Favorite Car Class

  • Thread starter Thread starter ESCUDO 1800hp
  • 31 comments
  • 2,131 views

What are your favorite car classes?

  • Karts

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Historic non-racing, non-sports cars (Kubelwagen, SUBURU 360, Fiat 500 '65)

    Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Everyday Street Cars (Toyota Yaris, Honda Civic)

    Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Sports Cars (Corvette, Viper, 350Z)

    Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Luxury / GT cars (Maserati GranTurismo, Jaguar XKR Coupe, BMW M5)

    Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Supercars (Enzo Ferrari, Lexus LFA, Lamborghini SuperVeloce)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Tuner Cars (RUF YellowBird, Carbon R, S2000 GT1)

    Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Touring Cars / JGTC (Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02, Honda ARTA NSX '06)

    Votes: 26 19.5%
  • NASCAR

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • "Classic Cars" (Superbird, Challenger '70, Jensen Interceptor)

    Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Dirt / WRC / Rally Cars (Escudo, C4 WRC, Lancer Super Rally Car)

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Concept Cars

    Votes: 2 1.5%
  • F1 / FGT

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • "Slow" Race Cars (Honda Civic Race Car '87, Anything around 250,000 credits or less)

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • "Fast" Race Cars (787B, R92CP, 905, GT-One)

    Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Other

    Votes: 11 8.3%

  • Total voters
    133
Messages
274
Hi guys, I did a search for the topic and was surprised to come up empty, so I decided to do it myself.

What is your favorite car class? I'm curious to see what everyone likes.

And I would like to apologize for some of my poor car terminology in the poll, as I am not a "car guy" except for when it comes to Gran Turismo!

Edit: apparently I botched the poll, and only allow 1 choice. If you are really having trouble deciding, ask yourself one of the following questions instead:
1. What type of race would I enjoy playing right now?
2. If I could only play with one of these car classes for a week, what one would I pick?

You can do it. Picking a choice isn't the same as signing a contract that you can't play with the other cars and then being remotely monitored by Kaz himself..
 
Last edited:
You listed my favorite car: Maserati GranTurismo. 👍

Super GT300 & GT500 (Lexus) are my favorite to drive.
 
I cannot decide at all, there are way too many favorites from all across the spectrum for me:boggled:
 
I voted other because I like driving all kinds of cars.
 
GT500/300 for me personally, love the RM models as well.
 
Yeah I guess it's too late to allow multiple selection. Sorry guys.
No worries, seems like a good topic. Wouldn't mind seeing a new thread with the intended poll.

I picked Touring cars/JGTC. Nice combination of speed, power, handling, and cool looking cars.

Fact is, though, I like them all!
 
^ I've PM'ed a mod;)

Guess I'll vote for "Other" in this case:D
 
GT300 cars for sure. Circa 300hp with super grip makes them an absolute pleasure to drive. The IS350 and Gairaiya are the best of the bunch, but I wish there were more.
 
I voted other, as there is no "all" option. 👍
 
WRC Cars, I just love dirt and snow racing, and the cars are generally not half bad
 
I like "sporty" cars like hot hatches, and sports cars, mostly older or cheaper ones the most. Though I certainly pull out a race car or a supercar every so often and turn out a few hot laps.
 
Concept cars. Yes I actually do like the Mutsubishi HSR.
Nearly all the concept cars are really sweet I think.

I'd love to see the Italdesign Nazca C2, yes the one that was in NFS3. I'm pretty sure that was only a concept but it was totally wicked. :)
 
Everyday street cars. I like tuning them to beat cars 3 times their value!
 
GT500 I think is my favourite class. Closely followed by GT300 and DTM and then Group C.
 
Definately sports cars, followed by supercars and everyday cars. I really couldn't care less about race cars and only drive them if I have to for a certain race. Least favorite would be concept cars. They just clutter up my garage and never get used. :crazy:
 
I'm a big fan of the fantasy LM cars, so Touring cars I guess.
 
I just like to drive in average little cars, such as my 106, or TA22 Celica.
 
I drive my F1 cars the most, except the Ferrari F1s since there is almost no place to drive them. I'd drive them far more than my Formula Gran Turismo though.
 
I picked "other". I love almost every single car class in this game except for karts.
 
I have always loved luxury cars, particularly the Maserati GranTurismo S.:)
 
The only thing that touches my heart is the classic F1 Turbo Era with a mix of classic Lemans race cars.
 
There should be an "All of the above" option. Seriously. GT5's physics mean even throwing a steaming pile of poo on wheels around a track is tons of fun.
 
I voted Supercars. Wy?, well to quote James May : "some cars just give me a fizzying feeling inside me" and well supercars does it for me.
 
I voted fast race cars. I really enjoy driving LMP race cars on the 24 hour Circuit de la Sarthe.
 
I like the "affordable" sports cars like RX7 or S2000 and fast estates Stagea Autech or Audi RS4 etc. I used to try them "straight out of the box" on Nordshleife and Tsukuba than I tune them in a "all the best stuff in" style and try them again on the same tracks.
My other love is any LM version of different cars.
 
Historic non racing cars, I keep them in my favourites for novelty. Very hard to find a race where people use these cars though!
 
Back