Favorite Aspect of GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 38 comments
  • 2,714 views
It seems there's so much I love....

----------------------

-As above, shem says how it's GT. And it is. Gran Turismo, from the first to now, has so much emotion and character. It's a dream. A dream of having accurate cars at you fingertips. And the emotion, my god.

-Emotion. While we all mindlessly plod in our cars for money, you have to take some time and watch the 3 videos in GTTV. GT isn't perfect, but the GT Short Ending, has actually brought tears to my eyes. Go ahead and call me some silly pansy, but there's something about it that supercedes today's modern video game. Not some big sales device (although it does sell well), but a raw experience. An immersion.
-The GT logo. I see the logo and I see everything that had formed my love for cars now. And it's mysterious- the logo holds an opening to the past and future.

-The fact that GT isn't like games such as Need For Speed, which is completely focused on its content. No, there's no Porsche, or Spa, or this or that. But I already love what it has. I'll play other car games- but GT is always the priority, because it has the dream of a man behind it.

Thank you Kazunori Yamauchi.

The bold, yea man that clip or the ring and the music and just everything about it is so beautiful and far away from other games you really can feel the love and passion that went into the game, rather than a passion for the money that comes from said game.

GT5 is a beautiful experience.
 
The simple fact of it being Gran Turismo. Yes, I do have some dislikes about it but they aren't game breaking for me and I adapt. In all the previous GT games you can't say that there wasn't atleast one thing you didnt like. Except back then there was no patching, so there wasn't as many people complaining about fix this or fix that blah blah blah, you just learned to love it for what it was. For me every edition of GT is a masterpiece in its own way, and remains my favorite game series of all time.

As simple as it sounds I also love the fact of being able to turn your windshield wipers on and off, as well as being able to switch lights between high and low.
 
I forgot, the slow, calming, beautiful jazz. It makes the game so serene, so stable, nothing like the pumped-up adrenaline crap we see today. A game to take slow, and to relax and drive.

I mean how often has GT5 made you want to smash your PS3? Probably not a whole lot.

My PS3 not a whole lot, my controller or wheel is a whole different story though, but that's just due to driver error.

And finally someone who gets the jazz music !!!!! It's meant to set the scene of serenity and it's beautiful music to accompany the beautiful cars ( btw i'm a hip-hop/rock music fan) and yet i still appreciate not having some loud punk band or rap music while waiting in loading screens..
 
I forgot, the slow, calming, beautiful jazz. It makes the game so serene, so stable, nothing like the pumped-up adrenaline crap we see today. A game to take slow, and to relax and drive.

And finally someone who gets the jazz music !!!!! It's meant to set the scene of serenity and it's beautiful music to accompany the beautiful cars ( btw i'm a hip-hop/rock music fan) and yet i still appreciate not having some loud punk band or rap music while waiting in loading screens..

I have to agree about the music. I can't count how many times during my work day that I find myself humming/whistling the music from the menu's. I still catch myself humming the menu music from GT2. Ohhh, it doesn't get any better than the GT2 menu music. :)
 
-> For me its balance, emotion, passion, and the soul of the game that made GT so epic overall.

BT -> In GT5 there were slight misses compared GT's of the past. But the balance and feel of the cars and tracks in the game is what separates GT5 from other games. If GT4 had applied the same physics structure as GT3 or GTPSP, then that game would've been the bench, but it wasn't.
 
First thing I did when I got GT5 was to turn off all music. In race and in the menus.
 
Back