Feedback on GT Sport VR: More features requested

• Thread starter xetiro
  • 6 comments
Portugal
Portugal
I am loving the all GT Sport experience since day one. What a game! Great job PD!

The VR races are an absolutely extraordinary and beautiful experience. But this is where I would like to ask PD to add more features to the VR mode. I am not talking about more cars on the track, since I am aware of the technical trade-off between the standard experience and the VR experience, but there are some limitations that are just "limited" by design choice. The biggest limitation for me is the fact that the VR mode only consists in 2 lap races or even 1 lap race if its in a big track such as Nurburgring.

So here are some of my suggestions to improve the VR support options:
  1. Add the possibility to customize the race in terms of number of laps. So the user can engadge for longer time in the track.
  2. Add the Time Trial option in VR where the CPU car is replaced by the ghost car of the best lap. So we can actually race in VR for record lap times.
  3. Add VR achievements. So VR users can be rewarded.
  4. Change the starting grid by putting the CPU car starting in the first place. So the user can enjoy the view of the opponent car from the start and actually to be forced to take him over.

Is any one else here racing GT Sport in VR? What you think about my suggestions?

I don't have a PSVR (yet!), but I'm looking forward to it.

@xetiro's suggestions make a lot of sense, and don't appear to be likely to cause additional stress on the resources. Well thought out.

I appreciate the heads up on the limitations of the VR implementation. It's nice to have realistic expectations and not go into VR making too many assumptions.

I gave it a try last night and not bad at all. Its funny because in all the GT versions I have always driven in bumper view, could not drive as quick in cockpit view. But with VR and the cockpit and view, I have no troubles at all so I really enjoy it.
  • Add the possibility to customize the race in terms of number of laps. So the user can engadge for longer time in the track.
  • Add the Time Trial option in VR where the CPU car is replaced by the ghost car of the best lap. So we can actually race in VR for record lap times.
  • Add VR achievements. So VR users can be rewarded.
I like the first 3 options and would be happy for these to be added at some point

I agree with your 4 points and would like to add

5. Ability to increase AI skill 6. Ability to adjust brake balance/traction control in VR.
6. Ability to adjust brake balance/traction control in VR.

Also, in the VR Showroom I want to sit in the cars and look around inside and rev the engine, this was great in driveclub VR.

And I would rather they took Dirt Rally VR approach for the car modelling in VR races, I don't need to see my back seat when racing, I would rather the cpu/gpu power put to giving me an online VR opponent.

But I am loving driving bathurst and nurburg in VR, cant wait for more tracks, It's nice that the miles in VR add to the daily workout miles, so it is possible to progress and unlock cars in VR only.

Interesting comparison of VR on PS4 vs PS4 Pro, incidentally providing good insight into the overall GTS experience on PSVR.

Back