Favorite song on the GT4 playlist.

• Thread starter Shoogar
  • 63 comments
I seem to recall being surprised to notice a decent track by The Donnas in there, during the extremely brief period between when I started playing GT4 again and when I turned off all the music. I love the menu music, but I got tired of pausing my own music in the menus and turned that off too. For me, even with all the songs that are available, there's nowhere near enough of them (even if I loved every single song available, which I'm sure I don't) to keep listening to the same tracks over and over.

When I do play music with GT4, I usually create a huge playlist with at least 5 albums worth of tunes(enough anyway to not have to add more for a while), repeat that playlist a few times until I get tired of it (generally over a number of GT4 sessions), then create a new playlist.

I send the PS2's audio into the line-in on my PC, the output on my PC into my stereo/receiver, and the Tape Out on the receiver goes into the audio line-in on my TV. This way I get to play the GT4 audio, and whatever music I want to hear, both output through the same TV speakers. Sometimes finding the right balance of volumes takes some doing, but I like it.

When I finish the FGT champ. I'll take a look at the jukebox and edit my post to add a track or two. Maybe I'll even use the real GT4 music for a little while!

Feeder - Shatter. I don't believe this was included in the NTSC version of GT4 (correct me if I'm wrong). Loved it so much I bought it.

Gran Turismo has some pretty big bands in it, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Joe Satriani, and some person called Will.I.Am, I dunno, something like that (I'm quite biased musically so I don't know about pop or anything)

And I was wondering what you think is the best few songs in the game

So I'll start off

1. Freewheel Burning - Judas Priest
2. Summer Song - Joe Satriani
3. Panama - Van Halen
4. Moon Over Castle - Can't remember but I know it's the Gran Turismo song
5. Nothing Wrong - Jimmy Eat World

Last edited:
What about Don't Mean a Thing by Borialis? It's pretty good, I also like Real Dream and D-Greasy's Rides. I've always been a fan of rock so I like Judas Priest and Van Halen. But the best song in this game has to be the Orchestra Version of Moon Over the Castle, it defines Gran Turismo because it is so EPIC!!!

I remember some funky song called "Getaway". It's great in replays when used in dive mode, it makes it look like some Japanese commercial.

For racing I like "Panama", "Freewheel burning" and "Getting away with..." (E-Rated version of "Getting away with murder").

For racing I like "Panama", "Freewheel burning" and "Getting away with..." (E-Rated version of "Getting away with murder").

My top three right there...

Believe it or not, "Moon Over The Castle" isn't the original version of the song. The original name is "Knight's Song" and it's done by a band called "T-Square". Masahiro Andoh, the listed artist of the song in the game, is in the band.

Here's the original song...

For me it's:

Kaiser Chiefs: I Predict A Riot
Masahiro Andoh: Moon Over The Castle
Kasabian: Reason Is Treason

Those are the only three I really care about.

Last edited:
I remember some funky song called "Getaway". It's great in replays when used in dive mode, it makes it look like some Japanese commercial.

That would be the GT4 Pop Rox remix of "Getaway" by Earth, Wind & Fire. I think that was my favourite replay tune :sly:

The license fail song! Yello - oh yeah. First I didn't even notice that the deep bass sound is someone saying "ohhhhyyeeeaaahh" :lol:

If I had to list my top 5, I would say:

Borialis - Don't Mean A Thing
Daiki Kasho - What To Believe
The Infadels - Can't Get Enough
Whitey - In The Limelight
Ulrich Schnauss - A Million Miles Away

The license fail song! Yello - oh yeah. First I didn't even notice that the deep bass sound is someone saying "ohhhhyyeeeaaahh" :lol:
Would be nice if there was a 'GT4 Fail Version' of that song with only the 'yeah' part edited out.:dopey:

Latest Posts

Back