Favorite TV Shows

• Thread starter V0RT3X
  • 33 comments
United States
Waterford MI
V0RT3X7373
I havent seen a thread on this, and if it exists, no body has posted on it in ages.

So, what are some of your favorite tv shows that are currently running? what are some that you like, but aren't on anymore? What shows do you schedule your day around? (yeah, i do that a lot lol)

My favorite tv shoes currently;
1. TopGear (duh)
2. Parks and Recreation (great characters)
3. The Goldbergs (new, fresh, very funny)
4. Brooklyn 99 (good cast, new, parks and rec like)
5. The Big Bang Theory (great characters, very funny)

CURRENT
Orange is the New Black
Parks and Recreation
The Walking Dead
Top Gear (UK)
Supernatural
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

OUT OF PRODUCTION
Scrubs (favorite show ever)
The Honeymooners
Northern Exposure
Seinfeld
Smallville
House

Oh Hell, it's easier to just link to my IMDB list...

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls052009123/

A couple of years ago, I would have said The Big Bang Theory, but (IMHO) that show has gone down the toilet, HARD. Now a typical Hollywood sit-com/rom-com Friends clone. I have never gone from liking to hating one show so much.

CURRENT
Orange is the New Black
Parks and Recreation
The Walking Dead
Top Gear (UK)
Supernatural
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

OUT OF PRODUCTION
Scrubs (favorite show ever)
The Honeymooners
Northern Exposure
Seinfeld
Smallville
House

Oh Hell, it's easier to just link to my IMDB list...

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls052009123/

A couple of years ago, I would have said The Big Bang Theory, but (IMHO) that show has gone down the toilet, HARD. Now a typical Hollywood sit-com/rom-com Friends clone. I have never gone from liking to hating one show so much.

kind of agree with you an the bbt front. thats why i only watch the older ones lol

kind of agree with you an the bbt front. thats why i only watch the older ones lol

I can still deal with the older ones (seasons 1 thru most of 4), but...

I'm not the type of person that holds reviews as any kind of bottom line in any way, but I read one that simply pointed out an objective observation, and now that I'm consciously aware of it, it drives me nuts. In a nutshell, it's the rhythm of the show, and now that I've heard it, I can't unhear it. It goes like this (at almost 100%)... Set-up, punch-line, over-exaggerated audience laughter, set-up, punch-line, over-exaggerated audience laughter, set-up, punch-line, etc, etc, on & on, over & over, lather, rinse, repeat. There is almost zero dialog that doesn't follow this mind numbing rhythm. Watch almost any episode, close your eyes and don't listen to what is specifically being said, but just listen to the general flow. It's maddening, and once you hear it, it sticks with you always.

I can still deal with the older ones (seasons 1 thru most of 4), but...

I'm not the type of person that holds reviews as any kind of bottom line in any way, but I read one that simply pointed out an objective observation, and now that I'm consciously aware of it, it drives me nuts. In a nutshell, it's the rhythm of the show, and now that I've heard it, I can't unhear it. It goes like this (at almost 100%)... Set-up, punch-line, over-exaggerated audience laughter, set-up, punch-line, over-exaggerated audience laughter, set-up, punch-line, etc, etc, on & on, over & over, lather, rinse, repeat. There is almost zero dialog that doesn't follow this mind numbing rhythm. Watch almost any episode, close your eyes and don't listen to what is specifically being said, but just listen to the general flow. It's maddening, and once you hear it, it sticks with you always.

very true. i can deal with it, but the newer ones just dont have my attention.

its just not a show that you plan your day around lol. ill see there is a new one on and say, hmmm thats interesting, and keep scrolling through the guide. when i see its on tbs, i watch only because theyre older.

Anyway, beyond TBBT...

I forgot to mention Fast N' Loud. Love that show. That one's not on the IMDB list I linked to. I'm gonna have to update or expand my list.

Anyway, beyond TBBT...

