Ferrari 458 or Lamborghini LP-560?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LtLeadFarmer
  • 21 comments
  • 1,850 views
I'll take the LP 570-4 Superleggera. Don't care how good the 458 is supposed to be, I'm not much of a Ferrari fan. I'd probably prefer the R8 V10 over both, though.
 
Er...didn't the Gallardo come before the R8?
 
Yeah, the R8 is somewhat based on the Gallardo. I still prefer it, though.
 
I love how the Gallardo looks, but the 458 is a next generation mid-sized supercar. It's like comparing a PS2 with a Xbox 360.
 
It's like comparing a PS2 with a Xbox 360.

Including the RRoD - or in this case, the BBQoD :sly:
But, really, for that kind of money, I'd rather buy two different cars, anyways. Something like an E92 M3 or the F10 M5 and a project/track car, probably something JDM...
 
Ferrari 458.

Always been a fan of the prancing ponies.
 
I saw a white 458 earlier today, I've not been to keen on them really, but seeing one for real and not just in a picture changed my perception. It looked great, especially in white!
 
This whole business about Ferrari tuning their cars for a specific track that is to be used in a comparison test, putting stickier rubber on their cars, and otherwise finding ways to bend the rules in their favor really makes it hard to want one of those cars. I wouldn't be able to live with a car knowing that's nowhere near as good as the auto publications are fooled into saying it is.

There's a Jalopnik article about it somewhere...

EDIT: Of course, this isn't 100% proven, and I'd be interested to see a rebuttal by another motoring journalist, but until I find some reasonable counter evidence, I'll stick with it.
 
Personally, if I were offered one of these cars for free, I wouldn't take it. I'm not a fan of paying a Miata to pull out a door ding or change a timing belt.

But if these were the only cars I could have at all, ever, I would choose the Lamborghini Gallardo. Why? Because I don't particularly fancy being roasted like a chicken when my 458 bursts into flames cause it can't take the Texas heat. :lol:
 
But if these were the only cars I could have at all, ever, I would choose the Lamborghini Gallardo. Why? Because I don't particularly fancy being roasted like a chicken when my 458 bursts into flames cause it can't take the Texas heat. :lol:

A Gallardo that's burst into flames cause it can't take the Norwegian heat:

 
Personally, if I were offered one of these cars for free, I wouldn't take it. I'm not a fan of paying a Miata to pull out a door ding or change a timing belt.

But if these were the only cars I could have at all, ever, I would choose the Lamborghini Gallardo. Why? Because I don't particularly fancy being roasted like a chicken when my 458 bursts into flames cause it can't take the Texas heat. :lol:

Lol...Gallardos were burning to a crisp long before the 458 even existed.

I'll take my LP560-4 Spyder in Verde.
 
the fact that driving a Ferrari in GT5 is not to say that the ferrari fan, driving pleasure, it is more!!! I have murcielago, and R8.... F458? undoubtedly a real cannon of the road.


are just opinions friends, and is the talk that we understand!!! Got it? ;)
 
This whole business about Ferrari tuning their cars for a specific track that is to be used in a comparison test, putting stickier rubber on their cars, and otherwise finding ways to bend the rules in their favor really makes it hard to want one of those cars. I wouldn't be able to live with a car knowing that's nowhere near as good as the auto publications are fooled into saying it is.
In the Evo magazine test between the 458 and the MP4-12C, it was the latter that was given stickier rubber. The Ferrari folk that were there made no changes to the 458 between the road and track.
 
I could want a Lambo LP 550-2 Balboni. :D
 
But if these were the only cars I could have at all, ever, I would choose the Lamborghini Gallardo. Why? Because I don't particularly fancy being roasted like a chicken when my 458 bursts into flames cause it can't take the Texas heat. :lol:
There are several owners here in DFW that would probably like a word with you....
 
i'd choose the Lamborghini LP-560...
 
Ferrari, reason being there isn't 8 "special edition" version of it.
 
Back