Favorite song to play on acoustic?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rockzilla
  • 15 comments
  • 1,236 views
Messages
236
Well, I'm sitting here bored and wondering what would be some good songs, that are fairly well know, to play on acoustic. I can't think of any right at this moment, so any help to cure my boredom would be appreciated.
 
Tenacious D - Tribute
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication or simething or Under The Bridge
Radiohead - Creep or Karma Police
Have fun. They're what I'd play anywayz.
 
Mellissa by the Allman Brothers
Wanted, Dead or Alive, Bon Jovi (That intro is a bear to learn, but sounds really awesome once you have it down)
Tears in Heaven, by Eric Clapton.
Any other 12-bar blues.
 
"Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin.

I mean, who doesn't know this song? ;)
 
Originally posted by Ryan
"Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin.

I mean, who doesn't know this song? ;)

w3rd!

Well, I play it very poorly.

Then, if I'm up to it, I'll play the bass line for Seven Nation Army over and over and over and over and over again!

I suck. :(
 
Originally posted by Cobraboy
w3rd!

Well, I play it very poorly.

Then, if I'm up to it, I'll play the bass line for Seven Nation Army over and over and over and over and over again!

I suck. :(

That's actually pretty fun to play. I sometimes play it like the solo, adding in higher notes here and there to make it sound cool and improvised. :)
 
Originally posted by Nathanisking
Dont play acoustic started off with Electric and I stick with it

I think you might be wrong. The better you are at acoustic, the better you are at electric, especially at fingerpicking. That way you broaden your playing style. It is also much harder to do chords on acoustic (bar chords are HECK).

Anyways, I'd check out the intro to Sonny by New Found Glory.
 
I dont think acoustic improves your skills, I have improved very much snice last week and the week before and Im sticking with my electric and I dont like finger picking
 
Classical Gas or Blackbird (Beatles)
I still like to play Iron Maiden riffs on acoustic. Well....the ones I can remember(shroom use in the 80's).:D
 
I like playing my acoustic just as much if not more than my electric. One of my favorite sons to play on it is "So Much to Say" by Dave Mathews Band. It's kind of tough to learn, but now I can't pick up a guitar without playing it. Actually, a lot of Dave Mathews is cool to play on guitar, Jimmy Thing, What Would You Say, Lie in our Graves, etc.
 
I don't play acoustic anymore. It ain't loud enough.

When I did, I liked Pinball Wizard by the Who. The Rain Song by Led Zepplin was my next favorite, but I couldn't stand Stairway to Heaven to even consider playing it.
 
Thugz Mansion - 2pac Feat. Nas (on guitar)
 
Originally posted by Ryan
"Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin.

I mean, who doesn't know this song? ;)

I dont. I prefer bass like pako.:cool:

Speaking of which, my bass is coming pretty soon. like within a week.
 
Back