Tokyo Expressway WTC 600 (Tokyo Rain Event) Guide for Beginners

United States
Las Vegas
OneDJYouLike

TLDR: I know there are multiple 80+ page threads on this race. But I wanted to make a thread specifically for beginners who are struggling to place 1st in this race and/or get the Clean Race Bonus (CRB). I thought it was nearly impossible to complete this with auto transmission and previously was unable to place 1st before learning to drive with shifting. This was the guide I needed before learning to drive a manual. Included are 2 car recommendations and tuning suggestions so that you can easily pass this race and the CRB with an automatic.​

To be more clear this event is found under the Asia-Oceanic World Circuit at the Tokyo Expressway in Japan. This circuit appears after you Complete Menu Book 8. It is the World Touring Car 600 race that is PP600 / 12 Lap(s) with a 550,000 credit reward not including the CRB. The 600pp is not suggested but the maximum PP allowed. You can use any car in your collection as long as it is under the 600pp limit and does not have nitrous enabled. You can have nitrous installed, but must disable it in the car settings to race the car in this event. It is a race that will wear your tires down and cause you to expend fuel, so most cars will require you to manage the fuel map settings and also require you to make at least one pit stop. Because of the fuel management, it rules out any electric vehicles. This race is known for being the best race in the game when it comes to credits per hour without exploiting any current glitches. But for it to be the most efficient credit grind, you must also get the CRB.

• Players refer to it as the Tokyo Rain event because you start the race with the course wet from recent rain.
  • It will not rain during the race and the track starts to dry up within the first few laps.
  • The quicker you get into 1st place without ramming or clipping another car, the easier it is to maintain the CRB.
  • There are 3 places you will lose the most time or position. The first turn, the last turn, and the long straight between them. The 2 cars recommended here do not have a weakness in the long straight. The car I see recommended the most for this race, the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT, struggles in the long straight when using auto transmission. That car also sucks for VR which is my preferred way to experience GT7.
  • There are plenty of threads here recommending numerous vehicles and strategies for this race, most of the recommendations I have found require you to have intermediate to advanced skills and drive with a manual transmission.
  • Both cars recommended here require a simple Fuel Map 1 setting (the default) that doesn't ever need to be changed. But you must match all the suspension settings, body kits, racing parts, engine tuning parts, and custom gearbox settings found in these posts for the cars to work as intended for this race.

1. Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09 - 600 PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo Rain - SWAP - 1.39 - Collector Level 50 Required
    Credit to @KipDog for testing and discovering this vehicle to be one of if not the best options for beginners using an Automatic transmission. You can complete the entire race utilizing the default Fuel Map 1 and no pit stop is necessary. All the other vehicles here require one pit stop after laps 6 or 7. The DP-100 VGT is a vehicle that others might recommend for a no-pit stop run but you need to use manual transmission for that and this vehicle is faster regardless if you have learned to use shifting. Plus you can drive in the Cockpit view if that is your preference and that view is unavailable for the DP-100. The only issue is this tuning does require an engine swap. To open up the ability to buy any Engine Swap you need to reach Collector Level 50. Unless you happen to win the M97/80-911 with a roulette ticket. That is the only way before reaching Collector Level 50 that you can tune this car in the manner required for it to perform as a top vehicle here.
  2. Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone '67 - 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo Rain event - 1.39 - Collector Level 6 and Menu Book 17 Required
    @praiano63 describes it as "In my opinion the best option for this event, speed x driving pleasure x easy to manage x wonderful drivable cockpit view and sound." I agree and this has been one of my favorites for this event and was happy to discover it provides an easy win with automatic transmission following the strategy tips below. The only issue is its cost and limited availability in the Legend Car Dealership. Legend Car Dealership opens up after Menu Book 17 and not all cars are available all the time. They rotate on a 2-3 month schedule. I provided the Porsche below for this reason, but you should do everything to buy this car as soon as you see it available.
  3. Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01- 600PP - Sport Hard tires - All Track / Tokyo - 1.32 - Collector Level 6 required
    Praiano describes this as a very performant and pleasant drive in Tokyo. I agree and it is less than a VGT car including all the upgrades and available at any time in the Porsche Brand Dealership. I still prefer the Lamborghini whether driving manual or automatic but this is a great 2nd option if you can't purchase that car yet.

