Ferrari F8 Tributo is a 710hp Replacement for the 488 GTB

I would joke about it looking too similar to the outgoing model (and like all the V8 Ferraris for the last decade), but I am a 911 fan. :lol:

I like this, looks good.

Last edited:
Tributo in the sense that it's probably the last Ferrari midship that'll be released that doesn't include KERS or hybrid technology?

Well if they decide to create an even faster track special of the F8, then that will be truly the last Ferrari to not use hybrid assist. Then they can call it F8 Tributo. For the base model they should just call it F8. Or 508 just to follow the traditional engine size-cylinder nomenclature (note: I know the F8 has the same engine capacity as the 488, this was just an example).

Meh, I guess Ferrari used up all their design talent on the Monza.
It's just an evolution of the 488, same platform etc. They're bringing out a V8 hybrid that will sit above this in a few months. That's the real successor to the 488 really. Which I'm sure will have a new design language. But then again, maybe not.

traditional engine size-cylinder nomenclature
You mean the nomenclature that didn't start until 20 years into the marque with the 206/246, was abandoned with the F355 and then was briefly revisited with the 458, only to be abandoned yet again? That "traditional" nomenclature?

You mean the nomenclature that didn't start until 20 years into the marque with the 206/246, was abandoned with the F355 and then was briefly revisited with the 458, only to be abandoned yet again? That "traditional" nomenclature?

It wasn't abandoned with the 355. The 5 in the end is referring to the quintuple valve system that were the highlights of the car at the time. I concur, 360 and 430 didn't follow the nomenclature strictly, but at least you still know what size engines they carry (and obviously it will be a V8). Traditional or not, it has been used in 50+ years of the company history with only a few small deviations here and there, and it's a nomenclature that makes most sense and objective (compared to the alphanumeric soup used by Merc/BMW/Audi that keeps changing and oh look Cadillac has just changed its nomenclature again, thanks GTP News for telling me).

Anyway, since neither you or I are in charge of naming cars at Ferrari, F8 Tributo it shall remains.

It wasn't abandoned with the 355. The 5 in the end is referring to the quintuple valve system that were the highlights of the car at the time. I concur, 360 and 430 didn't follow the nomenclature strictly, but at least you still know what size engines they carry (and obviously it will be a V8). Traditional or not, it has been used in 50+ years of the company history with only a few small deviations here and there, and it's a nomenclature that makes most sense and objective (compared to the alphanumeric soup used by Merc/BMW/Audi that keeps changing and oh look Cadillac has just changed its nomenclature again, thanks GTP News for telling me).

Anyway, since neither you or I are in charge of naming cars at Ferrari, F8 Tributo it shall remains.
"They didn't abandon the engine size-cylinder nomenclature, the '5' refers to the number of valves."

:odd:

If the name doesn't denote the engine capacity and cylinder count, it hasn't stuck to that particular system. But that's really not even the point.

Various naming systems have been used, and not one is "traditional" as a result. As such, suggesting a name that sticks to a nonexistent "traditional" system is daft, and not simply because they likely couldn't care less.

Obligatory F8 Tributo Spider

uzcmb342fiq0jlwy1cvc.jpg

odxsbeswkqn6tgu44w3e.jpg

Can't quite get over the rear with the way they designed the 4-taillamps, but Ferrari's Spiders have been the much better looking cars since the 458, imo.

I agree, the car look ok until you get to the rear which isn't that nice and looks like it should belong to a completely different car IMO.

Ferrari SP48 Unica

1651797923352.png

1651797937063.png

1651797955903.png

1651797963982.png

The SP48 Unica is based on the F8 Tributo, but you wouldn't necessarily tell right away as the body has been largely redesigned. The one-of-a-kind creation was commissioned by a long-standing client who was involved in the development. The Prancing Horse goes as far as to say the buyer had their say in every step of the process.

The all-new front fascia was conceived using procedural-parametric modeling techniques and 3D prototyping.

Ferrari SP-8, based on the F8 Spider

1698179880951.png

1698179897354.png

1698179888094.png

1698179914460.png

1698179919984.png

Commissioned by a wealthy customer from Taiwan, the SP-8 is an F8 Spider that has had its electrically retractable hardtop chopped off to create a true roadster with no roof whatsoever.

[...]

There aren't any changes to the mid-mounted V8, so the twin-turbo 3.9-liter engine continues to produce 710 horsepower and 568 pound-feet (770 Newton-meters) of torque routed to the rear wheels.

The Ferrari SP-8 is already on display in Italy at the Mugello track and will remain there until the end of the Finali Mondiali Ferrari 2023 event on October 30. Its next stop will be at the Ferrari Museum in Maranello where it's going to be exhibited from November 16 until March 2024.

Back