Favorite track / least favorite track

• Thread starter Tommy_D
  • 54 comments
Favs:

Nordschleife: always loved this track RL and in games.
Spa Franchorchamps: Just wish PD updates it and removes the brush pads.
Sarthe: Spent days here, during Le Mans 24hr when I was younger.
Dragon Tail: just a funny little track with a nice flow to it.
Sardegna: same reason.
Suzuka, Monza, Catalunya.

Dislike:
Any USA track

Favorite:

1) Spa
2) Interlagos
3) Catalunya
4) Suzuka
5) Dragon Trail (Seaside and Gardens)

Least:

1) Road Atlanta
2) St. Croix
3) Sardegna
4) Daytona Road
5) Alcase

Favorite: Spa!
By far. It is the only track which feels flowing from start to end. Basically a roller coaster but on road. The Raidillon is legendary.

This week’s Daily Race B showcases the best combo- Spa in Gr2 cars. It is the best way to experience Spa in GT7.

Least favorite: Any oval track. I just don’t get them.

Dislike:
Any USA track
I am glad I am not only one!!

Favorite:

• Nordschleife
  • Spa
  • Monza
  • Road Atlanta
  • Grand Valley Highway

Least:

• Colorado Springs
  • Fisherman’s Ranch
  • Autopolis
  • Sardegna Windmills
  • Alsace

It would also be interesting to rank the graphics and choose the best and worst looking ones.

Favorite:

• Nordschleife
  • Spa
  • Monza
  • Road Atlanta
  • Grand Valley Highway

Least:

• Colorado Springs
  • Fisherman’s Ranch
  • Autopolis
  • Sardegna Windmills
  • Alsace

It would also be interesting to rank the graphics and choose the best and worst looking ones.
Best-looking would be any of the new-for-GT7 tracks, especially Trial Mountain and Grand Valley. Worst-looking would easily be Le Mans, without a doubt. :lol:

Favorite
Alsace: This inadvertently became my 600pp test track. I love the flow, undulating terrain and weird high speed corners. The track width helps for passing, set-up for the next corner as well as making even road cars on comfort tires feel exciting, fast and engaging. The yellow flowers are also very pretty. I'm surprised that a bunch of people hate it.

Road Atlanta: This track was designed by a (fun) psychopath. Crazy elevation changes and a pace that my brain can barely keep up with. That blind Sector 1 chicane is a bit much though.

Grand Valley Highway 1 (in Gr.1 cars): Sector 2 feels vague and random, and the bollard penalty zones at the final chicane are truly stupid, BUT the flow is still amazing, and the scenery is beautiful.

In road cars, this track is meh. Too long, and the corners are too tight for them. However, the reverse variant of this track is wonderful. The radius a lot of corners opens up, and Sector 1 from original version makes a lot more sense to me backwards. Note that my experience here is limited to the (terrible) Ford Mustang from this week's time trial.

The short variant in the historic event is also lovely.

Brands Hatch: The God of Flow. Everything, from economy boxes to prototypes to fantasy cars, feels fast here. Love it, love it, love it!

Least Favorite
Le Mans (driven in anything NOT a prototype): Le Mans feels wonderful when powerful Gr.1 cars get to stretch their legs, but driving anything slower and with less downforce here feels boring and frustrating. The Porsche Curves are particularly miserable in a high-powered road car.

Nurburgring GP: No flow. Technical in the most depressing and annoying way. Feels like a disjointed collection of late, later and latest apexes that leave you waiting forever to get on the throttle. The entirety of Sector 1 makes me want to quit sim racing.

The only time I ever enjoyed this track was back in GT Legends where I drove a Ford Cortina and Ford Falcon around a super short version of this track. Every other time I've driven here, the track is meh at best. The time trials here have made me grow a deeply passionate hatred of this track.

Fuji GP: Same as reasons as Nurb GP, but more boring.

Catalunya GP: Do you see a pattern? Same reasons as Nurb GP and Fuji, but the least annoying of that bunch; though not by much.

The corners across this entire group of tracks feel intentionally designed to frustrate drivers
  • let's hide the apex in another dimension,
  • let's have a subtly decreasing radius that throws the car off the track if you look at the throttle wrong,
  • let's make the line through this corner deceptively narrow and awkward,
  • let's make the rumble strips unsettle the car,
  • let's find the most infuriating place to put the penalty zone...

I live in a world that's constantly gaslighting me into thinking that struggle for struggle's sake within systems that are intentionally designed to grind my mind, body and soul into paste is... fun. That is the absolute last energy I need from the thing I use for my escapism.