* Tested these vehicles again on 2/19/2024 for the entire race to ensure Update 1.42 didn't nerf them. They are still the best options for this guide.
    ** More vehicles have been suggested throughout the thread if you are having any issues with these. I have also tested and added 6 additional vehicles below in this main post. The guide is also here to help you add this race to your credit grind so you have more variety instead of only grinding Sardegna over and over again with the same vehicle every time. Eventually, you should be learning to drive with manual transmission and checking the other longer threads for this race where advanced players are suggesting even more vehicles.

• For Assist Settings I recommend Traction Control 1, ABS Weak, Auto-Drive Off, Active Stability Management (ASM) Off, and Countersteering Assistance Off. The other assist settings are up to your preference.
  • You should go full throttle from the start of the race into the first turn. Stay to the left of the traffic and get close to the left wall when you enter the recommended braking area. DO NOT brake, instead, you will scrape the wall or wall-ride into the first corner. You can wait until the last second to touch the wall. Coming out of the first corner you should be down to 2nd gear and then you can follow the driving assist line. You do not need to wall-ride the 2nd corner.
  • You should manage your throttle and braking throughout the main turning sections until you start to go downhill into the last turn. If you start to spin out you are using too much throttle. After each time on the brakes, you should not slam on the throttle but ease into it.
  • The only other wall you should consider wall riding is closer to the end of the lap. It is the upward right turn into left turn combination before the final hairpin (Thanks to @Meythia for that tip). So you would ignore the braking zone on that turn and go full throttle and touch the wall at the last possible moment before it turns. Other than the 2 walls mentioned you should avoid hitting walls as they will slow you down. However, hitting any other walls by mistake though is not a reason to panic and start over. You can still win with the occasional wall tap or mistake. There are multiple times in the middle part of the race where you can and should go full throttle, but just as many points where you should be using less than full throttle.
  • (From @KAlex122 ) Don't get hasty on your first lap. I am testing cars in Tokyo at the moment and after the first corner, I am normally not better than 10th and still win relatively easily. Just try to be relatively close to the top 3 (Kokobun, Gallo, Suswillo) after the first couple of laps. Gallo pits twice and especially Suswillo seems to get slower over the race length.
  • The last turn's braking start point can vary from vehicle to vehicle. With the Lamborghini and the Porsche (997) '09, you can start braking after the recommended start point. But with the Porsche (996) '01, I would start braking where it recommends. In that last hairpin turn, you will slow down enough that you should be in 1st gear during the hairpin turn. Go easy on the throttle coming out of the turn and gradually start to increase it. This is where you are most vulnerable to spinning out with too much throttle, especially in the first few laps. Going slow through this turn is always better than screeching your tires or sliding off the track. You can lose the CRB if you hit the cones so be careful of that as well.
  • You can see how wet the track is at any point by looking at the gauge to the left of where you see your tire wear. Specifically just to the left of your back left tire.
  • With the Lamborghini, you should be able to be in 1st place straight after wall-riding that first corner. If you fall back a few positions on the last turn after being in first on lap 1, don't panic and restart. You're still OK. You should pit stop after Lap 6 and do not change tires. I refuel for 1 lap beyond what is recommended to finish the race. Then you can stop refueling for a quicker pit stop. If you somehow mess up and miss the pit stop, it is fine, you don't need to quit and restart. You can technically pit stop after lap 7 or 8 as you have plenty of fuel before then.
  • With the Porsche (996) '01, you should be able to grab 1st place easily in lap 2 after wall-riding that first corner in Laps 1 and 2. You should pit stop after Lap 6 and same tire and fuel suggestions as with the Lamborghini. Technically you can get 7 laps without a pit stop if you are not full throttle the whole race. But forgetting to pit before lap 8 and you may run out of gas.
  • With the Porsche (997) '09, it may take a few laps to grab 1st from wall riding, but typically by lap 5 you should be able to grab 1st and maintain that with no pit-stop. The other racers will all pit stop at least once but some will do it multiple times. If you get passed in the long straight don't panic because you can grab P1 right back at the wall ride towards the start of each lap.

