Felipe Massa Sues the FIA Over 2008 World ChampionshipFormula 1 

• Thread starter Famine
  • 54 comments
All Massa is going to do is ruin his reputation, regardless of the outcome, what it with Brazilian drivers and ruining reputations these days? First the Piquets....
Nelson Piquet has always been a p*ick even before the racist Hamilton comments.

He called Enzo Ferrari a senile old man. Constantly attacked Nigel Mansell and his family. Also constantly dissed Ayrton Senna.

Even after Ayrton Sennas death he dissed him again when an interviewer said who was better you or Senna he said well im alive next to Nigel Mansell. Nigel mansell was not laughing and the interviewer said that was too far.

Nelson piquet will always live in the shadow of Emerson Fittpaldi and Ayrton Senna. Well deserved to be honest.

Last edited:

He called Enzo Ferrari a senile old man. Constantly attacked Nigel Mansell and his family. Also constantly dissed Ayrton Senna.

Even after Ayrton Sennas death he dissed him again when an interviewer said who was better you or Senna he said well im alive next to Nigel Mansell. Nigel mansell was not laughing and the interviewer said that was too far.

Nelson piquet will always live in the shadow of Emerson Fittpaldi and Ayrton Senna. Well deserved to be honest.
It's certainly rubbed off on Nelson Jr.

I'm not a Max fan, but between his terrible father and Nelson Piquet in his orbit, it's incredibly endearing to see him be so sweet and patient with Penelope (Piquet? Kyvat?)

This whole ordeal just gives me second hand embarrassment for Massa. What a way to tarnish your reputation.

It just feels a bit grubby and disappointing from someone I really admired as a driver. The way he took that title loss, that dignity he showed, yeah it’s highly tarnished by this I think.

Last edited:
As much as I want to say some scumbag lawyer made the greatest sell job imaginable, yeah this feels like he is now reaching for the impossible (while ignoring how he also benefitted in the same season and far more directly).

His lawyers want Hamilton, who was racing for McLaren at the time to support the claims.

"He is an important ambassador for the sport and has always defended sporting integrity. He is an honorary Brazilian citizen and very well liked by Brazilians, so I hope he will support us," Viana said.

"We have absolutely nothing against Hamilton."

The Briton, who now drives for Mercedes, has said he was not focused on something that happened 15 years ago.

I am sure the guy who is independently bitter about a separate championship he didn't win will happily coöperate; the guy who believes he should be a record-breaking eight-time champion will acquiesce to being a six-time champion.

Very disappointed. When I first heard this I thought it was fake news, then I found out it was actually real. Massa has definitely gone down in my books. 2008 was a rollercoaster of a season - you could give Massa the Singapore points but then you'd have to take away his win at Spa due to manipulation of the rules. You could also say that he should have drove better at Silverstone after spinning 5 times whilst Hamilton drove one of the most dominant victories of all time.

The most important thing to mention is the counter to Singapore. How does anyone know what would happen in subsequent races if Massa were given those extra points? Maybe Mclaren engineers would work an extra few hours a night to find more lap time? Perhaps Hamilton would have driven more focused? Perhaps Massa would have driven less focused because of a greater lead?

Whilst you're at it, award 1990 to Prost and 1994 to Hill. Rewrite all the races from 1984 so that Derek Warwick wins.

Whilst you're at it, award 1990 to Prost and 1994 to Hill. Rewrite all the races from 1984 so that Derek Warwick wins.
Award Life the 1990 constructor's championship too!

Pretty much said what I wanted to say in the comments of this video so here's a far shorter version because TLDR:

When you look at many championship decisions changed or even wins reversed, they all happened within a year. That mistaken win at Brazil where Hakkinen won only for the FIA to give it to Fisichella because of the actual timing of the Yellow? That happened within a week. Schumacher's disqualification from that 1997 season? Within days. Mclaren's exclusion from the constructors title for "Spygate"? That very season. Only three examples but the common thread here? All of them took place within a year and directly involving the offending party. This case does none of that.

And then the longtime ramifications are pretty much ALL lose for Massa regardless of how successful or unsuccessful this is. He succeeds, its the most hollow victory one can manage in ALL of sports and makes him look like the only way he can win ANYTHING is with lawyers. He doesn't succeed, he's basically a washed up has-been who choked at nearly every opportunity imaginable, including this case. Either way, any children he has (who I hope don't want to be racing drivers) are by proxy gonna be forever associated with a sore loser.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back