Ferrari F430 '06

Ferrari F430 '06

Thorin Cain

Premium
Scotland
Glasgow
THORIN-RAYVEN
Thorin Cain submitted a new tune:

Ferrari F430 '06 - Built to 575pp on RS Tyres in the LIttle Duckpond Under the Mountain

View attachment 155931
This car was tuned around Nurburgring GP-F/ Matterhorn Dristelen, Special Stage Route 5, Grand Valley Speedway and Spa. A car which likes to be taken to the edge, not the most planted car out there but a whole lot of fun. Can be driven aggressively but should be real easy to catch if you go too far.

Read more about this tune...

I have problem writing to explain my problem. For me its fast but not to safe if i push to limit. I tried at SSR5 i need much lap for get the best lap with clean. So i try to change comp 5/6 and ext 5/5 and bb 10/10. Better for me but still not satisfy me. Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback! I understand your problem, the car is a little bit on the loose side, it's just how I like it. I'll give her a little work today and see if I can make some adjustments that will suit your style a little more. Would you be looking for better braking and a little less slidey in the corner?

Thanks for the feedback! I understand your problem, the car is a little bit on the loose side, it's just how I like it. I'll give her a little work today and see if I can make some adjustments that will suit your style a little more. Would you be looking for better braking and a little less slidey in the corner?
Little confused for the question because my limited english, sorry for that. Yes i want the car better at braking. I want the car stay where they are when i do hard braking. A little slide is ok for me. Would you try the car at SSR5? Long straight and hard braking before tunnel then get the clean and fast turn in the tunnel? And mid corner too before u-turn. Sorry my bad english. Thank you for your hard work doing these much.

Not a problem. I'll use SSR5 for testing and try and achieve what you're looking for. If I feel the changes help the car at other tracks I will update the tune page, if not I will post the changes here.

Thanks again for giving me useful information to help me adapt this car to suit you better, I really appreciate the help.

Hi Again @romynovanda. I have had a good testing session and have made some changes that you can try out.

Firstly I stiffened the dampers all round by one click. so now Compression is 5/6 and Extension is 7/7. I made these changes and immediately saw a big change in the cars handling in the two zones highlighted, I then felt that I needed to adjust the Toe angles a little to help smooth out the corner turn in a little so these are now at -0.08/0.06. I would suggest you try these suspension changes on their own first (These may be enough), before trying out the rest below.

The next obvious port of call is the LSD, and as usual the braking sensitivity. I normally run this below where most people would normally like it, It's just a personal preference. I started by adjusting this to 18 which I feel kills the fun but is really stable in the hard braking zones, but if I was going to run the with this setting I would probably have to rework the suspension a little to compensate. So I dropped it to 16 which is still stable but will allow a bit of a slide.( I'm personally really liking 15 with the above suspension changes.)

Finally I had a little play around with the braking balance, this I think is always about personal preference. I found 6/7 feels like the best for me around this track. It just seems to settle the rear a little better and Is definitely much better if trail braking.

Give these a try out and please let me know how you get on. 👍

And @GTPDAMO, I'd give some of these a try out too If I was you. If you do please let me know how you get on? If we all agree on any of the changes making the car much better I will update the tune. It's only fair you have a say, as the car was tuned at your request.

Thanks again for your input guys:cheers:

Thank you thorin cain i will try this and let you know the result. I just tried your nsx. Its 5 stars. I wish the f430 handle like nsx.

what is your psn id? Its ok if i add yours?

Hi Again @romynovanda. I have had a good testing session and have made some changes that you can try out.

Firstly I stiffened the dampers all round by one click. so now Compression is 5/6 and Extension is 7/7. I made these changes and immediately saw a big change in the cars handling in the two zones highlighted, I then felt that I needed to adjust the Toe angles a little to help smooth out the corner turn in a little so these are now at -0.08/0.06. I would suggest you try these suspension changes on their own first (These may be enough), before trying out the rest below.

The next obvious port of call is the LSD, and as usual the braking sensitivity. I normally run this below where most people would normally like it, It's just a personal preference. I started by adjusting this to 18 which I feel kills the fun but is really stable in the hard braking zones, but if I was going to run the with this setting I would probably have to rework the suspension a little to compensate. So I dropped it to 16 which is still stable but will allow a bit of a slide.( I'm personally really liking 15 with the above suspension changes.)

Finally I had a little play around with the braking balance, this I think is always about personal preference. I found 6/7 feels like the best for me around this track. It just seems to settle the rear a little better and Is definitely much better if trail braking.

Give these a try out and please let me know how you get on. 👍

And @GTPDAMO, I'd give some of these a try out too If I was you. If you do please let me know how you get on? If we all agree on any of the changes making the car much better I will update the tune. It's only fair you have a say, as the car was tuned at your request.