• EDIT: I suggest doing the Circuit Experience for the Tokyo Expressway before doing this credit grind. At least the East Clockwise one. Also for each sector you get a Bronze in, it increases your reward in custom races by 2%. For each sector you get Gold in, it increases your reward by 8%. Plus it teaches you how to be faster on the track. Not to mention all the credits earned just from the Circuit Experience.
  • As much as I could have used this guide before, I am grateful the repeated failed attempts at this race forced me to learn to drive a manual transmission. My first P1 win on this race was with the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT, but only after being able to short-shift and do a no-pit stop race. I think the Lamborghini above is a much better vehicle for this race even with it requiring the 1 pit stop. I was battling from behind too much of the race and it was much harder to get the CRB. I highly recommend biting the bullet and learning to drive manually once you have conquered this race. It opens you up to a wider variety of cars and strategies to include in your credit grinding. Grinding the same race and the same car every day can get boring quickly.
  • If you are struggling to match the PP from Praiano's tuning, make sure you have matched the racing parts and rim suggestions at the top of the post. Also, make sure you have the right tuning parts like the Racing Transmission instead of the Manual Transmission or Vice Versa.

Last edited:
Expressway before doing this credit grind. At least the East Clockwise one. For each sector you get a Bronze in, it increases your reward by 2%. For each sector you get Gold in, it increases your reward by 8%. So if you can get at least Bronze in all sectors of the Layouts, you should get a nice boost to your credit reward after each win in the WTC 600. Plus it teaches you how to be faster on the track. Not to mention all the credits earned just from the Circuit Experience.
Did i miss something? I thought there are only bonuses in custom races through the CE.

I am wondering about the wallriding:
why recommend do it on the first corner but no other corner?
Do the recommended cars work best like that, or do you not want to resort to doing it too often?
Just curious, no blaming or shaming, whatever works will do.

Also about the 3 cars, I have difficulty driving that specific tune.
They dont fit my preferences and are at the same time to oversteery in slow and too understeery in fast turns for me.

Last edited:
Nice guide! I must try this with the Miura. Perhaps it is worth mentioning in the guide that the CRB can be lost in the hairpin. If I remember correctly, the white line must not be crossed. Perhaps there are also some cones that must not be touched, I cannot remember exactly.

Nice guide! I must try this with the Miura. Perhaps it is worth mentioning in the guide that the CRB can be lost in the hairpin. If I remember correctly, the white line must not be crossed. Perhaps there are also some cones that must not be touched, I cannot remember exactly.
You can cross that white line all day I have more then enough with all 4 wheels and haven't lose the crb the thing that will 100% lose you the CRB is touching the red cones.

Here is a sample of it.

Last edited:
Did i miss something? I thought there are only bonuses in custom races through the CE.
Yes. You are correct. My mistake. I will edit.

Interesting. Didn't realize that. I will edit and add that.

I am wondering about the wallriding:
why recommend do it on the first corner but no other corner?
Do the recommended cars work best like that, or do you not want to resort to doing it too often?
Just curious, no blaming or shaming, whatever works will do.

Also about the 3 cars, I have difficulty driving that specific tune.
They dont fit my preferences and are at the same time to oversteery in slow and too understeery in fast turns for me.
So I have found that hitting walls almost always causes you to lose time and speed. But this first corner is the exception. I don't believe I ever was a good enough driver to finish Lap 1 in first place no matter what vehicle I tried. That was until I did the wall-riding with the Miura on Turn 1. One of the reasons it works on this particular corner is the speed you can maintain just before riding the wall while the AI from every other vehicle is going to slow down drastically. If this were a live race and everyone was doing it, you wouldn't have the same advantage of gaining position. No other walls in the rest of the race allow the same advantage.

As far as the understeer or oversteer, on this track, I would focus on adjusting the tune for the fast turns since there are more of them. Then you just need to work on your speed and throttle for the slow turns. If you follow this guide there should be only 2 (the 2nd corner of the first turn and the hairpin at the end.) When I had to tweak a tune for oversteer, the information in Beyond the Apex about adjusting Downforce helped me fix a tune to my liking.

