Favorite Gran Turismo Intro

  • Thread starter Thread starter Parnelli Bone
  • 42 comments
  • 3,383 views

Favorite GT Intro


  • Total voters
    91
gt4
 
Gotta say...If there was a HD version of GT2's intro, it wouldn't even be close.
 
GT3, cause it was AWESOME, it had the starting "realism", showing the inner workings of the engine; and Feeder was awesome.

BUT, the GT5 Japanese version is pretty damned good. I vote GT3 because, well, we don't get the Japanese intro. But, if we did have it, I'd vote GT5; and ONLY for the second half. The whole start up "production process" was too long and tedious... and I'm pretty sure it was a TOYOTA PRIUS being built, which RUINS it.

Take us through the Pagani/Lamborghini/Ferrari process and maybe we'll like it? Amiright? :)
 
I think the first NA one is the best, although the second NA one is pretty good too. Not a fan of the current stuff.
 
Gt2 and GT3 intros are actually the only ones that could keep me from skipping them when I justed wanted to do a quick drive. Especially GT3 in the European version with Feeder.
Speaking of Feeder: Am I right in assuming that GT5 is the first full GT without Feeder contributing to the Soundtrack?
 
I was impressed and surprised with the new intro. Very artsy, not the usual racing footage I would've expected. Of course, for me the real GT5 intro is the first part with the piano. I reckon the second part was just slapped on by evil marketing types who "take out the love, and put in the money".

Actually the GT5 intro reminds me of Godfrey Reggio's timelapse films. That alone is a high compliment, especially for a video game. 👍
 
The GT5 Intro is my favorite, because the second half get's me soo pumped! I don't see why OP doesn't like the song :/
 
I don't see why OP doesn't like the song :/
Because it's My Chemical Romance - wannabe punk that is little more than try-hard pop music for tweens who think they know how the world works because they occasionally feel a bit blue. At least, that's the general perception of them, and it's not wrong. But Planetary (GO!) is isn't automatically a bad song just because they sing it. I'd rather listen to My Chemical Romance than Fallout Boy, if only because My Chemical Romance's lyrics actually make sense. Most of the time.
 
I'd still rate GT1 (European version) as the best intro - The song is just epic and really goes with the video just right. Second place would be GT4 (again European version) - Kasabian sound great on that intro. Also an honourable mention to GT3, as Feeder are brilliant, and every GT game should feature them somewhere. I'm not sure why GT2 seems to be getting so many votes though, I can only recall sitting through it about twice!

I do like the latest one, but because the first part of it lasts so long, I can't see myself sitting through it all the time - not like I used to on GT1, 3 and 4.
 
GT:PSP without doubt.



Download the fully rendered version in Gran Turismo TV
 
Last edited:
The GT5 Intro is my favorite, because the second half get's me soo pumped! I don't see why OP doesn't like the song :/

Just a preference, really. I love the first 10 seconds of that song (My Chemical Romance) but once the dude starts singing I just turn it off. It's almost like if there wasn't a singer, I would like the tune better. But that guy's angsty voice annoys me.

I do gotta say the first part of GT5's intro is growing on me, though. The part where they build the car out of raw materials. I've watched it 3 times now. Even though it doesn't get me pumped, for some reason I watch it every time. :)
 
Last edited:
Back