Favorite Gran Turismo Intro

  • Thread starter Thread starter Parnelli Bone
  • 42 comments
  • 3,383 views

Favorite GT Intro


  • Total voters
    91

Parnelli Bone

www.gtcarreviews.com
Premium
Messages
10,558
United States
Columbia, MD.
Messages
Parnelli_Bones
I've barely even played GT5, but I already have strong opinions about certain things, and I don't think there's a "favorite intro" poll yet, so here goes. :)

After all this time, and all these editions of GT, my fave is still GT1. There's something about it that STILL gets me simply pumped to race. The Chemical Brothers remake song is also my favorite GT opening song. The entire presentation (music, video, editing) gives me goosebumps to this day, despite the original GT's crappier graphics.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying GT5's intro sucks or anything. But it's more like watching a documentary on PBS (Public Broadcasting System TV) at first than it is an intro to a racing game. I sat there going "oh, that's nice", but didn't feel especially psyched to get in a car while watching GT5's intro the way I feel when watching GT's intro.

I like the piano in GT5's intro, but it is a little repetitive. But then I can't stand the song that follows it! I'm not sure who the artist is, but I had to turn the volume down after like a minute of it.
 
Last edited:
I like the piano, but I can't stand the song that follows it. I'm not sure who the artist is, but I had to turn that song DOWN after about a minute.

That's My Chemical Romance, and yes, they suck ballz :yuck:

I voted for GT3 for Feeder. GT4 was epic but I didn't like Reason is Treason much, and GT3 was nothing short of good, hence my vote. :sly:
 
Gt1/2/3
 
If I'm honest, I haven't watched the GT5 one yet. I may do later. In fact, I don't really watch the intro to most games unless it forces me to. I just want to play :)
 
Another vote for GT3 - because of Feeder! I found that intro always got me amped up to race (even if GT3 wasn't all that great in my opinion!)

I also must admit I do have a soft spot for the Concept Tokyo-Geneva intro too - I liked the music and the intro was simple and clean!
 
I love love love the new intro!!! Of course the second parts music is awful bit the first part is amazing!!!

The amount of detail it took to male the first part of the gt5 intro is just awesome, I can only imagine how long it took to make just that.
 
GT3 by a mile, it had that slow build to the adreniline pumping racing.

Plus Lenny Kravitz was a whole lot better than the crap that is on the GT5 intro, I will even say the soundtrack in GT3 was the best out of the series.
 
That's My Chemical Romance, and yes, they suck ballz :yuck:

Ah, My Chemical Romance. Thanks.

I voted for GT3 for Feeder. GT4 was epic but I didn't like Reason is Treason much, and GT3 was nothing short of good, hence my vote. :sly:

I always forget different markets get different intro music. Yea, I'd rather have Feeder for an intro than Lenny.


GT3 by a mile, it had that slow build to the adreniline pumping racing.

Yea, I agree, in fact I would say GT3 is my 2nd fave because of the way it uses imagery and has a "slow build" as you call it. GT1 has a slow build, too, but not as slow as GT3's.
 
GT2's intro is epic, the music fits perfectly and I still play the game, sometimes just to watch that intro. As for GT5, I actually really like the MCR bit, it seems quite epic to me. The first part is nice but just really boring once you've seen it more than a few times.
 
GT2 hands down best intro. Really got the blood pumping. :trouble:

Love that song "My Favorite Game".

..
 
GT3 A-spec. I liked the opening and 'Just a day' by Feeder, fits in very well with the movie. 👍
 
GT 1
GT 2

i would say three as well but that song they used killed it

:nervous:
 
I would have to say GT2.
 
Am I the only one that thinks the intro song is quite alright?

It feels like most people hate the song just because it's composed by My Chemical Romance.
 
I'd have to say GT1. The video's great and the Chemical Brothers remix of Everything Must Go makes it even better in my opinion 👍
 
Tie up between 1 and 2 for me, I'm edging slightly towards 1
 
Wow, as I write this, GT2 has taken the lead by several points over the others! I really didn't expect that!

GT2: 13

GT3: 8

GT1: 5

GT4: 3

GT5: 2

All others: zero

Am I the only one that thinks the intro song is quite alright?

It feels like most people hate the song just because it's composed by My Chemical Romance.

Actually, I hated it and had no idea who the artist is until somebody here mentioned it's MCR. I don't really know their stuff, therefore I'm definitely not biased by who they are as a band. I could have heard one of their other tunes on the radio at some point, liked it, but didn't know who it was. I just don't like the tune which opens GT5.
 
Thinking about it, GT5 Prologue (Japanese version) may be slightly better in the immediate adrenaline rush for me, as daiki kasho is simply awesome. But it's just not GT without Moon Over The Castle, so I'm sticking with GT5 (Japanese version), which I have cued up on YouTube. I watch that over that MCR mess (American version) which as I said before can rot in Hell.

We need the option to play any region's version of the intro, or even produce our own.
 
Moon Over The Castle, That song can Pump me up for anything. Gran Turismo 4 Japan Version and Europe had it.
 
GT2 hands down best intro. Really got the blood pumping. :trouble:

Love that song "My Favorite Game".

..

Best intro.

I love that guitar kicking it, counterpointed with the female vocals.
 
GT5 Japanese Intro but obviously the best "oldschool" one is GT2 :)
 
Last edited:
GT2 no question


my favorite game is perfect
 
I'll have to say GT2 is the best. The visuals really match the visuals. And Nina Persson has the kind of sultry voice that I love in a woman.

GT4 and GT5 are pretty much tied for me. I love the use of Kasabian in GT4, but while the introduction might be Moon Over the Castle, it's far too dramatic, and unlike GT2, it doesn't match up with the visuals (but some of them, like the cars charging out of the La Sarte pit, are great). As for GT5, I thought I'd hate the use of Planetary (GO!) because it's My Chemical Romance and far too poppy, but it's actually a good choice. Especially after that inane piano piece (the sequence would have been great - on mute - if it hadn't been borrowed from Lord of War).

GT1 is probably my least favourite. The backing music is just noise, and some of the visuals look like they were done on a minimum budget after most of the money had been blown on footage that follows the white line and the grid. As for GT3, I don't really know what to make of it. The song choice is terrible, marginally better than GT1's, but is probably the least-aligned with the visuals of the series. And the opening sequence inside the engine feels like it's trying way too hard to fit as a James Bond title sequence; I kept expecting the spark plugs to ignite and sparks take the form of dancing girls.
 
GT4 Japanese version with Moon Over The Castle. The orchestral piece is just epic ! 👍
 
Did all the English speaking countries get the same music this time around or is it different like all the other ones for different continents?
 
Gran Turismo 2
The Cardigans - My Favourite Game [Not the remix]
 
GT5 Japanese Intro :)

This. I actually saw the Japanese intro before the North American one and I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed after. The Cardigans are great, but the piano music and the whole montage felt perfect.
 
I like all the intros and their various versions, but the first one blew me away. Everything. Must. Go.
 
Last edited:
Back