TLDR: I know there are multiple 80+ page threads on this race. But I wanted to make a thread specifically for beginners who are struggling to place 1st in this race and/or get the Clean Race Bonus (CRB). I thought it was nearly impossible to complete this with auto transmission and previously was unable to place 1st before learning to drive with shifting. This was the guide I needed before learning to drive a manual. Included are 2 car recommendations and tuning suggestions so that you can easily pass this race and the CRB with an automatic.​

To be more clear this event is found under the Asia-Oceanic World Circuit at the Tokyo Expressway in Japan. It is the World Touring Car 600 race that is PP600 / 12 Lap(s) with a 550,000 credit reward not including the CRB. The 600pp is not suggested but the maximum PP allowed. You can use any car in your collection as long as it is under the 600pp limit and does not have nitrous enabled. You can have nitrous installed, but must disable it in the car settings to race the car in this event. It is a race that will wear your tires down and cause you to expend fuel, so most cars will require you to manage the fuel map settings and also require you to make at least one pit stop. Because of the fuel management, it rules out any electric vehicles. This race is known for being the best race in the game when it comes to credits per hour without exploiting any current glitches. But for it to be the most efficient credit grind, you must also get the CRB.

Key Points​

• Players refer to it as the Tokyo Rain event because you start the race with the course wet from recent rain.
  • It will not rain during the race and the track starts to dry up within the first few laps.
  • The quicker you get into 1st place without ramming or clipping another car, the easier it is to maintain the CRB.
  • There are 3 places you will lose the most time or position. The first turn, the last turn, and the long straight between them. The 2 cars recommended here do not have a weakness in the long straight. The car I see recommended the most for this race, the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT, struggles in the long straight when using auto transmission. That car also sucks for VR which is my preferred way to experience GT7.
  • There are plenty of threads here recommending numerous vehicles and strategies for this race, most of the recommendations I have found require you to have intermediate to advanced skills and drive with a manual transmission.
  • Both cars recommended here require a simple Fuel Map 1 setting (the default) that doesn't ever need to be changed.

Recommended Cars with Praiano Tuning​

1. Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone '67 - 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - Tokyo Rain event - 1.39 - Praiano describes it as "In my opinion the best option for this event, speed x driving pleasure x easy to manage x wonderful drivable cockpit view and sound." I agree and this is now my favorite for this event and was happy to discover it provides an easy win with automatic transmission following the strategy tips below. The only issue is its cost and limited availability in the Legend Car Dealership. I provided the Porsche below for this reason, but you should do everything to buy this car as soon as you can. I believe there are less than 24 hours left it is available from the time of this posting. You may have to wait a couple of months for it to return. Use the Porsche until then if you missed it.
  2. Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01- 600PP - Sport Hard tires - All Track / Tokyo - 1.32 - Praiano describes this as very performant and a pleasant drive in Tokyo. I agree and it is less than a VGT car including all the upgrades and available at any time in the Porsche Brand Dealership. I still prefer the Lamborghini whether driving manual or automatic but this is a great 2nd option if you can't purchase that car yet.

