FEEL-VR - universal, affordable for home use motion sim

• Thread starter Den Krutko
  • 40 comments
Because I haven't been on really in 2 months for the most part lol

What I meant is when in VR environment, you don't notice huge sloshy movements, you notice the Gs. You only notice those movements when not in VR.

Anyway, I think we mean the same thing.

Not really, Big Over the top motion doesn't all of a sudden feel immersive just because you put on the VR. The Large ques that Do NOT exist in a road car wont provide that " eureka moment " when bombing around the Nords thats for sure.

I'm not speaking of "big over the top" movements." I'm speaking of a properly calibrated rig. Why must it automatically default to the lowest end of the spectrum. Those simulators like the one in question, properly calibrated were born for VR.

Kidz Play

Fully calibrated Virtual Reality Motion Sim :)
2WMhZ7G.jpg

Looking very interesting.

Not sure if you have given it much thought yet but you will want to do a fairly comprehensive risk assessment on this once you develop a working prototype. Identify things like pinch points, impact points, the risk of falling etc. As a manufacturer whatever you sell has to be safe and you have to prove that you have safe systems in place because if something happens and someone gets injured using one of these seats at home you could be at the receiving end of a law suit. Having a risk assessment and implementing safe guards for the risks is vital. For instance you may need an emergency stop on the seat, as well as harnesses etc.

Also because it has electrical components and you need to connect it to mains power, you are going to need to get it complied in the relevant areas it will be sold to ensure all your earthing, noise suppression etc is compliant.

Just an observation from an electrical engineering stand point :)
I fully agree. It will be fully tested and of course will have harness and emergency stop.
Concerning electronics - it will be UL and CE certified, so that will guarantee the safety.

Correct and i never disagreed with that.....So my point still stands, HUGE sloshy movements Break the immersion and actually add to the potential for motion sickness due to the forces not "working together" with the mental picture your brain is working with.
Agree, that's just mechanics that allows for those huge angles. They can be made smaller anytime. I plan to test different configurations of angles/torque pairs (the less are angles more torque is produced) and select the best one. The main point is to prevent delay in movement, so the angle will be selected the maximal but that delivers enough torque for vigorous movement.

First prototype photos and renders.

Since that time, i have made improvements in mechanics in 3d, so need to make them in prototype now.

Also software beta have been written and now it supports rFactor, rFactor 2, LFS and iRacing for now.

Other game support is on the go.

I plan to publish video of operation after implementing mechanics improvements in prototype.

Looks great. I still think you should ditch the center post and go with a dual post on each side attached to the side arms. If you wish you can PM me and I can show you. :)

Nice and keep up the good work

Back