• Thread starter Eggstor
  • 111 comments

Eggstor

Boring as B-Spec Bob
Premium
United States
Wisconsin
GTP_Eggstor
After PD skipped a month in the content update stream, we know there is going to be one come February. It most likely will be out on the third Thursday of the month, the 16th, in order to be out ahead of the release of the PSVR2 on Wednesday, February 22nd, and will include support for the PSVR2 as GT7 was announced as a (nearly-)fully-compatible launch title.

While it was not announced in the November update, it is also strongly suspected that the February update will also see the fourth "realignment" of the prices in the Hagerty's Legendary Car Dealership as it will be 3 months beyond the third "realignment" in November. As that one was the smallest of the three "realignments" (2,610,000 Cr./0.85% increase), one can only guess at how much inflation will be around this time.

Beyond that, the floor is now open for predictions. Do try to keep it clean.

Edit - added the year to the title.

Edit part 2 (2/6) -
The Playstation blog says the update will "hit" on the 22nd, though I presume it will be the 21st in at least the Western Hemisphere and quite possibly in Europe to allow eastern Asia to have it available by the time the stores selling the PSVR2 open there.

Edit part 3 (2/13) -
We have the date (Tuesday, 2/21) and the version number (1.29). Other than VR-related features, including a VR Showroom, nothing else is confirmed.

Edit part 4 (2/18 morning) - There's 4 cars in the
Kaz silhouette tweet, and his English translation has the plural "Big updates are coming next week". However, Google translated the Japanese text to the singular, specifically "Next week's update is pretty big." Running the English portion through Bing's translator to Japanese and back to English also changed the "update/updates" to singular form, so we'll know if it's one planned or multiple planned updates when it drops/they drop.

Edit part 5 (2/20) - The February update trailer dropped, and what dropped qualifies as "Big", at least if you have the PS5 version. 4 1/2 new cars (1970 Citroen DS 21 Pallas, 1965 Honda RA272, 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901), and road/off-road versions of the Italdesign EXENEO VGT, all new to the series), 2 layouts of a reimagined Grand Valley race track, a pair of new photography features in Scapes (no mention of new locations though), and, for PS5 users, both PSVR2 support and a limited-time event featuring the Sophy AI (sorry PS4 players). This is a reminder that the trailer has never mentioned new standalone events at the tracks, new missions, Menu Books or engine swaps (either new engines or new cars for existing engines), and only once has mentioned Extra Menu collections.

Last edited:
This tweet suggests the update will be on PSVR2 release date

That would break the Thursday tradition, and given the International Date Line, also mean a Tuesday update for at least the Western Hemisphere and possibly western Europe so that the PSVR2 content is playable in Asia on the 22nd.

They're going to add a car with a big interior because that can be pretty fun in VR. It could be a SUV, a station wagon or even a minivan. I say this is the perfect opportunity for the Alphard to shine!

My predictions: Alphard, Ferrari 599, Chevelle SS.

I was also thinking about the new Super Formula car, but in GT Sport they were added in late March, just a few weeks before the real first race, so I guess we have to wait a little more.

I don't believe in new tracks, but I do belive in "new" layouts. The Nurburgring Sprint layout will be added and to make things even better, a 2-laps Sunday Cup event!

Let's republish my February prediction (that was for January update indeed)

My crystal ball says:

Cars
1991 Mercedes 190E 2.5 Evo 2
1998 Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS
2012 Catherham 7 SL R500
1974 BMW 2002 Turbo
1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer EVolution 8 MR
1996 Nissan Nismo 400R
(new record of update cars... too optimistic)

Track
Cote D' Azure (Monaco)
Sebring
(one of them don't be too optimistic)

Features
Multiclass races
More customization in on line lobbies
Championships
Αbility to sell parts and engines

Scapes
Greece
Canada

Last edited:
This is gonna be just the same as all the other predictions threads, isn't it...

Still holding strong on the LFA.

Still holding strong on the 190E, even more so with how frequently it showed up in the FM8 trailer. I'm no conspiracist, but something tells me PD ain't just gonna let that one slide. :lol:

If we carry on the 3-car schedule, the last car will probably be a race car, and possibly one that many have been clamoring for. Castrol NSX/GT-One/R390, take your pick.

We'll probably end up getting those two Nurburgring layouts, as well as (hopefully) a fix to the Nurburgring Clubman 600 payout. 25k>125k sounds fine to me.

A few new extra menus, as usual. Probably related to the cars we get in the update.

Don't expect any changes to engine swaps, S parts or the grinding meta. The Gr.4 BOP will still favour 4WD cars over all else, and shuffle mode/seasonal events will still be nowhere to be seen.

I really want this update to be a hefty one that brings plenty of people back, but somehow I doubt that'll happen. Not a pessimist, just realistic.

7 cars
Audi rs6 avant 02
bmw m5 e60
dodge challanger demon
honda castrol nsx jgtc
mercedes 190e evo to put some shame into forza poor model.
lexus lfa
toyota celica 1600 gt

tracks
either nurburgring lauouts or sebring.

and i wish for an career expansion to include more championchips races including more high paying races. Would even be fine paying for that Its possible to get supercharger high rpm s and ultra high rpm turbocharger for remaining cars in the game. I think its time they finally add that option.

This is gonna be just the same as all the other predictions threads, isn't it...

Still holding strong on the LFA.