Thanks again for your input guys:cheers:

Will give these changes a go on the ring and see if it helps for me this afternoon as I have some free time :)

Edit - just seen your testing SSR5 so will test there :)

Last edited:
Thank you thorin cain i will try this and let you know the result. I just tried your nsx. Its 5 stars. I wish the f430 handle like nsx.

what is your psn id? Its ok if i add yours?

Thanks again! Yeah, I wish every MR handles like my NSX. As far as driving goes it's as close to perfect a car can get and that was before I got my hands on it's oily bits:lol:

I will add your's now, it should be easy to recognise me. Is your's romy_novanda or all one word like GTP handle?

I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Will give these changes a go on the ring and see if it helps for me this afternoon as I have some free time :)

Edit - just seen your testing SSR5 so will test there :)

Nice one.👍

If you don't mind, try both. The more feedback I can get on how it does on different tracks the better I can understand what changes will be of the most use all-round and this can only make the car better for everyone else who tries it.

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate the time you are taking to help me improve this tune.:bowdown:

Nice one.👍

If you don't mind, try both. The more feedback I can get on how it does on different tracks the better I can understand what changes will be of the most use all-round and this can only make the car better for everyone else who tries it.

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate the time you are taking to help me improve this tune.:bowdown:

Ok the results are in for SSR5.

I was going to give a full review of the 2 tunes but it was a land slide win.

I first tried the dampers on there own and then with the updated toe and found the higher toe angle was fighting against me in the faster corners so I took that off and added on the LSD to 16 and then reduced it to 15 (more to my liking).

I then did 5 laps with a best time of 1:17.282

I then used the original tune for 5 laps with a best time of 1:16.597!!!

It's quite obvious which is fastest for me but @Thorin Cain your MR tunes always suits my aggressive driving style.

I am quite happy to do the same test on a different track if need be

Ok @GTPDAMO, I'd say that was pretty conclusive. By the results you clearly drive a lot like me:D I was hitting more or less the exact same times with the 2 set-ups:cheers:

I'd also like to hear your opinion of the changes on The Green Hell, I rarely drive there and am not consistent enough to make a fair comparison.

Cheers again!

Ok @GTPDAMO, I'd say that was pretty conclusive. By the results you clearly drive a lot like me:D I was hitting more or less the exact same times with the 2 set-ups:cheers:

I'd also like to hear your opinion of the changes on The Green Hell, I rarely drive there and am not consistent enough to make a fair comparison.

Cheers again!

No problem it was a pleasure :)

What changes around the green hell were you thinking?.
I do like to race there but usually race cars :)

Thanks again! Yeah, I wish every MR handles like my NSX. As far as driving goes it's as close to perfect a car can get and that was before I got my hands on it's oily bits:lol:

I will add your's now, it should be easy to recognise me. Is your's romy_novanda or all one word like GTP handle?

I look forward to hearing how you get on.
All one word like GTP

No problem it was a pleasure :)

What changes around the green hell were you thinking?.
I do like to race there but usually race cars :)
Just the same changes I made for Route 5, if you wouldn't mind of course. I would be interested to see how they are on there is all, it's a different animal that place and cars reacts differently on a lot of that track than it does on other track types.

Just the same changes I made for Route 5, if you wouldn't mind of course. I would be interested to see how they are on there is all, it's a different animal that place and cars reacts differently on a lot of that track than it does on other track types.

Ok no problem I will give it a go this evening before heading online :)

The Green Hell test

This was a lot of fun to do this test here and this car performed really well and There wasn't a completely clean lap between both tunes but after 6 mins of racing and 3 laps each both tunes were averaging 6:35 / 6:36 so there was realy nothing to go by on time.

The only difference on this track (I mean a slight difference) is that the updated dampers and LSD make the car feel a little bit safer and not so much on the knife edge as the original tune.

But remember this is the Green Hell and my biggest advice to anybody wanting to take a mid engined super car here is to break slightly early, avoid the curbs at all times learn the corners/bumps and never think you have mastered it

That's what I was hoping to hear, thanks a bunch for doing that for me:cheers:

Sound advice too my friend, always the best way to drive the high powered MRs!

I tried f430 again last night follow your update step by step: (test at SSR5)
First raise the compression one click to 5/6. It makes the car better but not much. Then i raise the extension to 7/7. I dont like it. So i stay at 6/6.
Second i change toe angle -0.08 / 0.06. It makes me hard to move. So i do the opposite. I change to -0.15 /0.00 . Better.
Third the lsd. I stay at 5/9/14. 18 for brake too safe for me.
Fourth the brake balance. 6/7 i think perfect for this car. The car well balance at hard brake.

At this point the car faster around 1 second per lap for me. But still not satisfy me. The car still unpredictable. I decide to change the weight distribution to 46:54 by add ballast 37kg at -50%. Yes the ballast make the car predictable. Stay where they are.

At this point i can push the car to limit with confidence. I feel i need more turn-in at front. Then i remember what we are talking at first time.... spring rate. I lower the front spring rate to 9.87 i feel good then lower again and again finally at 7.87.

