Feedback On My Lap!?

• Thread starter Alex Pepe
  • 18 comments
United States
Florida
ColdFusionEnergy
Hey guys! I was hoping some of you who enjoy commenting could point out the parts of my lap that need work. I know I can Improve everywhere but I bet a new set of eyes is better!

Thanks!

hey mate don't get crazy with all this previous rounds. Only the last round counts so just wait for it. Maybe its gonna be a completely new track and an other car wich we have to accommodate to. All i wanna say is that things will change in the last round no matter if you are fast or slow in this first rounds. Maybe you will like the car and track so much and you'll not struggle so hard like now. So just don't go crazy with this first rounds and never give up :)
Im taking it easy till the last round start. 2013 I was close to qualify to the national finals. Was the whole last round in the top 30 and then I left the country and when i came back i was on place 37. The first 30 made it to the national finals so I was pissed off cuz I was so close.... Now im waiting for the final round and hope that we'll get a nice car and a nice track wich we all gonna enjoy :) Im more confident then the last years so im ready to fight for it and see what happens.
And to your round: everybody has his own stye to drive so its hard to say where you should improve. Asking us for tipps is hard because only you know and feel in wich rounds you can make it better. But don't forget not to get crazy with this first rounds because in the last one everything will change and we'll start from the bottom no matter if you are fast to slow in the beginning. Wait for it mate and have fun ;)
Good luck

Greetings from Germany

Focus on hitting your apexes in the 2nd and third corner.. They lost you a lot of time, especially in t3. Also, don't drop to 3rd for t5, only 4th, and don't drop to 2nd for t6. 👍

Focus on hitting your apexes in the 2nd and third corner.. They lost you a lot of time, especially in t3. Also, don't drop to 3rd for t5, only 4th, and don't drop to 2nd for t6. 👍
Thank you very much for the help. If I cleaned it up what do you think I would hit time wise?

Which turn is T1 for you?

Well my best lap is a 22.2 with some drifting in the 2nd 3rd 4th and and 8th corners. I need to carry more speed round the back of the circuit but that's easier said than done..

Without drifting I'd say a mid 22 is easily achievable

T1 is paddock hill bend.. The first corner.. T2 is the tight 180 degrees right hander

Well my best lap is a 22.2 with some drifting in the 2nd 3rd 4th and and 8th corners. I need to carry more speed round the back of the circuit but that's easier said than done..

Without drifting I'd say a mid 22 is easily achievable

T1 is paddock hill bend.. The first corner.. T2 is the tight 180 degrees right hander
Can you explain how to properly initiate the drift. I know that is what I have to do to be faster I just can't. I think its why I look sloppy. Should I try not to drift at first and get that 22.5~ and then try drifting?

I'd probably try to get your consistency down without drifting first. But the main thing with gt is just practice.. There's no secrets to being fast, you just have to play 1000's of hours to get quick

I'd probably try to get your consistency down without drifting first. But the main thing with gt is just practice.. There's no secrets to being fast, you just have to play 1000's of hours to get quick
I try haha

Is the 4th round 2 weeks long as well?

Can you explain how to properly initiate the drift. I know that is what I have to do to be faster I just can't. I think its why I look sloppy. Should I try not to drift at first and get that 22.5~ and then try drifting?

Hey man,

There are lots of different ways to initiate a bit of a slide, and it's not going to be the same each time. Not to sound mean, but if you're at the point where you need someone to explain a bit of an actual technique, then honestly what you need is more experience. Watch, analyze, copy and practice, practice, practice. Educate yourself on every aspect of driving. You're obviously very anxious, but just relax, put in the work, and don't give up.

The first year I tried the TTs was...2011 I believe. I ended up in like 3,000th place. The next year I ended up like 1,000th. 2013 I made it down to 300 just in my own region (US) but practiced my butt off and kept educating myself on everything, analyzing my technique and racing with as many people as I could, and last year I qualified something like 15th in the US and made it to the national finals (not race camp)...what I'm trying to say is, if you don't make it this year, keep going...but relax.

