Favorite non group c car for sardegna

United States
United States
So I've been playing gt7 for about 6 weeks. Ive got 211 cars so far and pushing more. I've been grinding sardgena from the moment i could. Many times im doing it while half asleep and can barely see. This happens alot when im in a 3-4 hour grind session. I have several of the group c cars and tend to run the 787B the most. I got it on the 5th and have 3336 miles on it already. However it is a bit repetitive and tedious at times. I got the Bugatti VGT 12-24 and do enjoy it too. I have 1885 miles on it. The XJR-9 has 1665 miles.

So in the thoughts of mixing it up, whats everyones favorite car for Sardegna EXCEPT group c cars (yes I know they are the fastest and considered the best) and what about the car makes you enjoy it so much?

An oddball choice but the '08 GT500 Lexus is really nice. Not the fastest, not the most effective, won't break any records but easily fast enough to do the job without any trouble and so ridiculously easy to drive that you basically only have to steer it somewhat in the right direction.

The NSX GT500 is criminally underrated in this game...

8c2018d80235ffe90cecb6963788c2cf_photo.webp

seems like a time to take a break from racing tonight just backflipped my mazda 787b coming over the hill into turn 1 at sardegna. that got my attention lol. Guy came out of the pit and swerved into me and sent me airborne. Not just a little airborne but nose pointed straight to the sky like I was ready to rocket off. Thank goodness for crash fences.

Last edited:
The NSX GT500 is criminally underrated in this game...

8c2018d80235ffe90cecb6963788c2cf_photo.webp
What build are you using? I tried praianos 1.32 build but had to set the max speed to 300 not 200 to get the transmission gearing to match. What fm settings? I did fm1 for the first lap then fm3. at the end of lap 7 I pitted then fm6 till I realized I would make it the rest of the race then fm3 then fm1 the last couple laps.

For outright pace? The 919 Hybrid.

For the fun of the cockpit view? McLaren VGT Gr.1.

For the sound? The 2008 Epson NSX :)

For the challenge? A bone stock Gr.3 car. I still haven't managed to beat it on hard with anything other than the OP RX-Vision GT3 and BRZ GT300.

For my sanity? The Daytona script...

What build are you using? I tried praianos 1.32 build but had to set the max speed to 300 not 200 to get the transmission gearing to match. What fm settings? I did fm1 for the first lap then fm3. at the end of lap 7 I pitted then fm6 till I realized I would make it the rest of the race then fm3 then fm1 the last couple laps.
Honestly, I don't tune. Maybe run BB to -3 or something, and FM & short shifting to save some gas. It's been a LONG time since I did that race but it was never a problem; always won it easy.

Audi RS5. If you short shift and roll corners a ton you'll barely have to stop for a sip of fuel and it's easy easy to make enough pace to stomp the field. Before I started with the R92CP it was my exclusive.

I like the Valkyrie, the Audi VGT and recently the swapped XJ220 is been really good for me. Also you can use the Living Legend & Escudo although I believe those are 2 stoppers.

For me: the Lexus LF LC VGT and the Ferrari F8 Tributo are my most-used Sardegna weapons. The Lexus has Gr.1 characteristics and does an easy 1-stop, even if the lap times aren't rapid, and has loads of downforce for the twisty bits up the hill. The F8 needs to be max-tuned but drives a lot like a Gr.3 car and is an absolute missile on the straights.

I am just about 5-6 months ahead of where you're at with the game and I'm nearing the finish line with my car collection (536 cars total; 475 of 491 collected). I was going to mention my first favorite car for this race, but I kept reading and you already mentioned the Bugatti VGT.
Many times im doing it while half asleep and can barely see. This happens alot when im in a 3-4 hour grind session.
I was in the same boat and the only time I wasn't getting max credits was because I would start to doze off from the monotony. Part of the reason it can be monotonous is you only have to pay attention to fuel and certain cars make it super easy to not have to worry about that even.

Now I find it much more enjoyable to rotate between at least 3-6 races to grind. That also opens a whole bunch more of my garage to grind with. 2 of the other top races to add to your credit grind are more fun and challenging either because of weather conditions or difficulty. They are far less monotonous and will keep you on your toes. But you can learn to take 1st every time with the CRB to stay efficient.

Luckily you already are doing the 2nd best grinding race in the game as far as credit efficiency. The top race is the Tokyo Rain Event race. It was one of the last ones I added to the rotation though because I couldn't even get first let alone the CRB. Once I finally passed it I was still struggling with the CRB. If you are getting the CRB only 50% of the time it becomes less efficient than Sardegna. But I have figured it out and I put together tips and suggestions for beginners to become efficient with it in this thread.

Here is another reply where I discussed 2 other races in addition to Sardegna that are in my rotation. Hope this helps with mixing things up!

Last edited:
I loved the 787 to for all the endurance type races so first I built a swapped rx-7 with the 787 motor which is tons of fun very tail happy though and than the ultimate swap is into the and 19 Mazda 3 on fm6 with good throttle Co tell you can no stop almost any race you want

The Ferrari FXX K is loads of fun there, though (if memory serves), it requires both FM 6 and fuel saving to make it 5 laps on fuel.
Yep, FM6 and short-shifting. It's the same with most of the hypercars which are competitive here.

Back