Favourites:
Spa (can nail this track)
Nurburgring (love the challenge)
Road Atlanta (great flow, love the elevation changes)

Dislikes:
Willow Springs
St. Croix (total ew, get it gone)
Fuji (can't get any of the corner right, ever)

Favorite tracks:
  • le Mans
  • Nurburgring
  • Spa

Least favorite:
  • Mount Panorama
  • the offroad tracks

Last edited:
Spa and Bathurst stand out for their real life simulation, proper tracks that feel organic. I'll give the nod to Spa only because Bathurst has that really fiddly bit up top that is a little niche.

I have a long list of hateful tracks (willow, laguna, autopolis) but Fuji is just insanely bad.

HOT:

Brands Hatch
Willow Springs (Big & Streets)
Grand Valley Highway
Trial Mountain
Daytona Road Course

NOT:

Dragon Tail Seaside
Nurburgring GP
Lago Maggiore (any version)
St Croix
Most reverse configurations (especially Alsace Village)

Top3:
Spa - Francorchamps
Watkins Glen
Brands Hatch

All 3 real world tracks, and with many elevation changes (honorable mentions to Interlagos and Laguna Seca). There is nothing better that those variations imposed by real world terrain. Very technical tracks without overdoing it, also tracks with real overtaking opportunities without having to bump the opposition.

Bottom 3:
St. Croix
Broad Bean
Streets of Willow + Horse Thief Mile

There are many others that i could mention (Fuji current layout with that idiotic last section, in contrast with the original layout present on GT4, Special Stage Route X I would be ok if it was used to drag races, test top speed and so, but racing there is just plain boring, and don't even mention dirt courses, can't even have an opinion, because rally implementation is simply sad, so can't say if the problem is only on the rally thing or the tracks are equally bad. But St. Croix is an example that more isn't better, it's just adding 90 degree corner after 90 degree corner, nothing specially good about it, only difficulty is to learn because of extension and similarity of the corners, Broad Bean is just pointless and useless, and the two variations to original of Willow Springs (which I love) aren't real race tracks at all.

Least Favorite
Le Mans (driven in anything NOT a prototype): Le Mans feels wonderful when powerful Gr.1 cars get to stretch their legs, but driving anything slower and with less downforce here feels boring and frustrating. The Porsche Curves are particularly miserable in a high-powered road car.

Nurburgring GP: No flow. Technical in the most depressing and annoying way. Feels like a disjointed collection of late, later and latest apexes that leave you waiting forever to get on the throttle. The entirety of Sector 1 makes me want to quit sim racing.

The only time I ever enjoyed this track was back in GT Legends where I drove a Ford Cortina and Ford Falcon around a super short version of this track. Every other time I've driven here, the track is meh at best. The time trials here have made me grow a deeply passionate hatred of this track.

Fuji GP: Same as reasons as Nurb GP, but more boring.

Catalunya GP: Do you see a pattern? Same reasons as Nurb GP and Fuji, but the least annoying of that bunch; though not by much.

The corners across this entire group of tracks feel intentionally designed to frustrate drivers
  • let's hide the apex in another dimension,
  • let's have a subtly decreasing radius that throws the car off the track if you look at the throttle wrong,
  • let's make the line through this corner deceptively narrow and awkward,
  • let's make the rumble strips unsettle the car,
  • let's find the most infuriating place to put the penalty zone...

I live in a world that's constantly gaslighting me into thinking that struggle for struggle's sake within systems that are intentionally designed to grind my mind, body and soul into paste is... fun. That is the absolute last energy I need from the thing I use for my escapism.
Could not agree more with your hate list and for all the same reasons.
Doing the 10 lap Fuji neo-Classic nearly broke me.

Favorite has be Glen Watkins. The flow is so great on this track. Honorable mentions for Spa and Deep Forest Raceway.
Least favorite is definitely Circuit de Sainte-Croix. Not a big fan of Catalunya for finding no flow in there whatsoever

Favorites:

Watkins Glen
Tsukuba
Sardegna (Windmills)
Deep Forest
Dragon Trail (Seaside)

Least Favorites:

Willow Springs (Horse Thief Mile)
Alsace
Saint Croix
Northern Isle Speedway
Catalunya

Top3:
Spa - Francorchamps
Watkins Glen
Brands Hatch

All 3 real world tracks, and with many elevation changes (honorable mentions to Interlagos and Laguna Seca). There is nothing better that those variations imposed by real world terrain. Very technical tracks without overdoing it, also tracks with real overtaking opportunities without having to bump the opposition.

