Favourite Tracks

• Thread starter Jmac279
  • 111 comments
Yea, Still at it! I just can't get past the Ai cars drifting and doing 200 Plus mph, GT2 is my favorite because of that, A fair race is just so nice, And the replays, Don't get me started!

I believe you. đź‘Ť What's funny is last week I needed to finish a few races on a memory card of mine..the Luxury Sedan ones. So I buy a 4-door Skyline Autech version from the used lot. Long story short: now I'm OBSESSED with Skylines. It's been every day, man...checking out new Skylines in the GT2 used lot!

..I'll never get over GT2. In March it'll be 3 years and I still haven't finished discovering new cars and stuff. :dopey:

Last edited:
Having fun huh? Me too!---) Skylines are just too good, I've been driving the older 80's skylines, I wish the one's from GT4 were in GT2, Those skylines date far back and they scream.

Having fun huh? Me too!---) Skylines are just too good, I've been driving the older 80's skylines, I wish the one's from GT4 were in GT2, Those skylines date far back and they scream.

I used the '87 GTS-R in the Muscle Car races! Raced it with a stock suspension & tires and no limited-slip...it still handles better than those slugs (except for the Mustang, which is lighter than the other AI)

So CHECK THIS OUT. I just did some track testing of the '99 GTR vspec. After I was done, I compared the figures to the regular '99 GTR

Zero to 60: 4.834 both cars!
Zero to 100: 12.369 both cars!
400 meters: 13.426 @ 104 mph (GTR)
````````````13.432 @ 103 mph (GTR vspec)

Keep in mind that's with a manual tranny for both cars! The vspec loses the quarter only since it's about 40 pounds heavier but damn...those are some close figures :D
...I get excited over dumb stuff :dunce:

Last edited:
It's ok to have fun playing GT2:). Maybe the next GT will keep people wanting to
play it as long as GT2. Think about it, it's been out over 8 years and people are still
playing it:D. Now that's cool. I guess we can only hope:).

James

Yeah i used teh '87 GTS-R in the Muscle Car races! Raced it with a stock suspension & tires and no limited-slip...it still handles better than those slugs (except for the Mustang, which is lighter than the other AI)

So CHECK THIS OUT. I just did some track testing of the '99 GTR vspec. After i was done, i compared the figures to the regular '99 GTR

Zero to 60: 4.834 both cars!
Zero to 100: 12.369 both cars!
400 meters: 13.426 @ 104 mph (GTR)
````````````13.432 @ 103 mph (GTR vspec)

Keep in mind that's with a manual tranny for both cars! The vspec loses the quarter only since it's about 40 pounds heavier but damn...those are some close figures :D
...i get excited over dumb stuff :dunce:
The cars are extremely close in comparison, I wish the 400R could be upgraded with the same horses as the Vspec, It's got a lite weight chasis also.

I always have been fond of Apricot Hill Speedway... But Pike's Peak, Rome Night, Grindelwald, and Seattle Circuit are better technical courses, thus my votes go for them.

mine are:

-Grindelwald (fave, great course for drifting)
-Rome-Night
-Seattle Circuit (tough one if you do not memorize the course very well)
-Grand Valley Speedway (same as Seattle, braking points are vital if you want to make a fast lap time)
-Deep Forest Raceway (sometimes i use accel-off when turning when i use a fast car, tough course also)

My votes would have to go to Seattle Circuit for technicality and Red Rock Valley for the best mix of everything-speed, sweeping corners, and technical sections. They also just happen to be the tracks I'm best at.

The mutss nuts? hmmm.

I agree.....Rome Nite, Grindelwald, and Red Rock woulda been stellar with a rehash in GT3 or 4. I guess since they knew they were gonna eventually get Nuburgring (sorry, i know that's spelled wrong) they figured they'd just drop Grindelwald.

i too like Grindelwald very much đź‘Ť.., it is like, the best track for me in the game.., i really wish they would bring it back in the GT series.., i just noticed, there are many GT2 players who like Grindelwald.., all Grindelwald fans, who is with me?? :)

yeah, the 3 tracks you mentioned would have been beautiful in GT3 or 4.., i could just imagine how they would look like.., đź’ˇ :)

Yeah Red Rock is such an awesome track. I'm currently deep in gT3, which has no banked tracks other than the Test Course and Stupor Speedway :( I'm glad they brout HS Ring back in gT4.

HYBRIDLVR you're playing with hybrids again??? I"m shocked! *sarcasm* :sly:

haha :lol:.., nice one.., :)

My favourite has changed over time, as I became a better driver I liked the harder tracks more because they offer more challenge. When I started playing I liked HSR & Clubman R5 because there's little grassy areas and you have a smaller chance of spinning out or going off course. I also dig the Test Course (yeah believe me) back then because I liked testing the top speed of cars. Then I went crazy with Grindelwald, Trial Mt. and GVS (they're perfect drifting tracks IMO) and Smokey Mt. North (because of the jumps). And then Motorsports Land & Laguna Seca (because you can break-out of those). Then Seattle Full Circuit (because of Muscle Car Cup) and RRV (because of Speed 12 prize in GT All-Stars). Now my favourites are Rome-Night for road course and Tahiti Maze & Pikes Peak for rally courses.

My least favourites are Tahiti Road (hurts my eye everytime I drove on it) and Rome Circuit Short (hate all of those blind 90 degree turns).

But in GT1 my favourite has always been and will always be SSR11.

LeGeNd1: I'm with you on the test track! Test track in GT2 rocks! Literally....it's a lot bumpier!

Last edited:
To AAZ: Well, maybe it's because I rarely drove on Rome Short, but I always carry too much speed into the 2nd corner, and I always smacked the wall quite hard, causing me to always lose the lead there. If I lost a race on Rome Short, it will always be because of that corner. The problem is, it's blind and it came up after a straight, so you're caught unsuspecting. I love Rome Full though đź‘Ť, the track has a flow like none other. And Rome Night too as you can see from my post above, because it's an excellent test track (and kinda a replacement for SSR11 too, although still vastly inferior to it).

To Parnelli: In what way is it bumpier? I've never driven one in GT3/4 so I don't know. From what I saw though, the Test Course in GT3/4 is much narrower and it has higher walls.

my favourites from GT2 are Seattle and motorsports land (2? can't remember) had some real good fun on that circuit with some of the lesser powered road cars (fiat 500 anyone?!)

To AAZ: Well, maybe it's because I rarely drove on Rome Short, but I always carry too much speed into the 2nd corner, and I always smacked the wall quite hard, causing me to always lose the lead there. If I lost a race on Rome Short, it will always be because of that corner. The problem is, it's blind and it came up after a straight, so you're caught unsuspecting. I love Rome Full though đź‘Ť, the track has a flow like none other. And Rome Night too as you can see from my post above, because it's an excellent test track (and kinda a replacement for SSR11 too, although still vastly inferior to it).

My problem with Rome Short isn't the track...it's the Ai, which takes every opportunity to BASH into you as you try to slow cautiously into the tight L bend. :mad:

To Parnelli: In what way is it bumpier? I've never driven one in GT3/4 so I don't know. From what I saw though, the Test Course in GT3/4 is much narrower and it has higher walls.

The banked curves of the Test Course are super-smooth in GT3/4...like a real test track. Many have complained that the Test "Curse" isn't as dangerous and fun as it was in GT1/2.
:scared:

Back