Beginner Strategy Tips​

• For Assist Settings I recommend Traction Control 1, ABS Weak, Auto-Drive Off, Active Stability Management (ASM) Off, and Countersteering Assistance Off. The other assist settings are up to your preference.
  • You should go full throttle from the start of the race into the first turn. Stay to the left of the traffic and get close to the left wall when you enter the recommended braking area. DO NOT brake, instead, you will scrape the wall or wall-ride into the first corner. You can wait until the last second to touch the wall. Coming out of the first corner you should be down to 2nd gear and then you can follow the driving assist line. You do not need to wall-ride the 2nd corner.
  • You should manage your throttle and braking throughout the main turning sections until you start to go downhill into the last turn. If you start to spin out you are using too much throttle. After each time on the brakes, you should not slam on the throttle but ease into it.
  • The only wall you should be hitting is that first wall on that first corner. Hitting a wall by mistake though is not a reason to panic and start over. You can still win with the occasional wall tap or mistake. There are some times in the middle part of the race where you can and should go full throttle, but just as many points where you should be using less than full throttle.
  • The last turn's braking start point can vary from vehicle to vehicle. With the Lamborghini, you can start braking after the recommended start point. But with the Porsche, I would start braking where it recommends. In that last hairpin turn, you will slow down enough that you should be in 1st gear during the hairpin turn. Go easy on the throttle coming out of the turn and gradually start to increase it. This is where you are most vulnerable to spinning out with too much throttle, especially in the first few laps. Going slow through this turn is always better than screeching your tires or sliding off the track. You can lose the CRB if you hit the cones so be careful of that as well.
  • You can see how wet the track is at any point by looking at the gauge to the left of where you see your tire wear. Specifically just to the left of your back left tire.
  • With the Lamborghini, you should be able to be in 1st place straight after wall-riding that first corner. If you fall back a few positions on the last turn after being in first on lap 1, don't panic and restart. You're still OK. You should pit stop after Lap 6 and do not change tires. I refuel for 1 lap beyond what is recommended to finish the race. Then you can stop refueling for a quicker pit stop. If you somehow mess up and miss the pit stop, it is fine, you don't need to quit and restart. You can technically pit stop after lap 7 or 8 as you have plenty of fuel before then.
  • With the Porsche, you should be able to grab 1st place easily in lap 2 after wall-riding that first corner in Laps 1 and 2. You should pit stop after Lap 6 and same tire and fuel suggestions as with the Lamborghini. Technically you can get 7 laps without a pit stop if you are not full throttle the whole race. But forgetting to pit before lap 8 and you may run out of gas.

Bonus Tips​

• EDIT: I suggest doing the Circuit Experience for the Tokyo Expressway before doing this credit grind. At least the East Clockwise one. Also for each sector you get a Bronze in, it increases your reward in custom races by 2%. For each sector you get Gold in, it increases your reward by 8%. Plus it teaches you how to be faster on the track. Not to mention all the credits earned just from the Circuit Experience.
  • As much as I could have used this guide before, I am grateful the repeated failed attempts at this race forced me to learn to drive a manual transmission. My first P1 win on this race was with the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT, but only after being able to short-shift and do a no-pit stop race. I think the Lamborghini above is a much better vehicle for this race even with it requiring the 1 pit stop. I was battling from behind too much of the race and it was much harder to get the CRB. I highly recommend biting the bullet and learning to drive manually once you have conquered this race. It opens you up to a wider variety of cars and strategies to include in your credit grinding. Grinding the same race and the same car every day can get boring quickly.
  • If you are struggling to match the PP from Praiano's tuning, make sure you have matched the racing parts and rim suggestions at the top of the post. Also, make sure you have the right tuning parts like the Racing Transmission instead of the Manual Transmission or Vice Versa.
I cant get the Porsche to 600pp

I cant get the Porsche to 600pp
How many points are you off? Specifically, where are you stuck? Under or over?

Sometimes it is something in your Livery Style that is causing you to not match. I always change the wheels like he recommends to have wide rims and wide offset. Praiano's tunes almost always require a custom wing and matching the rear diffuser is usually required. You can change wheels on any livery even the ones that can't be edited. You just can't share your edit back to the public list. Otherwise, it can be due to the settings in the 2nd column that have downforce settings at the top. Or it has to do with having the wrong parts from the tuning shop. If you have too many upgrades you may need to buy a new body or engine. But rather than doing that I usually solve it by just lowering the ECU output adjustment or Power Restrictor %. Sometimes that costs you too much speed which is crucial in this race.

Last edited:
So I have found that hitting walls almost always causes you to lose time and speed. But this first corner is the exception. I don't believe I ever was a good enough driver to finish Lap 1 in first place no matter what vehicle I tried. That was until I did the wall-riding with the Miura on Turn 1. One of the reasons it works on this particular corner is the speed you can maintain just before riding the wall while the AI from every other vehicle is going to slow down drastically. If this were a live race and everyone was doing it, you wouldn't have the same advantage of gaining position. No other walls in the rest of the race allow the same advantage.