Yes right now i can drive f430 the way i like. Fast, not perfect but forgiven.

These my setup finally:
550 pp
1225 kg 46:54
Ballast 37kg -50%

LSD 5/9/14

RH 68/77
SR 7.87/11.66
DC 5/6
DE 6/6
ARB 4/5
CA 0/0
TA -0.15/0.00
BB 6/7

I wish i can explain more clearly and more detail all with better words. But sorry i have limitation in my english. I hope you try my setup.

i am not a good driver or tuner. Far away from medium. That setup just describe what i like.

now i can constantly around 1:17:100 - 1:17:500 at ssr5 550pp rs tires.

thank you so much thorin cain.

I tried f430 again last night follow your update step by step: (test at SSR5)
First raise the compression one click to 5/6. It makes the car better but not much. Then i raise the extension to 7/7. I dont like it. So i stay at 6/6.
Second i change toe angle -0.08 / 0.06. It makes me hard to move. So i do the opposite. I change to -0.15 /0.00 . Better.
Third the lsd. I stay at 5/9/14. 18 for brake too safe for me.
Fourth the brake balance. 6/7 i think perfect for this car. The car well balance at hard brake.

At this point the car faster around 1 second per lap for me. But still not satisfy me. The car still unpredictable. I decide to change the weight distribution to 46:54 by add ballast 37kg at -50%. Yes the ballast make the car predictable. Stay where they are.

At this point i can push the car to limit with confidence. I feel i need more turn-in at front. Then i remember what we are talking at first time.... spring rate. I lower the front spring rate to 9.87 i feel good then lower again and again finally at 7.87.

Yes right now i can drive f430 the way i like. Fast, not perfect but forgiven.

These my setup finally:
550 pp
1225 kg 46:54
Ballast 37kg -50%

LSD 5/9/14

RH 68/77
SR 7.87/11.66
DC 5/6
DE 6/6
ARB 4/5
CA 0/0
TA -0.15/0.00
BB 6/7

I wish i can explain more clearly and more detail all with better words. But sorry i have limitation in my english. I hope you try my setup.

i am not a good driver or tuner. Far away from medium. That setup just describe what i like.

now i can constantly around 1:17:100 - 1:17:500 at ssr5 550pp rs tires.

thank you so much thorin cain.
My pleasure!

That's excellent news. I'm glad you found some changes that make this better for you.

I will try your settings today when I am home from work, it will help me to understand how you like to drive which will make it easier to adapt my cars for you if I need to do so again. Can't wait to see how it drives.

The new softer front springs is a great idea, I use this technique a lot with the really tricky MRs but I found for me, this car was really nice with the springs closer together so that's why I had them set so close. You have them set quite close to the stock difference so the car should really suit it, as it drove really nice when new. I have also found ballast over the front wheels useful to gain a little more front grip in cars with no adjustable front aero. Nice adjustments!

Thanks for the help and don't sell yourself short, If you can make the changes that make the difference for you in any tune you're doing well!

I am not that great a driver or tuner either, I just really enjoy tuning myself these days, I have learned and continue to learn a lot from the other tuners who know more than me and I improve a little more each time. It's the same as driving, the more you practice the better you get.

And please, never worry about your English. It's good enough to get the message across, which is more than I can say for some of the English speakers in these forums and better than any of my attempts at a different language other than my own.

Thanks again for your input my friend. I have already made a couple of changes I like for this car since I was trying to help you to get it to suit, I look forward to trying out your's later, it may help me further still.

Just out of interest...what do you feel can still be better with your new settings?

Sorry i dont understand the last sentences. Can you make the question more simple? If you mean the car can be better? Yes i'm sure with your 'magic touch' the car still be better.

Sorry, yes I was asking if you still find something is not right when the car has your new settings? And you have answered my question.:cheers:

Ha, magic touch...funny!👍 if I had magic touch the car would be perfect already. But thank you for the compliment:D

Can't wait to try your changes and see how they go for me.

@romynovanda, I just gave your settings a little try out around Fuji @ 575pp(Just because I was there and at the right pp.)
At first, some idiot(ME:dunce:) forgot to add the ballast you used, and I was able to abuse the car so much and control it, turns out it may be the base for a fun drift car:lol:

Then I added the ballast and it all made sense.;)

I am going to have to take it to Route 5 for a proper comparison but although I had to change my driving style a little bit I was running the same lap-time round Fuji as the version with the changes I made. Can't get either of them as quick as the tune I posted originally round here though, but I will be recommending you're settings to anyone who is looking for a safer ride. It was a nice drive! Great job with the adjustments:tup:

I think there is some room for improvement somewhere between the original tune and the settings you find right for you. I'm going to keep working on this for a while and see if I can combine the speed with the safety a little better.

Thanks again for taking the time to give me some great feedback. I really appreciate it :cheers:

Back