Favorite gr.4 and gr.3 cars

• Thread starter DC2_Evan
  • 67 comments
United States
Ohio
OnlySlightlyBad
OnlySlightlyBad
What are your favorite cars to use in gr.4 and gr.3? Maybe not the fastest but ones you like driving. Personally in gr.4 I really like the Corvette. I like the way it drives and I used it alot on Forza 6 and 7 so I feel like I have a good understanding of how the car reacts to things. I don't do much gr.3 racing so I don't really have a favorite there yet but I would like to hear your thoughts.

Evo/lexus. I like both in both categories
I think I have driven the Lexus before and it seems to be a pretty good car. Can't say I've used the Evo outside of gr.b

Viper in both. Now I try Lexus but I am sure I will come back to Dodge.
I've seen the Viper used quite a bit and I've been wanting to give it a go. Seems like a good car. Is the sound pretty realistic? That v10 screams

I like both the Corvette and Viper, however, the Citroen GT in both Gr.3 and Gr.4 are my favorite when I want to just grind out some miles.

I like both the Corvette and Viper, however, the Citroen GT in both Gr.3 and Gr.4 are my favorite when I want to just grind out some miles.
Is the Citroen GT competitive online? I've only used it on a handful of single player races

458 Gr. 4, GT-R, Z4, NSX, Beetle Gr. 3. I might be biased, though, because I found some awesome liveries for those :D
That's part of the reason I like the Corvette in gr.4 so much. I found a livery based off the c5.r in the ALMS series back in the day and its awesome :D:D

My favorite Gr. 3 was the Peugeot RCZ before all that weight got added in a BoP update. The handling was fantastic, even if straight line speed wasn't very good.

Gr. 4, I'm a Subaru fan, so the WRX is always a favorite, but I'm not able to compete with it. The Cayman is a pleasure to drive, but not competitive at all. I have been enjoying the Toyota 86 recently.

My favorite Gr. 3 was the Peugeot RCZ before all that weight got added in a BoP update. The handling was fantastic, even if straight line speed wasn't very good.

Gr. 4, I'm a Subaru fan, so the WRX is always a favorite, but I'm not able to compete with it. The Cayman is a pleasure to drive, but not competitive at all. I have been enjoying the Toyota 86 recently.
I would really like to use the Cayman as I am a huge Porsche fan, but its a shame its not competitive for Sport Mode :(

Used to be Genesis for Gr.3 and Gr.4 with a mix of WRX Gr.4 and SLS Gr.4.

Recently moved to SLS for Gr.3 and Gr.4. Love 'em both.

Gr. 3
Porsche RSR
BMW M6 (probably my overall favourite, have had over half my wins with it)
Nissan GTR

Gr. 4
BMW M4
Nissan GTR

This thread could benefit from a poll

For me it's always

Gr3 - Dodge Viper
Gr4 - Dodge Viper

I've tried other cars and I've been burned.
I'll have to do that, I didn't think of that before. I'll set one up later.

Gr. 3
Porsche RSR
BMW M6 (probably my overall favourite, have had over half my wins with it)
Nissan GTR

Gr. 4
BMW M4
Nissan GTR
I've used the M4 quite a bit and I was pretty happy with it.

Somehow i ended up with the Gr3 M6, i think it was my love/hate relation on the Nurnberg trying to get gold that ended up being mostly love.. not that i win a lot with it.. And in my own livery of course.

GR4. the 86.. mostly because i like how i made it look or the Ferrari because it sounds awesome..

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171127225703.png
20180317193636.jpg

86. I think it's the only manual car in the Group(still haven't tried all the cars. Handles real nice.

'17 RC F. Makes good sound, has grunt and has a good cockpit view. The inside rear view mirror, is in the perfect position.

Last edited:
Gr.4 always the GT-R.
Gr.3 most of the time the GT-R, but i gotta say i switch cars alot lately because the GT-R is so hard to drive around some tracks with a DS4...
So i switch between AMG GT, M6 or Viper.

I used to love the NSX’s but they changed the handling a few updates ago. Now they even got buffs and I’m driving them but the joy is definitely reduced.

In GT3 I think I like the McLaren most right now, she’s got great turn in.

Gr. 4 is the Lexus and Citroen- love them to bits!
I also got attached to the M4 during its dominance, not because I actually like the car, but because I like to associate myself with that car in a specific livery (Even had a name: Weebar)
Gr. 3 is definitely the McLaren 458S for me, as well as the Evo :)

458 Gr. 4, GT-R, Z4, NSX, Beetle Gr. 3. I might be biased, though, because I found some awesome liveries for those :D

I can be biased like that. I drive in what liveries i can reproduce and recolour. Started using gr.3 4C.

QUOTE="kjeldsen, post: 12281269, member: 29217"]GR4. the 86.. mostly because i like how i made it look[/QUOTE]

I made my 86 into a gazoo racing tofu racer.

Was the Lexus but as it’s popularity grew, I found myself driving the Vipers. Then the NSX got a tiny boost and the MR setup really appeals to how I drive so I use that a fair bit in Gr4, usually any one of those three between Gr3&4. Used the GTR N24 last night at blue moon and it was a delight, got a few wins also, probably wouldn’t use it on a “proper” track though.

The Gr.3 is difficult on the exit of the curve. A little moment to early on throttle and you will spin.
I can see that. I usually end up using TC 2 because I spin in almost anything lol. I wish the my pedals were a little more linear in power delivery.

Back