As far as the understeer or oversteer, on this track, I would focus on adjusting the tune for the fast turns since there are more of them. Then you just need to work on your speed and throttle for the slow turns. If you follow this guide there should be only 2 (the 2nd corner of the first turn and the hairpin at the end.) When I had to tweak a tune for oversteer, the information in Beyond the Apex about adjusting Downforce helped me fix a tune to my liking.
Im not actually looking for any info, only curious about your post in itself.
The choice of doing a single wall bump, and the choice of cars that you after this reply seemingly further adjust to make them viable options for your run.
Everyone has a quite different "taste" about this without a doubt, for the easy and available drive I would opt for a AWD car, much less slippy on the accelerator and just as fast as any other option - have a try with Ford Focus RS for example.
Also in my "test" there is 2nd corner to wallride of you dont really excite for the race: the upward righthand into lefthand combination before the final hairpin - going into the wall for the righthand turn can but not necessarily needs to be faster, depends on the car I suppose.

Yet at this point I question if you want to succeed in the race, or if you simply do it for the money.
If 1. I would avoid anything I wouldnt do with my own car - no crashes and bumps.
If 2. I wouldnt car as long as the payout fits - its not real after all.

How many points are you off? Specifically, where are you stuck? Under or over?

Sometimes it is something in your Livery Style that is causing you to not match. I always change the wheels like he recommends to have wide rims and wide offset. Praiano's tunes almost always require a custom wing and matching the rear diffuser is usually required. You can change wheels on any livery even the ones that can't be edited. You just can't share your edit back to the public list. Otherwise, it can be due to the settings in the 2nd column that have downforce settings at the top. Or it has to do with having the wrong parts from the tuning shop. If you have too many upgrades you may need to buy a new body or engine. But rather than doing that I usually solve it by just lowering the ECU output adjustment or Power Restrictor %. Sometimes that costs you too much speed which is crucial in this race.
Yea I got it sorry. It was due to the downforce in the front of the car. But I tried to go through it on my first run and couldn’t get past like 8th. Just have to practice more. Got the G29 wheel coming in today too

Im not actually looking for any info, only curious about your post in itself.
The choice of doing a single wall bump, and the choice of cars that you after this reply seemingly further adjust to make them viable options for your run.
Everyone has a quite different "taste" about this without a doubt, for the easy and available drive I would opt for a AWD car, much less slippy on the accelerator and just as fast as any other option - have a try with Ford Focus RS for example.
Also in my "test" there is 2nd corner to wallride of you dont really excite for the race: the upward righthand into lefthand combination before the final hairpin - going into the wall for the righthand turn can but not necessarily needs to be faster, depends on the car I suppose.

Yet at this point I question if you want to succeed in the race, or if you simply do it for the money.
If 1. I would avoid anything I wouldnt do with my own car - no crashes and bumps.
If 2. I wouldnt car as long as the payout fits - its not real after all.
So the guide is definitely for someone who cares about either getting 1st or getting the max payout but has struggled to do it all or consistently. But also it is specifically for someone who wants to do it with automatic transmission and has beginner to average skills. Less about taste and more so just completing it period. I have done it with other vehicles and personally like to try as many as recommended. But these 2 in particular I have tested with auto transmission and my skills are average at best. I think most who have been playing for years and have above-average skills may not understand the struggle of this race. I will give the car you recommended a try later as well as wall-riding the wall you mentioned. The Ford Focus Rally car surprised me with how good it is so I will check out the RS too.

Yea I got it sorry. It was due to the downforce in the front of the car. But I tried to go through it on my first run and couldn’t get past like 8th. Just have to practice more. Got the G29 wheel coming in today too
For the Porsche you should be able to be in 2nd place after the first corner. Slam on the throttle and do not let up at all going into the wall. You can get close to the wall but don't touch it until you are forced to because it is turning.

