February 2023/PSVR2 update prediction thread

• Thread starter Eggstor
  • 111 comments
Come on guys, PoDy literally said the update will come on 22, why are you expecting it to come one week before?

They didin’t say the update would be specific on 22nd, they proably update it before to get reviews out for psvr2 one week a head

Hmm, the PSVR2 free upgrade arrives on the 22 as it should, but maybe a possible update for content arrives the 23. I’m getting skeptical now. Might be a first, in a good while, for Gran Turismo content to arrive on a Wednesday. If there’s new content at all.

Hmm, the PSVR2 free upgrade arrives on the 22 as it should, but maybe a possible update for content arrives the 23. I’m getting skeptical now. Might be a first, in a good while, for Gran Turismo content to arrive on a Wednesday. If there’s new content at all.
But why would they do two updates in consecutive days instead of just doing them both on the same day? You'd also have two lots of downtime then as well.

I feel like you're just attributing the Thursday pattern to being something unbreakable, when they could just.. do it on a different day instead. It's not a concrete law or anything.

But why would they do two updates in consecutive days instead of just doing them both on the same day? You'd also have two lots of downtime then as well.

I feel like you're just attributing the Thursday pattern to being something unbreakable, when they could just.. do it on a different day instead. It's not a concrete law or anything.
I know it’s not concrete. I think we got a GT Sport update, on a Monday or Tuesday. I’m not even reaching for anything. We didn’t get a January update whether it being for holiday purposes or not. We don’t know if they can just push a button for cars that are ready to be added. Why wait each month because it just happens that way? PD could just as easily release a bunch of content every six months. I’m only using what’s available as I don’t know whats happening behind the scenes.

I swear I remember one of the earlier updates in GT7s life came on a Monday / early in the week. I could be imagining things though...

I want a secret boxing mode where after a race you can go into the pits and argue with other drivers and throw down.
I would add an electric chair for serious conversations.

@Topic
i expect the usual some new cars and maybe a new course.
A new menu book bug fixes and new glitches.
I would really appreciate a new mission pack with a bunch of new one hour endurance races but I don’t see that coming not from a mile.

Last edited:
I swear I remember one of the earlier updates in GT7s life came on a Monday / early in the week. I could be imagining things though...
The update history (dates based off the official news page; the wikia has the wrong date for 1.20):

1.05 (launch day update) - Friday, 3/4
1.06 (bug squash) - Thursday, 3/10
1.07 (bug squash/reward killer/game-breaker) - Thursday, 3/17
1.08 (emergency fix) - Friday, 3/18
1.09 (bug squash) - Friday, 3/25 (corrected day of week)
1.11 (reward restorer) - Thursday, 4/7
1.12 (auto-invite) - Wednesday, 4/13
1.13 (content) - Monday, 4/25 (thanks for the correction, @Artremis)
1.15 (content/high-end wheel FFB nerf) - Thursday, 5/26
1.16 (bug squash/mostly end of high-end wheel FFB nerf) - Thursday, 6/9
1.17 (content/beginning of Luca Abuse) - Thursday, 6/23
1.18 (bug squash/end of Luca Abuse) - Wednesday, 7/6
1.19 (content) - Thursday, 7/28
1.20 (content) - Thursday, 8/25
1.21 (bug squash) - Thursday, 9/1
1.23 (content) - Thursday, 9/29
1.24 (bug squash) - Thursday, 10/6
1.25 (content) - Thursday, 10/20
1.26 (content) - Thursday, 11/24
1.27 (content) Thursday, 12/15

Last edited:
The update history (dates based off the official news page; the wikia has the wrong date for 1.20):

1.05 (launch day update) - Friday, 3/4
1.06 (bug squash) - Thursday, 3/10
1.07 (bug squash/reward killer/game-breaker) - Thursday, 3/17
1.08 (emergency fix) - Friday, 3/18
1.09 (bug squash) - Thursday, 3/25
1.11 (reward restorer) - Thursday, 4/7
1.12 (auto-invite) - Wednesday, 4/13
1.13 (content) - Thursday, 4/25
1.15 (content/high-end wheel FFB nerf) - Thursday, 5/26
1.16 (bug squash/mostly end of high-end wheel FFB nerf) - Thursday, 6/9
1.17 (content/beginning of Luca Abuse) - Thursday, 6/23
1.18 (bug squash/end of Luca Abuse) - Wednesday, 7/6
1.19 (content) - Thursday, 7/28
1.20 (content) - Thursday, 8/25
1.21 (bug squash) - Thursday, 9/1
1.23 (content) - Thursday, 9/29
1.24 (bug squash) - Thursday, 10/6
1.25 (content) - Thursday, 10/20
1.26 (content) - Thursday, 11/24
1.27 (content) Thursday, 12/15
4/25 was a monday, not a thursday

It's the first time they hyped an update more than a day before, and Kaz has yet to tweet an "update coming" post, so we don't yet know if all we're getting is VR support/the VR Showroom. I'll also note that 1.28 was skipped.

It's the first time they hyped an update more than a day before, and Kaz has yet to tweet an "update coming" post, so we don't yet know if all we're getting is VR support/the VR Showroom. I'll also note that 1.28 was skipped.
Skiped, or just a reserved slot for a content update for both PS4 and PS5 versions.

Kaz said that the most pleasant way to enjoy PSVR2 was at slow pace, in an open top car on Tokyo. If some cars are meant to come, I would bet on one of these 5 in the datamined car list:

• Caterham Seven Super Light R500 '12
  • Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '58
  • Mazda Roadster RF VS (ND) '18
  • Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
  • Bugatti Type 37 A Grand Prix '28

The non-VR people are gonna get hosed big time moving forward........
yes they are abandoning all the millions of "flat" players

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Skiped, or just a reserved slot for a content update for both PS4 and PS5 versions.

Kaz said that the most pleasant way to enjoy PSVR2 was at slow pace, in an open top car on Tokyo. If some cars are meant to come, I would bet on one of these 5 in the datamined car list:

• Caterham Seven Super Light R500 '12
  • Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '58
  • Mazda Roadster RF VS (ND) '18
  • Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
  • Bugatti Type 37 A Grand Prix '28
Most likely skipped because the build proved to be about as unstable as 1.07 in internal testing. It isn't the first time PD skipped a number, but it is the first time they skipped both a number and a month. That leads me to believe they couldn't resolve whatever was wrong with 1.28 before the end of last month.

Those are some interesting cars, especially since we haven't seen Caterham since GT6.

I just hope that they add a GT League update coinciding with the VR2 update.

(I know they won’t but I can still hope)

I mean: imo: the game desperately needs this regardless of the VR update but it would be a great time to introduce this feature as it would give people a fair whack of curated, single player content to play in VR

I just hope that they add a GT League update coinciding with the VR2 update.

(I know they won’t but I can still hope)

I mean: imo: the game desperately needs this regardless of the VR update but it would be a great time to introduce this feature as it would give people a fair whack of curated, single player content to play in VR
I would put it this way: I don't need the VR update, but I do desperately need more content (events).

Back