Ferrari F2007 Tuning for online races.

Yeah, max the downforce and drive it.:D I'm afirm believer that race cars don't need tuning, they're already the complete deal. An F1 car is the pinnacle of motor racing in history. It's alreay about as good as it will get. Sorry to disappoint you, but I think the best way to improve that car is practice driving it.

Yeah, max the downforce and drive it.:D I'm afirm believer that race cars don't need tuning, they're already the complete deal. An F1 car is the pinnacle of motor racing in history. It's alreay about as good as it will get. Sorry to disappoint you, but I think the best way to improve that car is practice driving it.

Oh come on. There must be some optimal gear ratios ??????

You're constantly in the revs all the time, the gearing is nigh on perfect.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, you might lengthen the final gear to get a nice top end in a slipstream, otherwise don't touch it accept maxxing the downforce. Simple.

On time trials the top guys have changed the setups a bit. I found I could drop .3s off my best time, still not as fast as the top guys, also dont overdo rear downforce.

Time trial doesn't allow tuning, FREE RUN does but you can't see those lap times.

Online time trials do allow tuning. Or atleast they did. I have the NTSCJ version so I don't know exactly what they are called.

most people I race on Fuji have tuned the car, the gearing is pumped up and
wing changes, major camber also... I am still ,playing around and have not found the answer.....any suggestions..........

tedsleds

I think that the F1 needs some minor adjusting, but also, because we are individuals, and we do drive individually, not that the track is different for each individual, but there is so many ways of driving the F1, and still be able too win.. we can see that every day online..

Just a example
somtimes a guy with 953 beats a guy with 979, and overall they are both good fast drivers..

But again, you don't need to change this much, but I've spend lots of times on this with testing, and i feel more confident with this setup, i often win 3 out 5 races, or atleast i'm in the top 2-3, unless there is to one orn many with net spikes, then i automatically, pull back, and wait for a crash or lost car..

My setup for the F1 for Fuji. and maybe you have suggestions, then i will gladly change them, for a try on your ideas..

Aerodynamics: 148 - 200 - normal mode (NM) 100 -150
Damper: 7 - 7 - NM 8 - 8
Toe: -0,49 - +0,50 - NM -0,50 - +0,50
Camper: 2.1 - 1.5 NM 2.0 - 1.0
Brake: 6 - 7 NM 5 - 5
Final gear: 5.545 NM 5.620

Then if i'm full of energy, I drive with manual gear ( takes a lot of energy, but you can get faster with it, specially in the tight chicanes. but wow Hard work..
Most of the time i'm driving with automatic, so i'm no hero hehe

but again, don't dish me, because of my settings, but inspiration is more then welcomed..

Dream Extreme
Flagmo-T - Team MoFF

I will try your setup.... in my testing periods....hope to race you...
when....... EST do you race? it is funny I keep buying the F1 cars thinking one will be faster than the next to start with, before I tune them a bit...

tedsleds

I'm often on the server from 11pm too 4am (Danish time) simply love driving this fast piece of material.. hehe..

let's say 12pm, my time, that would be If you live in EX. NY ( -6 hours) or 2am, then you'll have eated and are full of energy to beat me hehe..

Nah , my account is full, don't really need the $, i've even bought 2 sets of all ferrari's and cars the normally has a kknown color, beacuse all my cars are black if possible, same goes for my team m8, no1infreestyle, so when we join same race, we'll look like a team more then less hehe

dream Extreme
Flaggie..

I think that the F1 needs some minor adjusting, but also, because we are individuals, and we do drive individually, not that the track is different for each individual, but there is so many ways of driving the F1, and still be able too win.. we can see that every day online..

Just a example
somtimes a guy with 953 beats a guy with 979, and overall they are both good fast drivers..

But again, you don't need to change this much, but I've spend lots of times on this with testing, and i feel more confident with this setup, i often win 3 out 5 races, or atleast i'm in the top 2-3, unless there is to one orn many with net spikes, then i automatically, pull back, and wait for a crash or lost car..

My setup for the F1 for Fuji. and maybe you have suggestions, then i will gladly change them, for a try on your ideas..

Aerodynamics: 148 - 200 - normal mode (NM) 100 -150
Damper: 7 - 7 - NM 8 - 8
Toe: -0,49 - +0,50 - NM -0,50 - +0,50
Camper: 2.1 - 1.5 NM 2.0 - 1.0
Brake: 6 - 7 NM 5 - 5
Final gear: 5.545 NM 5.620

Then if i'm full of energy, I drive with manual gear ( takes a lot of energy, but you can get faster with it, specially in the tight chicanes. but wow Hard work..
Most of the time i'm driving with automatic, so i'm no hero hehe

but again, don't dish me, because of my settings, but inspiration is more then welcomed..

Dream Extreme
Flagmo-T - Team MoFF

last night, i change it a little bit..

camper 2.0 - 1.5
Brake 5 -6
final gear 5.785

I also notits that my setup, from one night, feels less good the day after, but that's not the car, that my state of mind. because after a few races, your mind is speeded up, then you probably drive more focused, and concentrated.

meaning faster times, and more accurate driving in general.. so be carefull ortherwise, you'll get frustrated, and give up on the setups..

best thing ( Me) is to drive Ex: Fuji slowly, to get the brake points, and speed in the chicanes, then faster and faster, and in the end, you'll be a monster, because you cut your way through the track like a speedball..

Flaggie

so far my best time is in 1.32's with max down force it's really tough to shave that 2 to 3 sec. off the lap time to be in the top 10. If you have a setup that can get me there that would be great. Anyone want to post there improved consistent lap times?

Hi, finally got through the S-class races to get my F2007. First tried it on Daytona track and front wheels shake like crazy. Is this a wheel balance/camber problem that needs adjustment? Thanks.

Yeah, I am having the same problem with the f2007. When I use the wheel the car shakes so bad on the straights. any setup changes for this?

Yeah, I am having the same problem with the f2007. When I use the wheel the car shakes so bad on the straights. any setup changes for this?

Hi Mactzzy,

What steering wheel you have?

I'm using the GT Force Feedback Pro, and what I done is simply tune down the force feedback to Level 4.

Give it a try and see how you go.

:)

yap got the same problemo on my G25, but it's just good to have it realistic :)
And i tell you it's nothing against driving the fastest race cars on circuit de la sarthe II on gt4 :P
My tiny arms is almoust dying !

i would also like to find out how to tune the f2007 properly....however, don't you notice that in all the default tunes, the TOE is always a RIDICULOUS -0.50/+0.50?? i would like to think that the race cars are all set up so that they need very little tuning, but when i see that every car has damper set to 8 front and back, and the TOE settings, it just doesn't make sense for me...it kinda makes me feel that they are ruining the car this way....like, every time you go drive it, it is handicapped by default!!

so i don't believe that the cars are at their most realistic settings to begin with...they should definitely have all the real settings ALREADY set...so that we can have a sense of how to play with it...cuz if all the cars are at the same setting, we'll never know what the real cars are like! they better fix this in gt5....sigh

Try different techniques to steady the wheel (I manage to squeeze the wobble out somewhat); and it only happens at top speed on the straight- a speed wobble I guess.

My best time was in 121.XX and using the default tune settings!

I think the formula GT car needed a great deal of tuning to balance it, but as soon as I drove the f2007 I felt like it was a great car as is. I had no trouble catching the other f2007's in the ferrari event, but Im down for trying to improve its performance. I'll give these settings a try. Here's a site with a guide that explains how these settings and adjustments function. http://www.strengthgamer.com/Gran_Turismo_5_Tuning.html

Back