So the guide is definitely for someone who cares about either getting 1st or getting the max payout but has struggled to do it all or consistently. But also it is specifically for someone who wants to do it with automatic transmission and has beginner to average skills. Less about taste and more so just completing it period. I have done it with other vehicles and personally like to try as many as recommended. But these 2 in particular I have tested with auto transmission and my skills are average at best. I think most who have been playing for years and have above-average skills may not understand the struggle of this race. I will give the car you recommended a try later as well as wall-riding the wall you mentioned. The Ford Focus Rally car surprised me with how good it is so I will check out the RS too.
Major issue I have with the race is how frequently the AI will tap your rear or swipe you taking an ill advised inside line on wet section of curve. That ends the CRB regardless of your skill. What this guide does best is advise best way to clear that pack quickly. Wall ridind the first turn saves a lot of AI induced bonus fails.

Major issue I have with the race is how frequently the AI will tap your rear or swipe you taking an ill advised inside line on wet section of curve. That ends the CRB regardless of your skill. What this guide does best is advise best way to clear that pack quickly. Wall ridind the first turn saves a lot of AI induced bonus fails.
Yea I agree with clearing the pack. I also think these 2 cars are less likely to be passed which means they are less likely to be tapped from behind. The Aston Martin DP-100 VGT is very vulnerable to being passed when driving an automatic.

There are a couple more Praiano tunes which are great for this race, but might be considered a bit cheesy:

Ford Mustang Boss 429 '69 (PP seems to be glitched for this car)
Suzuki Cappuccino '91 (engine swapped)

These cars are much faster than the rest of the pack - the Cappuccino can reach 2nd position by the end of the first straight, or even 1st if you wall ride the corner. They may require a slightly different strategy as the tyres wear pretty quickly, and to be honest they're not much fun to drive, but they are the easiest to win and get CRB in my experience.

Last edited:
why make another thread for tokyo 600? isnt there's already 2 existing threads for that?

Felt the OP defended his reasoning well. Lots of guides on best car, fastest car, and the ideal tunes. However, not nearly as much to be found easily that concisely explains the actual race, the clean race bonus conditions (which the game is offensively bad at sharing), and best strategy when running it for a beginner, independent of vehicle.

As long as it’s not turned into a “best car” thread, it offers value. I’d actually pin it for strategy alone, banning car and tunes.

Ok, so I tested the Ford Focus RS '18 as you recommended. I used Praiano's tune found here. Also, remember another key point of this guide is using an Automatic Transmission. After 2 laps I am confident I could pass it with this vehicle using auto transmission with identical pit stop and fuel guidelines as the Porsche.

However, a beginner's odds of getting the CRB go down in this vehicle because the best position you will have after the first wall ride is 5th. On my first lap attempt, I likely lost the CRB immediately coming out of the wall ride on lap 1 when I sideswiped the car in P6 I didn't see. I probably could have avoided that by paying attention to the radar. I feel like taking your eyes off the road to regularly check the radar in a higher-difficulty race is an intermediate to advanced skill. I only recently have been using it more.

As far as average speed, during the long straight, I was driving defensively to not be passed between laps 1 and 2. The other 2 cars require no defensive driving in the straight. So it is not as fast as the other 2 cars recommended here. I also didn't find the handling drastically better than Praiano's other 2 tunes. That could partially be due to my driving style and my skill level on the accelerator. Or just the way Praiano has the 3 cars tuned. I trust his skills in tuning them to the best of his driving style specifically for this race. But I know it's not necessarily a 4WD drive thing because I love numerous 4WD cars and the Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo is one of my favorite and most used cars.

Another tip would be: don't get hasty on your first lap. I am testing cars on Tokyo at the moment and after the first corner i am normally not better than 10th and still win relatively easily. Just try to be relatively close to the top 3 (Kokobun, Gallo, Suswillo) after the first couple of laps. Gallo pits twice and especially Suswillo seems to get slower over the race lenght.

Another tip would be: don't get hasty on your first lap. I am testing cars on Tokyo at the moment and after the first corner i am normally not better than 10th and still win relatively easily. Just try to be relatively close to the top 3 (Kokobun, Gallo, Suswillo) after the first couple of laps. Gallo pits twice and especially Suswillo seems to get slower over the race lenght.
Yeah, this is a great tip for completing it. I just feel like the 2 cars and wall riding tip suggested here are going to help a beginner secure the CRB at a much higher percentage. If you are gaining 5-7 spots in the first 2 laps and getting the CRB regularly, that right there tells me your skills are at least at an intermediate level.

