Favourite multi-class combinations?

• Thread starter 2clicks
  • 40 comments
We could do GT3, GT4, GT5, Road C?

I just tried G40 Junior with Road B, C, and D. Not as exciting as I thought. Needs more cars to populate the long track. I wonder how long it would take for cars to get spread out around Nordschleife.

I'm doing TCR/TC1/WRX/RX Lites. If only I could tune the WRX cars and give them headlights. Would make a cool Touring Car series. Almost like B-Spec/Speed vision TC.

Do the WRX cars drive normal lines when on normal tracks?
Watching the replay, they drive like a touring car. I was ahead of the RX Lites and midpack with other TCR cars. All WRX cars and an A45, 320 and another A45 were running with them.

I'm trying to set up an online lobby, max 6 other players, multi-class with TC and TC1, filling in the grid with AI cars. Every time I load into the quali session, there's only ever 3 cars in TC1.

Anyone know how I can set the lobby up to have more cars in TC1, and fewer in TC? I want to stay in a TC car myself though.

My favourite is LMP900 GT1 and GTO but Group c gr6 gr5 gr4 is okay u can recreate the b12hr with gt3 gt4 and Renault Meganes or drm style races with group 5 ,group 4 vgta and vgtb

Last edited:
I usually go for LMP1, LMP2 and GT, but I really dislike that we can't repeat one of the choices, for instance I would like to have 2 slots for GTE, but I can't so I have to choose GT3. I tried to just choose 3 classes but then you get as many LMPs as the GTEs, without 2 slots for GT we get wrong proportion between classes.
For weather slots they allow one to choose each slot individually, the same system should be implemented for class selection...

Also I dislike that I see too much repetition of a some cars and others are left out so I don't get to race against some of the cars that I would like to more often. For example in GT1, there are always a ton of F50s and most of all the other GT1 icons get usually left out, it's sad.

A quick way around this would be to adjust the ratio of opponents in the classes you choose. SMS please make it happen. :rolleyes:

Which true custom grids would get rid of. That's what i want the team to add the most. There's something annoying about having 5 or 6 chevy GTE cars in a multiclass feild and only 1 Porsche or Ford for example. I want to be able to race against the proper factory teams as much as possible and maybe 1 or 2 privateers per car.

Yesterday i did an endurance race around Laguna driving an LMP1-H and i swore i lapped the same Chevy 50 times.... until after the race when there was 5 yellow ones in the race, 1 Ford, 2 BMWs, no Porsches or Ferraris at all.

Having the option of selecting our own grids and the game saving our favourites would at a lot to the immersion of the game imo, especially if we are trying to recreate real races.

Which true custom grids would get rid of. That's what i want the team to add the most. There's something annoying about having 5 or 6 chevy GTE cars in a multiclass feild and only 1 Porsche or Ford for example. I want to be able to race against the proper factory teams as much as possible and maybe 1 or 2 privateers per car.

Yesterday i did an endurance race around Laguna driving an LMP1-H and i swore i lapped the same Chevy 50 times.... until after the race when there was 5 yellow ones in the race, 1 Ford, 2 BMWs, no Porsches or Ferraris at all.

Having the option of selecting our own grids and the game saving our favourites would at a lot to the immersion of the game imo, especially if we are trying to recreate real races.

This is because there are less liveries on those cars and more on cars like the Chevy hopefully next time sms adds more liveries to those cars instead of mareks and Porsches which have plenty already

I love classes live group 5 and GT3 because that problem doesn’t exist there

I agree with this 100%. I have enjoyed racing the Road G Mustang against Prototype B (1967 Ford MK4 and Ferrari 330 P4). The Road G Mustang has realistic pace - slightly faster than the Mustangs used in BSCC (BTCC) in the sixties. Trouble is the Road G class is a complete mess with modern cars - GT86 and a pickup truck mixed in with the historic cars. I want to be able to race just the historic cars, especially when doing multi-class racing.

I also enjoy using the 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB4 or the 1973 Porsche 911 from GTA against the Prototype A (917's and 512's), but my enjoyment is currently spoilt by having most of the class have no headlamps. Personally I would either give all the cars headlamps or make GTA for cars without and GTB for cars with headlamps i.e. move the Ferrari 365 and Porsche 911 to GTB - OR better still put them in a separate Historic GT class and add a period Corvette, which they raced in real life - that would massively improve my simulated Daytona and Le Mans 24 hour races!

Here's a fun combination for you all to try! Replicate the 1957 "Monzanapolis 500" (also known as "The Race of Two Worlds") - Indy cars very similar to the Agajanian Watson Roadster in Project Cars battled with Jaguar D Types fielded by the Scottish Ecurie Ecosse Team.

Jimmy Bryan won the race at an average of 160mph and Tony Bettenhausen set a lap record of over 176mph which was a closed course world record at the time. The three D Types all finished the race and although lapped acquitted themselves well.

For a Monzanapolis experience - select Vintage Indy Car and GTC. Choose either an Agajanian Watson Roadster and start last or the Aston Martin DBR1 (our substitute for a Jaguar D Type) and start first - the game will put the Indy Cars at the front. Take great care at the start as the AI will keep wrecking for the first part of the first lap - thread your way through and let the fun commence. Unfortunately without a custom grid option you can't make it just Watson Roadsters v AM DBR1's, but you can still get a very enjoyable and challenging race. Only fly in the ointment apart from not having a Jaguar D Type - the race was run in the opposite direction to the layout in the game - @IanBell the Monza Banked circuit needs a reverse layout for greater authenticity!

NB I was inspired to try this combination because I've just got back from a Historic meeting at Brands Hatch where I was lucky enough to see a couple of Monzanapolis cars racing.

Below some pictures - top one a recreation for a magazine (filmed at Rockingham), bottom two images from the 1957 race.

Monzanapolis.jpg

My current favorite is a field of at least 29 cars of TRDA/GTE/GT3/GT4 :) love doing short 30 minute sprint races.

Last edited:
Back