Hey man,

There are lots of different ways to initiate a bit of a slide, and it's not going to be the same each time. Not to sound mean, but if you're at the point where you need someone to explain a bit of an actual technique, then honestly what you need is more experience. Watch, analyze, copy and practice, practice, practice. Educate yourself on every aspect of driving. You're obviously very anxious, but just relax, put in the work, and don't give up.

The first year I tried the TTs was...2011 I believe. I ended up in like 3,000th place. The next year I ended up like 1,000th. 2013 I made it down to 300 just in my own region (US) but practiced my butt off and kept educating myself on everything, analyzing my technique and racing with as many people as I could, and last year I qualified something like 15th in the US and made it to the national finals (not race camp)...what I'm trying to say is, if you don't make it this year, keep going...but relax.
Im anxious because I think I can make it. Im 517th and last round I was 6000th~. I know I can be faster.

I just dropped another .1 off my time but I think I turned off my PS3 before I registered it by exiting lol *tear roles down face*

Hey guys! I was hoping some of you who enjoy commenting could point out the parts of my lap that need work. I know I can Improve everywhere but I bet a new set of eyes is better!

Thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brands_Hatch#/media/File:Brands_Hatch.svg

Paddock - Decent. Wouldn't change much.
Druids - Downshifted too slow and braked too lightly at the start. That's why you went wide and made the fronts mad. This needs to be aggressive. Also, get the car on the right side of the track much earlier exiting here.
Graham Hill: Right idea but you're coming at a bad angle. If you follow the instructions for exiting Druids, the car will rotate a lot more when you downshift to 2nd rather than burn up the fronts since your approach is a lot more straight. You will need to be more aggressive with the throttle on exit, though.
Surtees: I like the general idea except you end up dropping too much speed midcorner (shouldn't be lower than 65 mph). You can brake a little earlier and try to get the rotation at the right spot for a WOT exit. Not that easy so start by keeping the speed up through the entire complex.
Hawthorns: Braked too late (should be no later than the red part of the armco to your right) and completely missed the racing line as a result. Really focus here because you're going to gain a boatload of time on the exit.
Westfield: Not close enough to the outside of the track at the entry. Otherwise, you could've used less steering angle and carried more speed through the apex. Finally, the slide occurred more because you shifted into 2nd. I'm inclined to believe that was unintentional. While you would want rotation, it should be via the brakes.
Sheene: I'd keep hitting it like that for now and focus on the other corners.
Stirlings: Good rotation. Just was a fraction too close to the cone which will happen. Just need to keep trying.
Clark: See Sheene

Druids - Downshifted too slow and braked too lightly at the start. That's why you went wide and made the fronts mad. This needs to be aggressive. Also, get the car on the right side of the track much earlier exiting here.
Graham Hill: Right idea but you're coming at a bad angle. If you follow the instructions for exiting Druids, the car will rotate a lot more when you downshift to 2nd rather than burn up the fronts since your approach is a lot more straight. You will need to be more aggressive with the throttle on exit, though.
Surtees: I like the general idea except you end up dropping too much speed midcorner (shouldn't be lower than 65 mph). You can brake a little earlier and try to get the rotation at the right spot for a WOT exit. Not that easy so start by keeping the speed up through the entire complex.
Hawthorns: Braked too late (should be no later than the red part of the armco to your right) and completely missed the racing line as a result. Really focus here because you're going to gain a boatload of time on the exit.
Westfield: Not close enough to the outside of the track at the entry. Otherwise, you could've used less steering angle and carried more speed through the apex. Finally, the slide occurred more because you shifted into 2nd. I'm inclined to believe that was unintentional. While you would want rotation, it should be via the brakes.
Stirlings: Good rotation. Just was a fraction too close to the cone which will happen. Just need to keep trying.
Thank you so much! THis is going to help a ton! A corner by corner analysis is something you don't find so I really really appreciate this. Thanks again.

What is a WOT exit

If you know how to study replays using data logger then that's a good start, and it goes along way.
Ive been trying that out. I was looking through my stats yesterday and I dont know how much driving time is decent but 425 hours spent driving for me. My favorite track as determined by the miles driven is brands hatch. I never have driven much on BH before gt academy so that shows something about my effort. I believe it was 1,500 miles~

Latest Posts

Back