Ferrari California only convertible with top down?

• Thread starter Testdasi
  • 11 comments
Testdasi
I'm collecting convertibles in GT5 and to my dismay, it seems the only convertible that can be raced with top down is the Ferrari California.
Is there any other convertible that can be raced top down? Is there a list available somewhere?
Thanks, guys.

PS: please, no talk about racing with top down is wrong blabla. I dont care about that.

The Art Morrison Corvette, the Premium Shelby Cobra, the Jaguar XJ13 (not really a convertible) and all the open-top Standard cars (LMPs, Caterham, 2J, Toyota 7, Suzuki GSX-R/4).

EDIT: And the DLC Mazda MX-5/Miata/Roadster TC.

Testdasi
I'm collecting convertibles in GT5 and to my dismay, it seems the only convertible that can be raced with top down is the Ferrari California.
Is there any other convertible that can be raced top down? Is there a list available somewhere?
Thanks, guys.

PS: please, no talk about racing with top down is wrong blabla. I dont care about that.

Ac cobra!

Lol and the above.

Thanks, guys.

with honousty, you haven't really looked what convertibles can be played with, with top down, do you...?

The Art Morrison Corvette, the Premium Shelby Cobra, the Jaguar XJ13 (not really a convertible) and all the open-top Standard cars (LMPs, Caterham, 2J, Toyota 7, Suzuki GSX-R/4).

EDIT: And the DLC Mazda MX-5/Miata/Roadster TC.
Thanks for the Mazda. Just realised the Furai Concept is the only Mazda I raced in, I think.
But I thought the rest of the cars you listed are not convertibles but open-tops.

Ac cobra!

Lol and the above.
What's the diff b/w it and the Shelby Cobra?

Jai
I wonder why we can't have the roof up or down on Premium cars, since the roof is modeled.
I asked the same question too.

with honousty, you haven't really looked what convertibles can be played with, with top down, do you...?
I don't have much "honousty" but I did buy all of the Premium convertibles (except Mazda in an oversight) and a few Standard (e.g. MB SLK 98). Do you need a screen capture of my garage?

Well, the Cobra does have a soft-top in real life (the Standard Cobras are closed too), although it's more a roadster, the AM Corvette doesn't, but the car it's based on (the original Corvette from 1960) also had a soft-top, so I would definitely count it as convertible.

But only in Arcade Mode, because of performance issues. ;)
Yeah, it would be great if you could choose how to drive, since the performance isn't an issue anymore.

i read somewhere that the convertables are top up when a rear wing is fitted and top down with no wing... haven't tried it myself, but it's worth a try.

Jai
I wonder why we can't have the roof up or down on Premium cars, since the roof is modeled.

With the California you can have the roof on if you add a rear wing. I love the California with the roof on but not at the expense of having a huge rear wing to ruin the car. Because of this conflict, I seldom if ever use the California.

Back