Still holding strong on the 190E, even more so with how frequently it showed up in the FM8 trailer. I'm no conspiracist, but something tells me PD ain't just gonna let that one slide. :lol:

If we carry on the 3-car schedule, the last car will probably be a race car, and possibly one that many have been clamoring for. Castrol NSX/GT-One/R390, take your pick.

We'll probably end up getting those two Nurburgring layouts, as well as (hopefully) a fix to the Nurburgring Clubman 600 payout. 25k>125k sounds fine to me.

A few new extra menus, as usual. Probably related to the cars we get in the update.

Don't expect any changes to engine swaps, S parts or the grinding meta. The Gr.4 BOP will still favour 4WD cars over all else, and shuffle mode/seasonal events will still be nowhere to be seen.

I really want this update to be a hefty one that brings plenty of people back, but somehow I doubt that'll happen. Not a pessimist, just realistic.
Of course it is; a lot of hopium, a little bit of sarcasm, very little reality.

I suppose I should make my predictions since I kicked over this hornets' nes...er...round:

• The first over-20,000,000 Cr. Hagerty's cars (yes, plural) to headline an over-20,000,000 Cr. price hike.
  • The return of the Dior Mangusta...at a 7-figure price.
  • 3 new cars, none of which the community wants.
  • Still no Escudo or Ford Roadster.
  • A new rally track (Tahiti?), with the potentially-most-lucrative event of the three having an imposssible-to-get CRB to keep the per-hour rate at under 700,000 Cr.
  • No other new events or menu books.
  • 2 extra menu collections involving Hagerty's cars and requiring 8 figures of credits spent to complete.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go old man here........

I might be the only one, but I do NOT welcome this VR thing. First of all, I am not running out to buy one now or anytime in the future. So what has me concerned is that all or the majority of the updates moving forward will be highly based on the VR product. In a game that has already missed the mark in its first year for so many of us, there is now a new toy that PD will focus more on appeasing that crowd then the traditionalists. So many people on here are hyped about this thing and for me, it just feels like we're getting further and further away from what was originally promised........a return to the original style game.

I truly hope this VR is everything you guys wish for. I also hope that these developers will remember that not everyone will be able to run out and buy it or willing to accept it so quickly.

it just feels like we're getting further and further away from what was originally promised........a return to the original style game.
I agree that the game (especially at launch) missed the mark badly and still isn't where it should be, but I don't see how VR is a move away from the "original style game". If anything, it's a move towards a more immersive simulation experience. The attention to detail that's admired by all on a flat-screen will be truly realized in VR.

I can't read opinions like the below quote and not realize that GT in VR the epitome of what GT should be. Experiencing track elevation, and road undulations as they'd reveal themselves IRL, isn't a step away from becoming "The real driving simulator", it's a step towards it. A proper return to "original style game" would mean SD, no thumb-sticks, no rumble, lol.

"But the appeal is more sensory, less pixel-counting, because the feeling you get from hurtling around the Nürburgring against a full field of cars is unparalleled for a device of this mould."

GT7 VR Preview
Don't get me wrong, I understand that the PSVR2 is a luxury add-on that might be out of reach for many. But in the same breath, the PS5 is a luxury product as well... It's a $500+ gaming console (plenty of people payed upwards of $800 during the pandemic) in addition to GT7 being a $70 game.

Last edited:

I might be the only one, but I do NOT welcome this VR thing. First of all, I am not running out to buy one now or anytime in the future. So what has me concerned is that all or the majority of the updates moving forward will be highly based on the VR product. In a game that has already missed the mark in its first year for so many of us, there is now a new toy that PD will focus more on appeasing that crowd then the traditionalists. So many people on here are hyped about this thing and for me, it just feels like we're getting further and further away from what was originally promised........a return to the original style game.

I truly hope this VR is everything you guys wish for. I also hope that these developers will remember that not everyone will be able to run out and buy it or willing to accept it so quickly.
VR is just being integrated, it's not really adding or taking anything that was not anything there. In the same way VRR or HDR change the way you view the game, it's just a display option.

Last edited:

I will counter your old man with mine.....

I can't wait for the VR update because I already pre-ordered it and VR in GT Sport had so much potential that I hope it will be (mostly) fully realized here....

But PD being PD, I would not be surprised if the VR does not get updated as often because they keep adding things but not making what they already have even better.

I will counter your old man with mine.....

I can't wait for the VR update because I already pre-ordered it and VR in GT Sport had so much potential that I hope it will be (mostly) fully realized here....

But PD being PD, I would not be surprised if the VR does not get updated as often because they keep adding things but not making what they already have even better.
The VR is just the whole game in 3D (plus the showroom), so by updating the main game they'll be updating the VR.

Just psvr2, there will be some outrage online but the devs will react with "Don't you guys have the psvr2?"

Updates will come but only after forza motorsport will wipe the floor with GT7. FM Will be the first big W for xbox having a better option in a specific genre of gaming for this console generation.

Anyways back to ACC :D

Last edited:
Just psvr2, there will be some outrage online but the devs will react with "Don't you guys have the psvr2?"

Updates will come but only after forza motorsport will wipe the floor with GT7. FM Will be the first big W for xbox having a better option in a specific genre of gaming for this console generation.

Anyways back to ACC :D

From what i seen forza motorsport wont wipe the floor with gt7, and proably no vr so big win for gt7 there already, we dont really know if february Will just bring vr, but most likely other content to, and besides forza motorsport uses recycled cars from 360 era, the forza wing still the same for almost 15 years witch proably mean that visual customazion will fall far behind gt7 from the looks of it, its just talk same way everytime we see a new motorsport game, until they can back up the claims its just empty words

Back