I forgot to mention Fast N' Loud. Love that show. That one's not on the IMDB list I linked to. I'm gonna have to update or expand my list.

i watched quite a few episodes of it, and tbh, it bored me after a while. i mean sometimes they make really cool stuff, but most of it is just hagling over price, fixing a few things about the car and selling it for more. i watched probably 3-4 hours straight and thats all it was, kind of dissapointing.

i watched quite a few episodes of it, and tbh, it bored me after a while. i mean sometimes they make really cool stuff, but most of it is just hagling over price, fixing a few things about the car and selling it for more. i watched probably 3-4 hours straight and thats all it was, kind of dissapointing.

I probably think I like it more than I really do because I watch it at work, and frankly, it beats actually working.

Hannibal for network tv and Game of Thrones for cable.
I don't watch much tv tho.

I was really into 24 and the x files when they were on and I find myself always watching NCIS alot too.

The Blacklist
Supernatural
Haven
Top Gear(UK)

But my all time favorite is still Lost.

Apart from the main ones everybody has mentioned. I just finished watching Utopia, which I thought was pretty good. Worth a watch if you need something new to get into.

Really enjoyed The Shield, definitely one of my favourites.

Last edited:
Anthony Bourdain Parts Unkown and Deadliest Catch are probably my top 2....Bates Motel is another show I enjoy mainly for Vera Farmiga's acting ability, she can say so much without a word.

Seinfeld is probably my favourite out of production show.

Anthony Bourdain Parts Unkown and Deadliest Catch are probably my top 2....Bates Motel is another show I enjoy mainly for Vera Farmiga's acting ability, she can say so much without a word.

Seinfeld is probably my favourite out of production show.

Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations is one of my favorite shows. I have the entire series on DVD. For some reason, I never translated over to Parts Unknown. Don't know why.

The 100 is the only thing I have really gotten into at the moment, damn addictive. Also watching Homeland.

As for other favourite stuff, off the top of my head...

The O.C. - Hand's down my favourite teen drama of all time, massive fan
90210 - To handle the cancellation symptoms :lol:
Frasier - Favourite sitcom
Rules of Engagement
Scrubs
Episodes - Best thing Matt LeBlanc has ever done IMO.
Not Going Out still going but really needs Tim Vine back.
IT Crowd / Black Books / Father Ted
Prison Break
Jericho
Sarah Connor Chronicles
Scrapheap Challenge - C4 Please bring Robert & Lisa back!
Star Trek TNG, DS9, ENT

Networks today are so damn cancellation trigger happy, after one season if it hasn't become a mega hit they might let it have one more season then can it. In the 90's and 00's stuff could run for years before they thought it might need killing off. Nothing ever gets a chance any more.

Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations is one of my favorite shows. I have the entire series on DVD. For some reason, I never translated over to Parts Unknown. Don't know why.

Unfortunatly our crummy cable provider didn't carry the channel No Reservations (Travel Channel I think ?) was on, therefore he was pretty much unkown to me until fairly recently. I've only seen a couple short clips of No Reservations online, I will look for the full episodes though. He was great on Joe Rogans podcast a while back...no BS kind of guy.

My Favorite TV shows are:
1.-Top Gear (UK)
2.-The Office (ended in 2013 :guilty:)
3.-The Big Bang Theory
4.-Two and A Half Men
5.-Catfish (Not a big fan, but I like it)

The 100 is the only thing I have really gotten into at the moment, damn addictive. Also watching Homeland.

As for other favourite stuff, off the top of my head...

The O.C. - Hand's down my favourite teen drama of all time, massive fan
90210 - To handle the cancellation symptoms :lol:
Frasier - Favourite sitcom
Rules of Engagement
Scrubs
Not Going Out still going but really needs Tim Vine back.
IT Crowd / Black Books / Father Ted
Prison Break
Jericho
Sarah Connor Chronicles
Scrapheap Challenge - C4 Please bring Robert & Lisa back!
Star Trek TNG, DS9, ENT

Networks today are so damn cancellation trigger happy, after one season if it hasn't become a mega hit they might let it have one more season then can it. In the 90's and 00's stuff could run for years before they thought it might need killing off. Nothing ever gets a chance any more.

episodes is awesome 👍

My favorite shows - not necessarily ranked as I find that really hard to do.