Last edited:
Ok, so I tested the Ford Focus RS '18 as you recommended.
I dont really want to start an argument over that, but it seems Praianos tune isnt well optimized for this kind of driving (mine certianly are not, as I generally want to be clean, as long as I am not intentionally bad).
In this case my own tune also wouldnt place 1st with 1st corner wallriding (2nd, though), but with a slight adjustment this is the result:

Last edited:
I dont really want to start an argument over that, but it seems Praianos tune isnt well optimized for this kind of driving (mine certianly are not, as I generally want to be clean, as long as I am not intentionally bad).
In this case my own tune also wouldnt place 1st with 1st corner wallriding (2nd, though), but with a slight adjustment this is the result:

Awesome. Can you share the tune? I'm sure some would love to try it if they are struggling with the Porsche.

Awesome. Can you share the tune? I'm sure some would love to try it if they are struggling with the Porsche.
The current update 1.42 has invalidated my tune, it now has 608pp.
Though I didnt let that sit and created a new one.
Unfortunatly it cant achieve first corner first place (because less power), but now be patient and do the same trick again in lap 2 and gain the lead.
This shouldnt provide much trouble, as a beginner player shouldnt try any risky overtaking of Gallo during the course (though it absolutely can be done).
The total event time is around 26m17s, which compared to the previous tune hasnt changed.

I suggested this car as it is availabe in the brand central and a very well rounded car (in my opinion).

Wide body, default rims (can impact handling and by that PP)
front+side A, rear B (only important to match downforce)
any safety cage (adds a certain amount of weight + placement)

Hard + Soft: is a way to reduce PP, handling is fine, but a bit understeery in lap 1
Differential: also reduces PP, all 5 did work for me and I usually avoid using this part, as I have more success in creating the handling I want without touching it.
Torque vectoring: evens out tyrewear without causing too much back wheel spin
1706184329649.png

1706184356018.png
1706184394663.png

Give it a shot and an opinion, if you like.

Unfortunatly it cant achieve first corner first place (because less power), but now be patient and do the same trick again in lap 2 and gain the lead.
This shouldnt provide much trouble, as a beginner player shouldnt try any risky overtaking of Gallo during the course (though it absolutely can be done).
The total event time is around 26m17s, which compared to the previous tune hasnt changed.

I suggested this car as it is availabe in the brand central and a very well rounded car (in my opinion).

Hard + Soft: is a way to reduce PP, handling is fine, but a bit understeery in lap 1
Differential: also reduces PP, all 5 did work for me and I usually avoid using this part, as I have more success in creating the handling I want without touching it.
View attachment 1322380
View attachment 1322381View attachment 1322382

Thank you and I will give it a run and post my opinion. Also thanks for the tip on the other wall that could benefit from a wall ride. Tested that and I believe it is a great tip for someone with beginner to intermediate skills. That turn was always one I struggled with early on in learning this race. I will add it to the main post.

Last edited:

View attachment 1322380
View attachment 1322381View attachment 1322382

One question...when are you pitting and are you choosing Sports Hard or Sports Soft during the pit?

One question...when are you pitting and are you choosing Sports Hard or Sports Soft during the pit?
Rule of thumb when pitting fur fuel with no other factor considered:
Just go in for fuel as late as the gauge allows -> less weight = more speed, better tyre life, and better handling.
Might be depending on wind direction and strength, or on how well you can maintain your speed (gears when playing with automatic transmission).
I think I was going in pits end of lap 8, though the difference is NOT that big if you need to do it one lap earlier, as there is no AI to slipstream on or desperatly run away from.

About the tyres:
the game does only allow to change to 1 compound and not mixing during pitstops, you propably already knew that.
But as any single comppund has higher PP than the mix you start on, you cant actually change at all - which is also not necessary.
The tyres will be no problem with this car.

Back