February 14 Bounty Hunter - Alan Hartman

No one seems to know for sure, but the consensus seems to be next week some time. I'm guessing Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

This is my first time tackling one of these, but I would assume he might be done?? Has he improved previous times more than once in the past?

SO, if I beat Alan Hartman on both events, do I win the winner cars, as well as the participation cars? Or just the winner cars? I mean, I really want the Forza Edition unicorn cars, but like RaceFuchs above I'd love that Porsche GT3 RS.

SO, if I beat Alan Hartman on both events, do I win the winner cars, as well as the participation cars? Or just the winner cars? I mean, I really want the Forza Edition unicorn cars, but like RaceFuchs above I'd love that Porsche GT3 RS.

If you beat his time you get both cars for that event (so you can get up to 4 cars for this bounty hunter).

I keep checking to see if this challenge has ended yet. Nothing. Maybe in 2 hours when the Forzathon activates once again? Any update on Alan Hartmans times, or are they still the same times? Sorry, I'm getting a little 'antsy' hoping to get those 4 cars if I beat him. !Fingers crossed"

Alan's times: 1:48.587 for Daytona, 4:03.536 for Le Mans.
Thanks, it looks like I have to shave off 5 tenths of second at Daytona.

Edit; It appears there is a new Rivals Event, FORZARC March Training Grounds. But it looks like the Alan Hartman Events are still active. Hopefully I can get a winning time in.

Thanks, it looks like I have to shave off 5 tenths of second at Daytona.

Edit; It appears there is a new Rivals Event, FORZARC March Training Grounds. But it looks like the Alan Hartman Events are still active. Hopefully I can get a winning time in.
Add him as a friend and then you can race him directly as a rival, you will know instantly if you beat him ;)

Yeah I looked and looked but I just couldn't find him. Would his tag have like a Turn10 logo or something?

Yeah I looked and looked but I just couldn't find him. Would his tag have like a Turn10 logo or something?
It's best to find him in the Xbox menu on the People tab (upper left corner on the task bar), search for The man who ran, and after finding him, add as a friend, then he should appear as such in the leader-boards (click sort).

Oh crap, that explains it. I was looking for Alan Hartman, I thought that "the Man who Ran" thing meant he ran in marathon for Turn 10. (face palm!)

Thanks I added him. It took about 50 laps at Daytona, (not all at once) to improve my best time. I got a 1:48.711 which still leaves me about .124 behind him. This is without a doubt the toughest challenge I have really tried for in this game and I'll include all the other Forza's. (Usually I would have just given up). The combination of the track and the car makes for a formidable task indeed. This go around I had to do 22 laps, and was able to put 4 clean laps in a row, and eventually beat my 1:49.024.

1:48.587 for Daytona
I almost never come back to these once I've set a decent time but with Hartman besting me by just 7 thousandths, I couldn't let it stand. Did 8 or so laps last night and I'm down to 1:46.495.

Confirmed in the official forums, the event closes on Wednesday 7, midnight Pacific time, and Alan will try to improve his times this weekend!

Confirmed in the official forums, the event closes on Wednesday 7, midnight Pacific time, and Alan will try to improve his times this weekend!
May he fail miserably! He's got me by .124 at Daytona and I have him beat by .134 at Le Mans. I've been pouring everything I have into bettering my time at Daytona, but to no avail. Ugh

I thought I was fine with my Le Mans time. I was O.K. with Alan setting a time that beats mine. Then PJTierney had to blow my Ford GT's time out of the water and force me to get out the racing gloves.

Nothing worse than sliding a GT40 around Le Mans in anger. LOL.

I thought I was fine with my Le Mans time. I was O.K. with Alan setting a time that beats mine. Then PJTierney had to blow my Ford GT's time out of the water and force me to get out the racing gloves.
Nothing worse than sliding a GT40 around Le Mans in anger. LOL.
And that GT in particular! Homologated I can run 3:35.XXX all day, but now I'm just .2XX up on him (with the stability control on, of all things!)

I pulled off a magnificent 1:48.516 at Daytona, just now. Edging him out by 7 one hundredths of a sec. I swear I have put in over 60 laps trying to beat this thing. They should just GIVE you the car if you drive that many laps in a challenge! I still have him beat at Le Mans with a 4:03.402. Hopefully they hold, but I think I'll give each challenge a few more goes before it ends. Thanks everyone for the help!

I'm surprised people struggle with 1:47 at Daytona. I thought i was an average racer at best...

I'm a very average racer at my best, and somehow I'm in top 20-25%. :lol: I admit that I struggled with GT's tendency to push in corner entry.

Alan's final time was 0.013 seconds faster than I had done before. I had one more go this morning and was prepared to do a 20-lap run. I beat his time on my third lap, which felt really slow and messy.

I had forgotten to load Alan's ghost, so I had no idea how I was doing compared to him. I guess it was better that way, because I'd probably messed things up realizing that I was ahead of him.

The big difference was that previously I had gone down to second gear in tight corners, but this time I went down only to third gear and had smoother exits with less wheelspin.

I'm surprised people struggle with 1:47 at Daytona. I thought i was an average racer at best...
Struggle? Dude I've done over 70 laps in that particular event! and he still beats my time. I consider myself an above average racer. But, one event, in one particular car, on one particular track, doesn't prove average, above average or Professional. Consider yourself excellent and lucky enough to get the Forza Edition car as prize.

I found myself fairly consistent in terms of leaderboard placing on FM6, but haven't really focused on it in FM7 yet (splitting my time too much between other games, something that was less of an issue in late 2015). Putting in a good chunk of time can get me into the top 3% or so, but usually I'm around 10% or so with a clean lap. I beat Alan's laps pretty early on at Daytona without actually knowing it, but set him as a Rival on Le Mans just to make sure. The GT40 seems susceptible to FM7's tendency of having mid/rear-engined cars lift their wheels while turning. Though I guess, at a certain speed, that'd be pretty realistic for the car, no?

Back