. Been driving a Subaru 22B a lot lately. I can drive that car for hours listening to that exhaust note!
 
The HD graphics on 60 fps makes you immerse in the game, specially in premium cars. It's beautiful!
 
The whole freakin game!

It's just amazing the graphics,the cars, the physics, the community..
 
The online is pretty good. Sure it could be a bit better, but for me atleast it runs fairly smooth with little to no lag. Probably best online racer on the console. Plus its great when you get involved into leagues which adds alot of fun factor to it.

I think the thing I love the most is running 24h Nurburgring or 24h Le Mans. I just love the sunrise and sunset. Running the cars through the night with limited visibility. Seeing the fog in the air during sunrise and the long shadows of the sunset. Man its awesome. All thats missing is smell of tire rubber and racing fuel. Got some great photomode pics of many different cars on these two tracks.
 
It's GT. The one, the only. That's what makes it for me. And everything mentioned above by others. And the logo. Love it.
 
It seems there's so much I love....

----------------------

-As above, shem says how it's GT. And it is. Gran Turismo, from the first to now, has so much emotion and character. It's a dream. A dream of having accurate cars at you fingertips. And the emotion, my god.

-Emotion. While we all mindlessly plod in our cars for money, you have to take some time and watch the 3 videos in GTTV. GT isn't perfect, but the GT Short Ending, has actually brought tears to my eyes. Go ahead and call me some silly pansy, but there's something about it that supercedes today's modern video game. Not some big sales device (although it does sell well), but a raw experience. An immersion.

-The GT logo. I see the logo and I see everything that had formed my love for cars now. And it's mysterious- the logo holds an opening to the past and future.

-The fact that GT isn't like games such as Need For Speed, which is completely focused on its content. No, there's no Porsche, or Spa, or this or that. But I already love what it has. I'll play other car games- but GT is always the priority, because it has the dream of a man behind it.

Thank you Kazunori Yamauchi.
 
Back