Bottom 3:
St. Croix
Broad Bean

There are many others that i could mention (Fuji current layout with that idiotic last section, in contrast with the original layout present on GT4, Special Stage Route X I would be ok if it was used to drag races, test top speed and so, but racing there is just plain boring, and don't even mention dirt courses, can't even have an opinion, because rally implementation is simply sad, so can't say if the problem is only on the rally thing or the tracks are equally bad. But St. Croix is an example that more isn't better, it's just adding 90 degree corner after 90 degree corner, nothing specially good about it, only difficulty is to learn because of extension and similarity of the corners, Broad Bean is just pointless and useless, and the two variations to original of Willow Springs (which I love) aren't real race tracks at all.
The variations of Willow Springs don’t exist in the real world? I always thought they would:/
did PD created them?

The variations of Willow Springs don’t exist in the real world? I always thought they would:/
did PD created them?
Sorry, on a second read my words would give that impression.
They indeed exist, that wasn't what I meant. I meant they aren't real tracks in the sense they are so narrow that you can't really do proper racing.
In real life both are only used for testing purposes, track days and driver training, I believe.
As racing venues in GT7 I really dislike them.

This is a hard question, and chances are, that you'll get a different answer whenever you ask me...;)
What makes it even harder to answer, is the fact, that certain tracks work only so well with a certain kind of car-type..
For example: the two shorter tracks at Willow Springs a great for cars up to 550PP, but they kinda suck with higher powered cars...the opposite goes for Le Mans...

But at the moment(and I try to stick to the 3 options format):

Favorite:
Nordschleife(love it because of its length and the variety it offers, like it with any kind of car, great track for car testing and time trialing...very competitive AI in custom racing!)
Dragon Trail Seaside(favorite fictional track for Gr4/3/2 cars)
Bathurst/Mt. Panorama

Least Favorite:
Nürburgring GP
Suzuka(I know this track since I played my first racing game more than 25 years ago, still struggeling to get 3 decent laps there in a row there...)
Special Stage Route X(I don't see a reason for it...)

Honorable Mentions:
The Streets of Willow Springs/Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile (favorite tracks for low power cars, especially in custom races...best tracks for David vs Goliath-type custom races)
Brands Hatch/Road Atlanta/Grand Valley(all three of them are excellent tracks and could be in the top three instead of Mt.Panoroma...GV especially with lesser powered cars)
Le Mans(the WTC 700 there is my favorite grind race, because the variety of (cutomized)road cars you can use and win the race with there is so big and the dynamic weather makes each race there a little bit different)

Last edited:
Favorites:

Laguna Seca
Deep Forest
Trial Mountain
Interlagos
Bathurst
DT Gardens
Nurb GP
Grand Valley

Least Favorites:

Spa
Monza
Le Mans
RBR
Alsace
Sardegna
Maggiore

Basically hate tracks where I can put the car in cruise control and go do laundry.

Favorite right now...
Grand Valley H1 - The original was my go to track in games past, and while this one is different, I still enjoy the flow. Been wearing it out, since we got it.

Least favorite, aka absolutely hate
Any version of Tokyo. I've never liked city tracks anyway, and this one is just terrible. Hate it so much, didn't even do all the CE for it.

Top3:
Spa - Francorchamps
Watkins Glen
Brands Hatch

Bottom 3:
St. Croix
Broad Bean

Ever tried custom races with cars below 600PP(or even better below 550PP) at the two small Willow Springs Tracks ?
That's great fun, especially if you team up real big cars(like old american muscle cars) with real small cars(like Minis, old A110s, Sport 800s an that little Honda Raodster)...tune them somewhere between 480 and 530PP, let the old muscle cars use their default tires and equip the little ones with racing hard tires, pick any car you like and enjoy the fun!!!

Sorry, on a second read my words would give that impression.
They indeed exist, that wasn't what I meant. I meant they aren't real tracks in the sense they are so narrow that you can't really do proper racing.
In real life both are only used for testing purposes, track days and driver training, I believe.
As racing venues in GT7 I really dislike them.
Ah ok, yeah they are not good for powerful cars, but for hatchbacks they are fun imo, I liked the circuit experience with the Lancia Delta on one of them.
If there would be more of these small tracks like also Go-Kart courses (Catalunya for example) and there would be fitting events, it would be cool I guess.

Favorites:
1). Trial Mountain ( that's my spot/ home-base.. period.. a true drivers track..)
2). Deep Forest (when I like to take a break from TM..)
3). Grand Valley Hwy. (the newest in negotiating, and how can you not dig the graphics)
4). Nurburgring (used to be my go-to, but it's just too time consuming for 1 friggin' lap.. & besides, with the above 3 stated, let's just say they're more my style for TT's, CR's & off-line racing.. don't get me wrong, I love "The Ring" and all, but time is precious..)

Dislikes:

Everything outside of the above 4! (just being honest..)

PS: my most annoying dislike is that Seattle isn't in yet.. but i'm sure they're working on it thanks to my constant B****ing.. we'll see..

NW.

Last edited:
Back