Current or between seasons
Hannibal
The Walking Dead
American Horror Story
Orange is the New Black
The Americans
The Leftovers
True Detective
Homeland (haven't started the new season yet, though)
Bates Motel
Episodes
Fargo

Concluded
Breaking Bad
Dexter
The Killing
The Wire

There are some more that I like but these are the shows everybody has to see that likes these kind of genres.

Finally someone else who's into Hannibal ;) such a brilliant shoe on all aspects, can't wait to see where season 3 takes us.

I shall now revive the thread.

Ongoing:
Yugioh ARC-V
Sonic Boom
Total Drama
Pokemon
Most Documentaries
Top Gear (though I'm a bit nervous on how the new Top Gear will turn out)
Simpsons

Finished:
Yugioh DM - Zexal
Hunter x Hunter (both versions)
Parasyte
Sonic X
Rugrats
All Grown Up
Futurama
Drawn Together
The O.C
Stoked
Lizzie McGuire (Yes, I liked the show)
Hannah Montana (Yes, I liked the show)
Ed, Edd and Eddy
Fairly Odd Parents
Jimmy Neutron

As you can see, I am biased towards Animation

I just finished watching Utopia.

Glad these two have earned a mention. I don't actually plan any time around TV shows, or watch 'live' TV anymore. I prefer the advert free route of Netflix and Amazon (though they have started to run teaser adverts now on the latter.)

My current list of shows I follow:
The Walking Dead
The Man in the High Castle
South Park
Ghost in The Shell
Sherlock
Utopia
Episodes
Orphan Black
Continuum
Better Call Saul
Mr Robot
Sense8
Humans (re-make)
Game of Thrones
The Code

Ended:
Firefly
Battlestar Galactica (remake)
Flash Forward
Warehouse 13
Fringe
Haven
Breaking Bad
Being Human (UK)

There are more for both lists, but I have to go to work soon, so shall update this post later.

EDIT: I might have to move Haven from the ended list as I've just heard that William Shattner has signed up for a new season.

Sort of the point of Episodes ;) hence why it's so good I think. The two main actors beside Matt are also great in Green Wing in case you hadn't heard of that one.

Last edited:
Sort of the point of Episodes ;) hence why it's so good I think. The two main actors beside Matt are also great in Green Wing in case you hadn't heard of that one.

Yeah I remember watching Green Wing way back in the day ;) Man was it weird!

Matt playing basically himself in Episodes it's kind of brilliant. My favourite bit is still when Steven Mangan said to Matt "that's two guys she's slept with now" and Matt says with shock "Who's the other guy!!?" when it was HIM, that still cracks me up! :lol:

Can't believe I haven't found this thread before.

NCIS: Los Angeles
Person Of Interest
The Blacklist
Doctor Who
Castle

The Pretender. That's one series I would watch glued to the screen. It's been a while but I'd still say it's my favorite. Alarm für Cobra 11 – Die Autobahnpolizei has a spot in my heart too. It's not that special of a show, but over the 38 seasons it definitely had it's moments. When I was a kid, friend's parents wouldn't let her out a lot, so I spent a fair bit of time at their house during summers, we would sit and watch that show every evening. :lol: Quite nostalgic.

Rocket Power. 9 year old me really liked it. :D As well as all other cartoons - Simpsons, Courage the cowardly dog, Tom&Jerry etc. At one moment I really liked TMNT - I was 6 and those were some dark times...

Cowboy Bebop, Rick and Morty is one hell of a show. Haven't really seen anything more these days - White Collar, Castle probably. Didn't follow either one properly though. :)

...Alarm für Cobra 11 – Die Autobahnpolizei has a spot in my heart too. It's not that special of a show, but over the 38 seasons it definitely had it's moments...

...Cowboy Bebop...
38 seasons! Is that the cop version of Perry Rhodan or something?

Cowboy Beebop! Definitely.

38 seasons! Is that the cop version of Perry Rhodan or something?
It's been on since '96, not sure how exactly they crammed 38 seasons into that, but that's what Wikipedia says. Almost 300 episodes. One of the main actors has been starring since the beginning till now aswell, always thought he was the cooler one. :P

Back